Sleeping habits (26 Viewers)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
That's like saying a fat person should be able to run a 5K because you can.

The science behind it is to do with the glare tricking the brain into thinking it is still day time. I've never tried the method but I can imagine it would work for someone like myself who finds it almost impossible to sleep during the day time.
I totally agree. If I can't sleep in the middle of the night I read for a bit but I do it on chair right outside of the bathroom with the door shut just enough that only a little bit of light can come through. When I get drowsy I go back to be, works like a charm.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
For something like this the tips in this thread actually can go a very long way though

If he'd be saying his stomach hurts constantly or a mole looks weird it'd be an entirely different case.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Back in 2009 when I had disturbed sleep, a friend asked to me start running. When I started it helped me a lot and that's when I also got into running. But either way, try going out for a run in the evening, it will do you wonders.
Yeah, I need to get back to running. But it's incredibly hot in the evenings here and I don't find enough time to go running in the mornings. I'll probably start again once the heat dies down a bit.
plenty of things can cause any kind of insomnia: stress, thyroid malfunction, bad blood sugar level, hyperactivity, lack of sports, etc. as someone who had struggled with that in the past, i'd say find a doctor and start running as jack suggested. in my case, the main issue was stress and exhaustion btw.
I had my physical a few months back and there was no red flags. Lack of physical activity is certainly something I need to do away with.
This sounds familiar. I recommend beer...it doesn't really help but at least it makes your evenings more fun. :agree:
Drinking large amount of alcohol and not being able to sleep. Worst. Feeling. Ever.
I had a similar issue until about a year ago that I would medicate with things like Benedryl and Tylenol PM. Then I started to exercise and started to wind down my day before I was getting tired. So if you know you can fall asleep at 11pm, then start winding down around 9pm or 10pm. Take a shower, do some stretching, drink a cup of sleepy tea, and turn off the electronics.

Also if you watch TV or surf the net before for bed, do that in your living room, not in the bed room. Because then your body will know that your bed is a place to relax and become tired. If you do things in your bed that make your eyes maintain attention, your body will think your bed is a workspace. If reading relaxes you then do it, but not on your phone or a backlit device. Since you are still struggling to sleep I would recommend starting your wind down a couple of hours before you want to be asleep. As your body becomes more accustomed to this change you can shorten your wind down time. Currently I shower, watch a netflix show, drink tea and then start my non-electronics wind down about 30 minutes before I want to be asleep.
Basically what people already said, plus try not to use computer/phone/tv too close to when you are trying to sleep.

Stress randomly keeps me awake, but it's not a consistent thing.
I need to figure out how to keep electronics away from the bedroom. Works well for a couple of days and before I know it, it's back in the bedroom. Maybe I should invest in an old fashioned alarm clock. Every time I set an alarm, I'm back to check Tuz 'for a few seconds' :D
Good ol wank before sleep normally does the trick.
Works once in a while :p
Could be pretty expensive depending on where he lives.
Incredibly cheap. One of the perks of living in a third world country, especially one with shit tons of dokters

For something like this the tips in this thread actually can go a very long way though

If he'd be saying his stomach hurts constantly or a mole looks weird it'd be an entirely different case.
:agree:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)