So Who Should Play for the Azzurri? (15 Viewers)

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #443
    It will be interesting to see where Altidore goes in terms of club football. Perhaps Napoli would be a good location or something.

Lion

King of Tuz
    Jan 24, 2007
    Man, this is going to be one hell of a strike force in a few years:

Buffon

Oddo - Barzagli - Chiellini - De Ceglie

Gattuso - Pirlo - Marchisio

Balotelli - Amauri - Altidore
    Is it safe to assume then that in this near future that Aquilani, De Rossi, Giovinco, and Rossi die?

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #446
    Is it safe to assume then that in this near future that Aquilani, De Rossi, Giovinco, and Rossi die?
    Damn, my bad yo. Totally forgot about them.

Buffon

De Silvestri - Chiellini - Criscito - De Ceglie

Aquilani - Pirlo - De Rossi

Giovinco

Amauri - Altidore

Now THAT is sickness.

May 22, 2007
    Damn, my bad yo. Totally forgot about them.

Buffon

De Silvestri - Chiellini - Criscito - De Ceglie

Aquilani - Pirlo - De Rossi

Giovinco

Amauri - Altidore

Now THAT is sickness.
    Rossi and Balotelli over them both. Really can't believe you think Altidore will even get called up based on one article.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #448
    Rossi and Balotelli over them both. Really can't believe you think Altidore will even get called up based on one article.
    Well, so what are Donadoni's words worth then?

He just said it. He said that if Jozy wants to play for the Azzurri, he'll be called up. That's the truth.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #450
    His words are worth nothing because I doubt he will be Italys coach for much longer.
    Well what if he calls up Altidore before he leaves?

And why are you guys upset over this again? Jozy is a great young player... why don't you want him on the Azzurri?

May 22, 2007
    Well what if he calls up Altidore before he leaves?

And why are you guys upset over this again? Jozy is a great young player... why don't you want him on the Azzurri?
    He has shown he can play well in America. He needs to show he can play well against tough European sides, and if he does then good luck to him. Automatically assuming he deserves a place above Rossi who has actually been spectacular this season is what I didn't agree with.

I also want to find out how he is gaining a citizenship. I can't be fucked with that argument again, I am just curious.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #453
    He has shown he can play well in America. He needs to show he can play well against tough European sides, and if he does then good luck to him. Automatically assuming he deserves a place above Rossi who has actually been spectacular this season is what I didn't agree with.

I also want to find out how he is gaining a citizenship. I can't be fucked with that argument again, I am just curious.
    Altidore can play well against European sides. He's very much like Rossi.

I think Altidore going to the Azzurri would be a good fit; who cares if he's not "Italian." I'd love him to stay and play for us but that's not gonna happen. He's in Italy right now I think, potentially signing for Napoli or some place over the summer.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #460
    Found another article guys...

Altidore: I've Been Doping For Years
    US Football
    5/11/08

New York Red Bulls striker Josmer Altidore has sensationally claimed that he has been taking performance enhancing substances since he was nine years old.

The American starlet claimed in a recent press conference at FIGC headquarters that he has been injecting himself with pizza sauce for a number of years in an attempt to become an Italian. The forward is set to sign for the Italian National Team after Donadon admitted he wanted to call up the player for the European championships. Altidore obliged.

"I have been shooting myself up with pizza sauce to become an Italian," Jozy proclaimed. "I mean fuck, if Camoranesi and Amauri can be Italian, then so can I. I will have the upperhand, however, with pizza sauce running through my blood, the true Italian blood."

Azzurri fans are against the call up of Amauri for various reasons. In particular, on an Italian football forum, some fans thought that Rossi was a better call up than Altidore and stated that Donadoni will be fired soon. Some fans even labeled the Azzurri as "idiots."

While the fact remains that Altidore is a great young talent, some Azzurri supporters are still angry with the call up of the young African American, citing that he did not inject himself with enough pizza sauce to be Italian.

AP

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)