Smokin' (2 Viewers)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Oh my bad.. well you know in our ministry of health, there was this dude who had been preaching anti-smoking measures a lot lately when they discovered the building where they are located have a special room for smokers, where he was a frequent visitor

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
...in our ministry of health, there was this dude who had been preaching anti-smoking measures a lot lately when they discovered the building where they are located have a special room for smokers, where he was a frequent visitor
You have to give the guy some credit for being willing to make his own life a bit more inconvenient. Unless he was doing it for political gain, in which case, just vote the little sod out.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
Yeah I appreciate his effort, course he was still ridiculed for it.
:down: People can be pretty dumb at times. If he'd tried to make said room exempt from some anti-smoking legislation, then he'd deserve everything he got, but, ah, I give up on the masses.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
We all do, John. I remember there was a study in norway that concluded smokers do less work that non-smokers cause of the breaks they take. The smokers said it was because they are made to step outside and if they could smoke in the office it could be evened out :wallbang:

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Josh ] ++
from what i know they generally tend to be around their own people- its rather serious in england i heard where many people cant even speak english. :eek:
And England is one of the better nations when it comes to that. In Holland for example, immigrants don't see the point of learning the language because it's not a major (global) language.

++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++
You have to remember that Erik comes from a very liberal society, and to him, this is an infringement on personal freedom - something that means a lot to the Dutch.
Hmm ... I'm not sure I like being analysed :D

Erik will tell you that it's their right. I'll tell you it's my right not to have to pay for their medical care.
Where do you think the HUGE amount of tax money on cigarettes go to? That's enough to cover the health issues resulting from smoking and build a second Chunnel ffs.

OP
Ian
Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #429
    You might be confusing it with cigar smoke - that's nasty stuff, possibly as bad or worse for the passive smoker than the owner, since he doesn't inhale directly.
    Actually, the cigar smoker in hales much of the smoke, even if he smokes the cigar properly, only binging the smoke into his mouth. Upon exhaling, the smoke billows about the person and the next breath is full of smoke. It's a lot less dangerous to your health than cigarette smoke inhaled the same way, but only because there are less additives and toxins in cigar smoke.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    That's what I was thinking too, since cigar smokers need only "bum-puff" to get the same effect as cigarette smokers do when they fully inhale

Len

Feb 13, 2004
    In indonesia, theres smoking adverts everywhere
    As a matter of fact, when you get off the plane, you'll see a big Marlboro sign, instead of "Welcome to Jakarta", or something.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)