Smokin' (1 Viewer)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++
Ive heard smoking decreases hunger, thats why models smoke so much. And also it makes you go do number 2 so you can lose fat that way too
in that case, the last thing i need to do is smoke!!

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Ive heard smoking decreases hunger, thats why models smoke so much.
That's a stupid idea. It's pretty obvious when people smoke, they get uglier. No offence to anyone who smokes of course. My year 10 maths teacher was about 28, and she could have been quite pretty, but she smoked a pack a day and it made her look 40.

K10

Jul 12, 2002
I quit. I don't smoke cigarettes again. I used to take an occassional cigarette but never over did it.

However, when I am out partying I like to smoke. Not to "fit in", but it relaxes me and I somehow have a better time. For instance, the party's I went to in December, I smoked like a pack a nite. That was ridiculous.

I quit like a week now. I will only smoke ganga or cigars but not regularly. I love the taste of cigars and the soft effect it has on you. I like weed, though it's illegal here, but I won't over do it. Weed is available in abundance and cheaply too.

Vicky

Jan 9, 2004
ok here is my story

crack : NEVER NEVER NEVER

weed: i have quite a few times, enjoyed it only once at the Jurassic 5 show ..... but i get really paranoyed most of the times .... and i get cold, shart shaking and a whole bunch of other sideeffects . so i don't do that shit

cigarettes:
they used to make me really sick for the longest period of time
and i gave myself a promise that i'll get over it b/c everyone i know (!!!!!!) is a smoker
so right now i'm over it and smoke a cigarette or two a day. i will probably smoke more once i trun 18. and i will probably get addicted too like the rest of my family and friends .... don't mind, don't care. i'm a second hand smoker already might aswell enjoy it.
it will aslo be a lesson to my boyfriend who keeps on talking about how he's gonna quit smoking ( i'm not even asking him or begging him or anything, he just comes up with it on it's know) so yeah he says he's gonna quit smoking and there is no confidence in his voice when he says it WHATSOEVER so every time he says that i go " well you better quit before i start" and he smokes more and more with every day....

..... don't have to call me stupid i know i am

Sep 28, 2002
Ive heard smoking decreases hunger, thats why models smoke so much. And also it makes you go do number 2 so you can lose fat that way too
i have to disagree with that. when i started smoking i gained about 40-45 pounds.

i tried smoking when i was a kid. dont remember if i liked it or not. then i was smoking when i was ~15. but my mother caught me once, she was really pissed of with that cause that was a hard period in her life and somehow that affected me and i quit. then i didnt smoke at all till i was 18. after i graduated, that summer i was clubbing quite a lot with my friends and they convinced me to try. i smoked occasionaly when i was drunk but nothing serious. then i stopped clubbing and went to a university. we went camping for a week or so with lotsa alcohol and stuff and there it started. after that i had a smoking room mate, so it was kinda hard not to smoke again. so i never looked back. it's ~2,5 years now. and i'm not trying to quit, i tried before but i found the cigarettes i like and i dont want to quit right now. why, smoking kills, so does eating fat and bush's politics.
i smoke about half a pack a day. when i'm out drinking it's about 2 packs per night. i dont smoke pipe, cigars or anything, only cigarettes, barclay. i only saw then in lithuania which is rather strange, cause they're not lithuanian, threy are made by british american tobacco.
and i am really against marijuana. i havent tried but that's my principle: i wont smoke weed. not because i am affraid, not because it's unhealthy. i just dont smoke it. but come o think of it, once my pripciple was not to smoke at all. and that's what happened...

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++

Really? Have you ever tried anything? If not, why? If so, why did you stop?
No, I havent actually. I cant stand the smell of cigarettes and I dont want to smoke weed. I dont want anything that will make me feel like myself.

kurvengeflüster

********* a.D.
Jan 24, 2004
non-smoker here...I had tried a cigar years ago but it didn't taste well :yuck: I've never smoked cigarettes, weed or stuff like that. Occasionally, I drink some beers with friends (at a party, watching soccer ...). that's it :)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Never tried smoking and never met anyone more opposed to it and appaled by it than myself. People always argue for it with health issues. BS. Health is vital but people are not more concerned about their own health than they are with not driving their cars too rough to maximize the lifetime. The reason I'm appaled by smoking is that I hate it, not because of the health issues, but because I hate the stench and I hate the effect it has on me. If I sit in a room where there's smoking for an hour, I get a headache and my eyes start to water. It sucks. People can ruin their own lives all they want but do it on your own. I don't park my car inside a restaurant and keep the engine running for my pleasure so get the hell out with your addiction.

I also think that people who start smoking, drinking, doing drugs, whatever it is really, because of peer pressure are just weak individuals. Unless you're in some kind of gang and you are literally forced to do things that are bad for you, doing them just to impress people is quite... how shall I put it... evidence of an immature mind at work. If you do it through your own conviction then you and I disagree but at least you made the decision on your own and some credit is due.

And yes I was diagnosed with asthma as a child although all my symptoms haven't been acting up for 10 years and according to popular belief it faded with age.

Noone in my family smokes, some have quit, most never started. Not my immediate family, not my extended family. For that fact I'm very grateful.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
I'm a non-smoker, and I've never tried it. The way I see it, it's easier not to start than it is to give up. Nicotine is proven to be as addictive (or more so) than heroin - no way am I trying that! The health issue is an important one too, and the simple fact is that smoking is very unhealthy. Argue for it as an anti-obesity drug if you like, but there are other ways to keep your weight down. Jogging, or eating sensibly, for example, neither of which cause cancer or lung disease.

Passive smoking isn't proven to be particularly harmful. It does increase rates of lung disease in non-smokers, but from a near-zero level to a level just barely above that. At the same time, it's horrible to those who have to endure the smell and the irritation. It took me years to be able to cope with a smoker at the other side of a chess-board, or the atmosphere in a pub.

Fortunately, it's becomming illegal to smoke in a place of work (including pubs and resteraunts) in Ireland next month, and I welcome that with open arms. Banning smoking totally won't work, but making it totally unacceptable in company will.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++

Fortunately, it's becomming illegal to smoke in a place of work (including pubs and resteraunts) in Ireland next month, and I welcome that with open arms. Banning smoking totally won't work, but making it totally unacceptable in company will.
That's excellent. I don't know how long it'll take for it to extend to pubs, but i really appreciate it when there's a non-smoker's section in restaurants, or when they ban it altogether. I can't stand it when someone's smoking next to me, and the wind's blowing in my direction :yuck:

I've also said this countless times, but smoking is the most unattractive thing a girl could possibly do.

As Forrest Gump so perfectly put it: "She taayst lak cigarayts"

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
I tried to smoking last week (with my brother, watching Roma thrased Parma) it's my first time smoking, i didn't cough, the taste was lil' bit wierd, but i feel relax...dunno why. But I don't wanna be a smoker, just wanna know what it taste.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++
I've also said this countless times, but smoking is the most unattractive thing a girl could possibly do.
Sometimes I think it can't be said too often.

Asma

Doctor Asma
Oct 21, 2003
never smoked and wont smoke..

because:
1-bad breath..yuck.
2-wastage of money.
3-damages the lungs and brain.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Tried smoking in my younger days but just couldn't figure out why I did it. So now I don't smoke & have trouble with people smoking near me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)