Sleeping habits (31 Viewers)

OP
Ford Prefect

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
  • Thread Starter #63
    It's a bitch alright. I usually feel the presence of demons and shit too. :D Like physically feel heavy pressure on my chest and really loud screaming in my ears, among other things.
    When I was in beijing a guy in my hostel dorm had night terrors - apparently a reaction to sleep paralysis - every night he started screaming, we had to stay out drinking until like 5 am to avoid it.

OP
    Ford Prefect

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
  • Thread Starter #65
    He would sleep for 12 hours and then think about the dreams and get high and do it for a few days and then get in contact again, he'd tell us about it sometimes, he dreamed some funny shit. "I dreamt on saturday that I had all of the pretiest women in the world and I chose the order i slept with them in, when i woke up on sunday i watched LOTR and got pissed off with Jacksons direction so on sunday I was the producer and fired him and took over the direction myself and made the films properly" :rofl:

Apr 15, 2006
    He would sleep for 12 hours and then think about the dreams and get high and do it for a few days and then get in contact again, he'd tell us about it sometimes, he dreamed some funny shit. "I dreamt on saturday that I had all of the pretiest women in the world and I chose the order i slept with them in, when i woke up on sunday i watched LOTR and got pissed off with Jacksons direction so on sunday I was the producer and fired him and took over the direction myself and made the films properly" :rofl:
    WTF! :lol:

Noodle

★ ★ ★
    Jul 29, 2007
    When I was in beijing a guy in my hostel dorm had night terrors - apparently a reaction to sleep paralysis - every night he started screaming, we had to stay out drinking until like 5 am to avoid it.
    I don't believe in ghosts or demons, but the first time it happened to me I swear I was so fucking terrified. :D The worst part was not being able to move or even make a noise, no matter how hard I tried.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
    Aug 22, 2007
    It's common to feel the presence of abstract, demon-like things when you suffer from sleep paralysis. The worst part is that you physically feel it and you can't move or scream for shit.
    Demon being your interpretation of the feeling?

If I'm right that what happened to me once was sleep paralysis, I wasn't panicked or anything. I was just laying there trying to figure out what the hell was going on - was I awake or asleep? And I think I gradually "awoke".

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
    Sep 3, 2010
    It's a bitch alright. I usually feel the presence of demons and shit too. :D Like physically feel heavy pressure on my chest and really loud screaming in my ears, among other things.
    Being that you are desi, didn't your parent think someone spelled magic on you?

Noodle

★ ★ ★
    Jul 29, 2007
    Wow. :lol:

OP
    Ford Prefect

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
  • Thread Starter #71
    I don't believe in ghosts or demons, but the first time it happened to me I swear I was so fucking terrified. :D The worst part was not being able to move or even make a noise, no matter how hard I tried.
    Aye, that was the worst part of it...I still remember the room in my hostel in DC spent hours staring at the door/ceiling not being able to move or do anything and not sure if i was awake of asleep. waking up in the morning is even weirder, after the the fourth day i clocked onto what was going on, couldn't stop it but instead of setting my ipod to sleep i left it on shuffle all night so when it happened i had something to listen to, i don't know if it worked.

OP
    Ford Prefect

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
  • Thread Starter #74
    Chris was an, to put it politely, interesting character. When we met him in our first year he was cool and he slowly went mad from there. I have no idea what he's up to now, last thing he told me was -'when I finish my degree im leaving the EU and changing my name, it was nice to know you'. He listened to rad music though.

OP
    Ford Prefect

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
  • Thread Starter #76
    I think this thread is missing AC.

I wonder how the Knight Templars could assist :shifty:

---------- Post added 10.03.2012 at 23:41 ----------

I believe in ghosts. If I ever get sleep paralysis I'll shit my bed :shifty:
    If it happens once I doubt you will remember, It took me four days to realise what was going on and remember the awful nights before...but theres nothing you can do when it does happen, just chill and forget we mentioned it.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    I can never get them to be that concise. Mostly I'm in charge of the things I do, but the location changes constantly. Usually pisses me off.

---------- Post added 10.03.2012 at 21:44 ----------

But it's all whatever now. I'm used to waking up to demons sitting on my chest and screaming loudly in my ears.
    Just be thankful they don't shit on your chest and jack in your face.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    Got any tips for me? I really wanna try it.
    Focus on something singular as you're getting ready for bed. You need to be relaxed, I usually drink some really strong tea that makes me sleepy. Then hope for the best. The hardest part is recognizing you're in a dream.

Noodle

★ ★ ★
    Jul 29, 2007
    Demon being your interpretation of the feeling?

If I'm right that what happened to me once was sleep paralysis, I wasn't panicked or anything. I was just laying there trying to figure out what the hell was going on - was I awake or asleep? And I think I gradually "awoke".
    Sleep paralysis is basically when your brain wakes up in the middle of the night, but you're body is still asleep. So you can't move or make a noise. You probably had that, but without the terrors.

And I can't really explain the demon thing. It's just an evil presence which you can see (the shape of it is usually really abstract, so it's hard to say what it looks like) and feel (usually heavy pressure on the chest and loud screaming). A couple of times I've had the sensation of floating towards the ceiling and out through the door. Like actually looking down on my empty bed while someone is pulling me out of my room, mid-air.

Being that you are desi, didn't your parent think someone spelled magic on you?
    :lol2: Nah, I was so freaked out I only told my cousin's husband later that day. We just tried to figure out wtf happened. :D

Aye, that was the worst part of it...I still remember the room in my hostel in DC spent hours staring at the door/ceiling not being able to move or do anything and not sure if i was awake of asleep. waking up in the morning is even weirder, after the the fourth day i clocked onto what was going on, couldn't stop it but instead of setting my ipod to sleep i left it on shuffle all night so when it happened i had something to listen to, i don't know if it worked.
    That's genius! :lol:

I believe in ghosts. If I ever get sleep paralysis I'll shit my bed :shifty:
    You better pray this shit never happens to you then. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)