Smokin' (1 Viewer)

OP
Ian
Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #63
    ++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++
    Seriously, I've no experienceof pot, beyond having seen it used a couple of times in college. I assume it's illegal in Spain. Do you want it made legal? Or decriminalised, as in the UK now?
    Hell Yes. There are few things that I would like more than to have marijuana legalised world-wide. Right now, I'm fairly happy with the situation in the UK and I can get over to the Netherlands when I need to, but ot have marijuana be truly legal everywhere would be awesome.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
    Never tried smoking and never met anyone more opposed to it and appaled by it than myself. People always argue for it with health issues. BS. Health is vital but people are not more concerned about their own health than they are with not driving their cars too rough to maximize the lifetime. The reason I'm appaled by smoking is that I hate it, not because of the health issues, but because I hate the stench and I hate the effect it has on me. If I sit in a room where there's smoking for an hour, I get a headache and my eyes start to water. It sucks. People can ruin their own lives all they want but do it on your own. I don't park my car inside a restaurant and keep the engine running for my pleasure so get the hell out with your addiction.

I also think that people who start smoking, drinking, doing drugs, whatever it is really, because of peer pressure are just weak individuals. Unless you're in some kind of gang and you are literally forced to do things that are bad for you, doing them just to impress people is quite... how shall I put it... evidence of an immature mind at work. If you do it through your own conviction then you and I disagree but at least you made the decision on your own and some credit is due.

And yes I was diagnosed with asthma as a child although all my symptoms haven't been acting up for 10 years and according to popular belief it faded with age.

Noone in my family smokes, some have quit, most never started. Not my immediate family, not my extended family. For that fact I'm very grateful.

:salute:

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++
    Really? Why?
    A number of years ago, the group of people addicted to marihuana had risen to an enormous size.

Many of these people were sent to rehabilitation centra, to be payed for by the government. But a certain group was too old, or at least, they had reached a certain age where it would be too risky to put them through rehab as their bodies might not be able to take it.

For these people, new homes were built. Like old-folks homes, only then, instead of (or with) medication, marihuana was supplied.

Now, that may seem like a good solution but when you think it could all have been avoided had marihuana never been legalised in the first place ... well ... it makes me feel a little nautious.

A patch for a gunshot wound imo.

OP
    Ian
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #69
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
    A number of years ago, the group of people addicted to marihuana had risen to an enormous size.

Many of these people were sent to rehabilitation centra, to be payed for by the government. But a certain group was too old, or at least, they had reached a certain age where it would be too risky to put them through rehab as their bodies might not be able to take it.

For these people, new homes were built. Like old-folks homes, only then, instead of (or with) medication, marihuana was supplied.

Now, that may seem like a good solution but when you think it could all have been avoided had marihuana never been legalised in the first place ... well ... it makes me feel a little nautious.

A patch for a gunshot wound imo.
    Well, if that's the reason then I think you're issue is more with the rehabilitation efforts than with the lack of restriction on marijuana. First of all, marijuana is not physically addictive, so I fail to see how anyone would be adversely affected by quitting. Second, our government is a bit strange sometimes, if it were up to me, I do away with the rehabilitation programs. If people can't control their marijuana use then they should have to pay to be rehabilitated, though I think that it's terribly weak of them to need such things. I remember, I used to smoke like a chimney in highschool, and then I quit when I went into the army, it's not really that hard.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    I never smoked a ciggarette/cigar and never will. The only thing i've smoked is Arabic light flavoured tobacco "Shisha." As anyone who knows it, they know it doesn't even count. I didn't smoke it regularly because i knew some of the tobacco must go threw the water. I also quit because it's worst side affect is that it shortens your breath which made me non last all the 90 minutes during football games :D (football comes first :cool: )

Anyway, back to real stuff. I made a vow/bet to someone years ago that I'll never smoke cigarettes/cigars, drink alcohol, or do any drugs. It's been 6 years and I'm still clean.

That's not to say that this is my main reason for not smoking.

I dont believe that we have the right to f*ck up our own bodies. no matter how little the effect is, it's still not worth it. Its many damages outweigh its few advantages.

Miss Dubai said it and i'll repeat it:
    1. It's a waste of money
    2. it's a disguesting habit and smoking is rude to other non-smokers. Just as i wont buy a cologne that smells like shit (even if i do like it, most won't) because it'll bother others.
    3. It's bad for the health and higene. (sp?)

For the many who have tried out of peer pressure, no offense, but i also agree with Martin that it was due to a weak personality.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Well, if that's the reason then I think you're issue is more with the rehabilitation efforts than with the lack of restriction on marijuana. First of all, marijuana is not physically addictive, so I fail to see how anyone would be adversely affected by quitting.
    Don't ask me. That's just what the newspaper articles said.

Second, our government is a bit strange sometimes, if it were up to me, I do away with the rehabilitation programs.
    I second that entire sentence.

If people can't control their marijuana use then they should have to pay to be rehabilitated, though I think that it's terribly weak of them to need such things.
    Well to some extend. There's something to be said for what the minister back then argued: "The government started this experiment in all consciousness, it should now be there for the victims of it." (or something similar, don't remember what words she used exactly)

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
    They do. Or rather, WE do.
    well there we go. marijuana and alcohol are similar in that respect. its possible to become addicted to both, but not imminent. what should be done to alcohol should be done to weed

OP
    Ian
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #75
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
    I never smoked a ciggarette/cigar and never will. The only thing i've smoked is Arabic light flavoured tobacco "Shisha." As anyone who knows it, they know it doesn't even count. I didn't smoke it regularly because i knew some of the tobacco must go threw the water. I also quit because it's worst side affect is that it shortens your breath which made me non last all the 90 minutes during football games :D (football comes first :cool: )

Anyway, back to real stuff. I made a vow/bet to someone years ago that I'll never smoke cigarettes/cigars, drink alcohol, or do any drugs. It's been 6 years and I'm still clean.

That's not to say that this is my main reason for not smoking.

I dont believe that we have the right to f*ck up our own bodies. no matter how little the effect is, it's still not worth it. Its many damages outweigh its few advantages.

Miss Dubai said it and i'll repeat it:
    1. It's a waste of money
    2. it's a disguesting habit and smoking is rude to other non-smokers. Just as i wont buy a cologne that smells like shit (even if i do like it, most won't) because it'll bother others.
    3. It's bad for the health and higene. (sp?)

For the many who have tried out of peer pressure, no offense, but i also agree with Martin that it was due to a weak personality.
    I think that you're a brave man to go straight edge like that, it's not an easy thing to do in most societies today. But, you don't have to attack smokers. I mean, it may be a waste of money to you, but to me, it's something that I like to do, so it's not a waste. Just as to some people it might be a waste of money to go to a football game, to us it is valuable. And if you are a consiensious smoker, then it doesn't really bother people too much. I mean, I don't smell like smoke or taste like it either. I have breath mints and cologne, it works fine. And there are a lot of things that are bad for your health, like talking on a cell phone, or eating at McDonald's. I smoke a lot, but I never eat at McDonald's so I'm hoping that it balances out...

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++

I also think that people who start smoking, drinking, doing drugs, whatever it is really, because of peer pressure are just weak individuals.

Completely agree.

OP
    Ian
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #78
    ++ [ originally posted by Josh ] ++
    how often do you smoke ian?
    Well, right now, I'm smoking several times daily, but sometimes I don't smoke at all. I probably average about an eighth per day.

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003

Well, right now, I'm smoking several times daily, but sometimes I don't smoke at all. I probably average about an eighth per day.
    i smike whenever i have money for cigaretts :LOL:

but when i actually have,
    2-3 perd day....

but when i am going out...i can smoke even 10...
    in a club,all of 20

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    London? When'd you move home Ian?

One cigarette in eight days? That's effectively none. Keep it up! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)