Soon to be official: Mutu to Juve (6 Viewers)

OP
IceBlu

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
  • Thread Starter #443
    ++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
    well we still wont be able to play him against chelsea

says who ?

Crespo denied any such clause in his contract and i think it will be the same for Mutu.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
    Jul 12, 2002
    Confusion surrounds Mutu
    Thursday 5 August, 2004

Statements from Chelsea and Adrian Mutu’s representatives are contradictory as his move to Juventus hangs in the balance.

"Mutu left London on Thursday for Italy and he'll sign a deal with Juventus on Friday," his agent Gica Popescu told a news agency.

This was added to his other representatives Andrea Pretti and Ioan Becali informing newspapers that a loan switch, with an option to make the move permanent at the end of the season, was ready for completion.

However, on Thursday evening Chelsea FC issued a statement assuring that no such action had been taken.

“Contrary to certain reports in the media,” said the official Stamford Bridge side website, “Chelsea has not agreed a deal with Juventus regarding Adrian Mutu, and unless we do or if we don’t, he remains a Chelsea player.”

The Italian press is nonetheless convinced that Mutu will be wearing the Bianconeri jersey by the weekend. It’s claimed the 25-year-old will arrive on loan, with Chelsea still paying 30 per cent of his wages.

Another Premiership club has also issued a statement denying a switch to Serie A is a done deal, as Paolo Di Canio was in confirmed negotiations with Lazio.

"We have not heard of any deal involving Paolo di Canio,” a Charlton Athletic spokesman told the BBC this afternoon.

This is a surprise to Italian football fans, as his agent Moreno Roggi told news services, “I had a meeting with President Claudio Lotito to confirm what had already been talked about. Now everything depends on Lazio.”

Di Canio is their number one target and it’s claimed he would be willing to accept a massive pay cut, earning just £165,000 a season, in order to return to the club he left 14 years ago

Sep 14, 2003
    Interesting, this could be:

1) A smokesreen to fool the press

2) A double bluff to make everyone think we are buying him and we annouce the surprise transfer

3) We really don't have an agreement with Chelsea.

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
    I think we'll get him tomorrow. My choice would of been a sub for Trez(Gilardino) but I guess Capello wants Mutu.

LEC

Sep 6, 2002
    i just read on the online version of my newspaper...
    ....mutus deal is already done and will be presented tomorrow. they knew the deco transfer and emerson transfer 2 days before and if i read it tomorrow in the paper than its offical. in my opinion a very good transfer indeed. now we could play with two strikers, if we need it. then we go for mascherano and probarly cannavaro/jankulowski and our team is ready for the new season.:cool::cool:

Len

Feb 13, 2004
    I hope we get him....we need another striker.....I think he'll do well here......
    We also have the option for Zlatan, if he doesn't arrive...:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)