Soon to be official: Mutu to Juve (4 Viewers)

Lampard #8

Apr 8, 2004
His agent is just doing his job trying to create a sense of urgency for Mourinho and Chelsea if they want to keep Adrian Mutu happy.

It is one of the oldest tricks in the book.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Len ] ++
I hope we get him....we need another striker.....I think he'll do well here......
We also have the option for Zlatan, if he doesn't arrive...:D

zlatan said that he'll stay another year at ajax.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
This is ain't another Emo story,be sure.
Today we will sign him officially.
GREAT DEAL!
We pay 70% of his wage,no transfer fee,and with an option to outbuy him next summer!
And he is fantastic player if he plays once again like he did here,in Italy!:angel:
WELCOME ADRIAN!!!:cheesy::cool::angel:

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Roman ] ++
And he is fantastic player if he plays once again like he did here,in Italy!:angel:
yes, but he's not the kind of player we need. but as vinman said, he's better than nothing.

now we just need a CB.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Arif ] ++

yes, but he's not the kind of player we need. but as vinman said, he's better than nothing.

now we just need a CB.
We do need a one more crativity man.to cover Neddy,plus he can score a lot.
He is what we need.

But ofcourse CB is the main target.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
If he signs Friday, would that be in time for him to make it in to our confirmed CL squad -- i.e., if Chelsea already registered him?

I don't know if a player can appear in the CL if they registered through another team earlier in the year, even if they didn't field in a CL match for them....

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Yeah, but AFAIK Chelsea were 2nd in the EPL last year, they dont have to submit their squad until september 1st.

Also, if a player plays for a team in Euro competitions he cant play for another team in CL/UEFA Cup that season. However, if he's registered but doesnt play he can be registered by his new team for the next stage.

They are three periods for registering players, in June/August, for the preliminary rounds, in September for the first round and in january for the next rounds.

So, for example, if we were to sign a player who's registered for another team but doesnt play, we could still register him in septmeber. But, If he plays only one minute it's all over.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
Yeah, but AFAIK Chelsea were 2nd in the EPL last year, they dont have to submit their squad until september 1st.

Also, if a player plays for a team in Euro competitions he cant play for another team in CL/UEFA Cup that season. However, if he's registered but doesnt play he can be registered by his new team for the next stage.

They are three periods for registering players, in June/August, for the preliminary rounds, in September for the first round and in january for the next rounds.

So, for example, if we were to sign a player who's registered for another team but doesnt play, we could still register him in septmeber. But, If he plays only one minute it's all over.
That's right.even one second.;).
I really hope Canna doesn't play.Inter didn't use him at all till now in their friendlies.not at all.
So i hope Mancini will keep him out...:angel:

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
in regards to his wage, we only pay 2.8 million pounds? is this correct? if so, this deal keeps on getting better each time i read it.:D

OP
IceBlu

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
  • Thread Starter #477
    ++ [ originally posted by Roman ] ++

That's right.even one second.;).
    I really hope Canna doesn't play.Inter didn't use him at all till now in their friendlies.not at all.
    So i hope Mancini will keep him out...:angel:

I don't think Canna will play anyway since he is still injured or whatever and he hasn't played in a single preseason game yet.

I hope to God that the next time we see him play will be in black and white.

SilvLightning

Sep 1, 2002
    Mutu on loan to Juventus
    Fro correspondents in London
    August 6, 2004

CHELSEA's Romanian striker, Adrian Mutu, is set to join Juventus on a one-year loan deal, according to reports today.

Mutu, a 24 million euro ($29m) signing from Juve's Serie A rivals Parma last year, is keen to return to Italy after failing to settle here.

"Mutu left London on Thursday for Italy and he'll sign a deal with Juventus on Friday," his agent Gica Popescu said on the BBC website.

Chelsea are prepared to let Mutu leave following the signing of Didier Drogba from Marseille and Serbian striker Mateja Kezman from PSV Eindhoven.

Gazzetta dello Sport reported that Juventus are keen to land 25-year-old Mutu on a permanent deal and have offered Chelsea 12m euros.

Mutu, who spent four seasons in Italy after leaving Romanian side Dinamo Bucharest, began well for Chelsea last season but the goals dried up after a bright start and a dip in form was followed by a string of niggling injuries.

He scored six goals in 25 English Premiership matches.

link: http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,10359943-23215,00.html

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)