Sleeping habits (1 Viewer)

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
I am always tired when i wake up, i need at least 30 mins to come to the terms that i have to wake up but once i get up its not a problem.

Talking about dreams i must admit i am the master :p usually because of all the drug history.

It started when i was young though, went through the terrible phase of sleep paralysis. I was 8-9 at that time and it was horrible feeling, not being able to move and you feel like you are yelling but there is sound. Feeling like someone is lifting you and being able to look at the whole room from the ceiling. Most of them were dreams though, it was not like i was awake an unable to move but they felt terribly real at that time. They used to be very rare though, like once in 8 months or so but after a few years they disappeared.

I am great at lucid dreaming as well as dream chasing :D I have this problem with shit or horror dreams that if i wake up from deep deep sleep while having the dream and if i fall asleep again within seconds i just get back into the dream. So it the dream is terrible i just stay awake for 10-15 seconds just to break the link.
Dream chasing is easy. When you wake up you just have to relax and lie to yourself that you are not out of the dream and while you fall back asleep keep thinking about the dream and your thoughts eventually turn into the dream. One thing that pisses me off is like E, my dream chasing often end in the wrong location and then i have to figure out a way to get to my original spot again.

Lucid dreaming is a lot more fun though, once you realise its a dream then the carnage you can cause is awesome :D i have been having a different problem last couple of years though, if i try to overdo it in the dream i just wake up! so i have to pace myself :p

OP
Ford Prefect

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
  • Thread Starter #105
    WΏΏdy;3562283 said:
    I am always tired when i wake up, i need at least 30 mins to come to the terms that i have to wake up but once i get up its not a problem.
    Hear that bro, if i don't get a decent coffee in me while im coming to terms with the fact I am awake the day is a write off.

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
    I can never have a morning song that i love. Back in the uni days i used to keep my laptop far away from my bed and connect it to the speakers with Bon Jovi's Its my life as an alarm. Not that i was a fan but I hate that song now!

OP
    Ford Prefect

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
  • Thread Starter #108
    WΏΏdy;3562440 said:
    I can never have a morning song that i love. Back in the uni days i used to keep my laptop far away from my bed and connect it to the speakers with Bon Jovi's Its my life as an alarm. Not that i was a fan but I hate that song now!
    Its not an alarm, its a 'I hate being awake, need something to rationalize this' song :D. Its usually me staring at the wall in my kitchen waiting for the coffee to be made that I have it on.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
    My sleeping pattern is a mess i cant get to sleep before 12 i normally stay awake untill about 3am and i cant get out of bed before 12am. Its been liked this for years and ive tried many things and still cant get out of it.

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
    I have the same routine almost everyday, stay in bed rolling like a beaver as long as possible. Get up turn the water heater on and slump back into bed, then i have a cig before i brush my teeth and delay getting up a bit more :D

Since i leave late it is usually followed by another rash ride to word where my road rage usually leads to at least an argument a day. I have to replace one of my bike's indicators at least once a month coz im usually the jerk who drives into the tiniest of the spaces to get through.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
    WΏΏdy;3562283 said:
    It started when i was young though, went through the terrible phase of sleep paralysis. I was 8-9 at that time and it was horrible feeling, not being able to move and you feel like you are yelling but there is sound. Feeling like someone is lifting you and being able to look at the whole room from the ceiling. Most of them were dreams though, it was not like i was awake an unable to move but they felt terribly real at that time. They used to be very rare though, like once in 8 months or so but after a few years they disappeared.
    I have this aswell it can be quite scary.

OP
    Ford Prefect

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
  • Thread Starter #112
    My sleeping pattern is a mess i cant get to sleep before 12 i normally stay awake untill about 3am and i cant get out of bed before 12am. Its been liked this for years and ive tried many things and still cant get out of it.

All nighters normally fix me up, but as soon as I don't need to be up before 9 i fall back into an awful sleeping pattern.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
    All nighters normally fix me up, but as soon as I don't need to be up before 9 i fall back into an awful sleeping pattern.
    Yea i do the same ive partied before and been up for like 2 days then slept at at like 9pm or 10pm and been up at a good time the next morning but it only takes a day or two for me to go back to my old routine. Ive been like that since i was about 11 and dont know if it will ever change even when im working i be so tired during the day because i went to bed so late and had to get up early i used to go to school when only having slept for about 4 hoours.

OP
    Ford Prefect

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
  • Thread Starter #116
    'Shortly after I extinguished ray final cigarette, I was relieved that the congestion and the coughing
    disappeared, and I haven't had an asthma or bronchitis attack since. However something truly
    marvelous and unexpected also happened. I started waking at seven o'clock in the morning feeling
    completely rested and full of energy, actually wanting to exercise, jog and swim. At forty-eight I
    couldn't run a step or swim a stroke. My sporting activities were confined to such dynamic pursuits
    as green bowling, affectionately referred to as the old man's game, and golf, for which I had to use a
    motorized buggy. At the age of sixty- four I jog two to three miles daily, exercise for half an hour and
    swim twenty lengths. It's great to have energy, and when you feel physically and mentally strong, it
    feels great to be alive.'

maybe things will change for me now :weee:

Lilith

Immortelle
    May 19, 2006
    WΏΏdy;3562283 said:

I hate sleep paralysis. It happens to me all the time. In fact it happened when I took a nap earlier today.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
    Aug 22, 2007
    'Shortly after I extinguished ray final cigarette, I was relieved that the congestion and the coughing
    disappeared, and I haven't had an asthma or bronchitis attack since. However something truly
    marvelous and unexpected also happened. I started waking at seven o'clock in the morning feeling
    completely rested and full of energy, actually wanting to exercise, jog and swim. At forty-eight I
    couldn't run a step or swim a stroke. My sporting activities were confined to such dynamic pursuits
    as green bowling, affectionately referred to as the old man's game, and golf, for which I had to use a
    motorized buggy. At the age of sixty- four I jog two to three miles daily, exercise for half an hour and
    swim twenty lengths. It's great to have energy, and when you feel physically and mentally strong, it
    feels great to be alive.'

maybe things will change for me now :weee:
    The Smoking Habits thread is thatta way ---->

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)