Smokin' (2 Viewers)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
I smoked Marlboro (only occasionally, when going out etc.) and Marihuana. I now quit both.

I discovered that people who smoke taste like an ashtray when kissed so I figured I should best just drop the whole thing :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++
Yeah those freak me out :eek:

Josh,

smoking -> hard to breathe -> hard to exercise -> obesity

:p

I'm not saying that smoking makes you fat, but it can lead to it ;)
your right. But only if you smoke excessively

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
Well you have found other effective ways of looking cool/relieving stress/enjoying yourself.

People should be given other opportunities to accomplish the aforementioned to stop smoking

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Josh ] ++
Well you have found other effective ways of looking cool/relieving stress/enjoying yourself.

People should be given other opportunities to accomplish the aforementioned to stop smoking
Thats rubbish - if you can't look cool without smoking, you won't stop? I can't believe anyone would think like that.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
mikhail its not an issue here in the US. people dont smoke to look cool over here. as far as i know its a problem in continental europe however.

to understand it requires an understanding of the way "cool" works as well. :D

i think for people to stop smoking it should be used less in popular culture- tv series, ads, etc because if people are told straight up "smoking is bad for you" they will smoke just to "rebel against authority". the message has to be subliminal

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I haven't found a way of looking cool because that's one of the most pointless long-term pursuits a human can embark upon, and i fail to see how smokers can "enjoy themselves". We're not in the 1600s dude, there's plenty of ways to enjoy yourself and relieve stress.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
I hate seeing small people (13, 14 years) smoking, they look so cheesy. I always told that to my friends, but they still smoked and now they regret smoking in public places being so young.

Sometimes some men look sexy smoking, but if they smoke too much they'll just look cheesy

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++
I'm a non-smoker, and I've never tried it. The way I see it, it's easier not to start than it is to give up. Nicotine is proven to be as addictive (or more so) than heroin - no way am I trying that! The health issue is an important one too, and the simple fact is that smoking is very unhealthy. Argue for it as an anti-obesity drug if you like, but there are other ways to keep your weight down. Jogging, or eating sensibly, for example, neither of which cause cancer or lung disease.
but amounts consumed are different. if you smoke a pack you wont become an addict just yet, but one dose of heroin may prove too heavy to bear.

Fortunately, it's becomming illegal to smoke in a place of work (including pubs and resteraunts) in Ireland next month, and I welcome that with open arms. Banning smoking totally won't work, but making it totally unacceptable in company will.
as for a smoker, that is very annoying, but i have to say this should be done all over the world.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
welll i started more or less 3 years ago..... but im not a frequent smoker.

I smoke just sometimes when im in reunions.... discos or things like that. I dont like to smoke in places where pèople can get annoyed by me.

I just smoke when im in the mood to.

Emma

Mar 4, 2004
New York has already done it, and I think Ireland's the second. England are watching how we do closely, since our cultures are similar - if it works here, expect to see it implimented in the UK soon afterwards.
Liverpool are supposed to be doing it soon.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
New York has already done it, and I think Ireland's the second. England are watching how we do closely, since our cultures are similar - if it works here, expect to see it implimented in the UK soon afterwards.
Holland did it, then reversed it again. All part of the tolerance thing I presume :D

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++
But, I want ot shift the conversation to marijuana a little bit. Erik, you said that you used to smoke. How was your smoking expereince? What did you smoke with? How much did you smoke? Why did you quit?
I smoked Marlboro cigarettes but really only when I went out (or when I was really stressed). It seemed to have a calming effect on me or maybe it's because I have trouble sitting still without doing anything and a cigarette is then a good excuse to take a seat in the sunshine and just relax.

Marihuana ... well, I tried it because I can basically. It's relaxing but it also has a fogging effect, if you will. I hate how it was virtually impossible to be on-guard once under the influences of Marihuana so I quit.

Cigarettes I quit because of nasty side-effects. Coughing etc.

Sep 28, 2002

Does the amount really matter? Shoudl heroin be legal in small quantities?
thats not why i ment. heroin is heavier and affects your brain more. whatever. both are bad.

i'm not sure, but i think most of us' states have done it. well florida and ny fo sure but i've only been to those two so :undecide:

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Seriously, I've no experienceof pot, beyond having seen it used a couple of times in college. I assume it's illegal in Spain. Do you want it made legal? Or decriminalised, as in the UK now?

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Vilhelmas ] ++
thats not why i ment. heroin is heavier and affects your brain more. whatever. both are bad.
:thumb: Grand so.

i'm not sure, but i think most of us' states have done it. well florida and ny fo sure but i've only been to those two so :undecide:
Ah. I wasn't aware of that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)