Smokin' (12 Viewers)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
Graham - petrol is more expensive than cigarettes.

Well, depending on how much you would need I suppose :D Either way - both are butt-expensive in the EU.
Well a pack of cigarettes can last you anywhere from a day to a week, and it might cost about $8 AUD. Petrol on the other hand is sold by the litre (or whatever stupid unit the rest of the world uses) for about $0.84 AUD, which is a fair bit of petrol to have considering you probably only need to put a piece of hose over a small cup to get the desired effect

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Pendir ] ++

Words like "gas", "trunk", "hood" are all different in Europe :)
Are you talking about petrol, and the boot and bonnet of a car? Talk some sense, mon!

:D

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++
Well a pack of cigarettes can last you anywhere from a day to a week, and it might cost about $8 AUD. Petrol on the other hand is sold by the litre (or whatever stupid unit the rest of the world uses) for about $0.84 AUD, which is a fair bit of petrol to have considering you probably only need to put a piece of hose over a small cup to get the desired effect
Perhaps. That is a ridiculously low price btw.

One packet of cigarettes costs €3.90
One liter of petrol costs €1.24

Environment taxes :groan:

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Josh ] ++
FULE IS SO CHEPE IN YOUROPE?????????????
Per litre, Josh. Yankee fuel is per gallon - it works out at roughly half as expensive as here in Ireland. And ye still moan about it.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
Thats why we are the world's fifth oil producer. Its the only thing cheap here

A litre: 90Bs
One Dollar: 1950Bs

90/1950: 0.046

(my mistake I put one more zero)

With Bs. 5,000 you usually can fill up completely most cars

gray

Apr 22, 2003
fabi, i'm utterly gobsmacked at that. You pay as much per litre of fuel as i get discounts. If i spend $30 at a supermarket, I'll be stoked if i get a voucher for 4c off my petrol per litre... that's how much you pay! :eek:

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
Lol, Im always amazed when we go to other countries and we rent a car that we always spend so much in oil, I tell my dad that next time we should bring a little oil barrel with us!

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Yeah you know I was gonna take my car battery, I never dare leaving it at home. But then I saw the big red cross over the icon at the airport and I was forced to turn back. :down:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Why would you not want to leave your car battery at home? Do people steal them?

btw how far do u live from the airport? You turned back and left it at home?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)