show your support to members who are unwell (2 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Best wishes, Angela. That really sucks. I can't say I know what you've been going through, but I have some idea. I hope you have all the strength to accept the things you can't change and fight for the things you can.

All of us on these forums are going to be affected in some way or other by cancer in our lifetimes, given that odds are that about one out of every two of us will have it at some point. When you're younger, you never think about this unless it directly affects you, your family, or a friend.

Having had a few close family members or friends who had cancer (plus my own type 1 diabetes to an extent), I've come to see these events as reminders for us all to remember what's important in our lives. The strange thing is as tragic as the news can be in some cases (depending on the severity of the illness), they do a lot to help us focus on the big values of life. The appreciation for the life we have can become so much stronger once we've experienced it under threat.

I hope you have a speedy recovery and can benefit from much of the life's wisdom you may encounter on your journey.

Buy on AliExpress.com

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
Best wishes, Angela. That really sucks. I can't say I know what you've been going through, but I have some idea. I hope you have all the strength to accept the things you can't change and fight for the things you can.

All of us on these forums are going to be affected in some way or other by cancer in our lifetimes, given that odds are that about one out of every two of us will have it at some point. When you're younger, you never think about this unless it directly affects you, your family, or a friend.

Having had a few close family members or friends who had cancer (plus my own type 1 diabetes to an extent), I've come to see these events as reminders for us all to remember what's important in our lives. The strange thing is as tragic as the news can be in some cases (depending on the severity of the illness), they do a lot to help us focus on the big values of life. The appreciation for the life we have can become so much stronger once we've experienced it under threat.

I hope you have a speedy recovery and can benefit from much of the life's wisdom you may encounter on your journey.
Great post ! :tup:

David01

Aug 20, 2006
I apoligise but it all made me kinda sad reading all this and hearing about angela and then I read his post and that made me angry
I felt it was a bit insensitive
but I'm cool now so let's just talk about more trivial stuff like the demise of our beloved Juve

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
Ah! I've not seen this thread for a while. I hope Fiore is ok! It's been ages since we heard from her and Chazz. It would be nice to hear from them again.

:shifty: Maybe we should merge the threads.

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
Angela, glad to know everything went well. Hope that the tests are gonna be fine as well. Health check ups period is indeed 5 years long that's true. Even if they decide to use radio or chemo that's just for prevention.

The thing you need to do right now is to take a rest from everything. You definitely need some.
Where do you live anyway, I forgot to ask you that? :)
Thanks for the update Angela, good to see the operation went well, hope for good news the coming few weeks.
Good to hear you're doing ok Angela, keep it up girl, it's all in the will :)
Glad to hear you're doing alright and the op went well Angela.

I am glad for the great news Angela. All of us are happy and proud of you. Take it easy and keep us posted.
go girl, I'm glad things are looking better now
but don't read too much about Juve, that would depress you
Glad things are better now Angela and the operation went ok. Our prayers are with you, hang in there!
Good to know the operation went well, Angela. Take a good rest now so you can come back strong.
Thanks to everyone for their kind wishes.
@ Giovanotti: - Like, Bozi and Red, I'm from Scotland.
@ Swag: - Sorry to hear about your family and friends having cancer. I was tested for diabetes last March. My blood sugar was 7.3, but when I lost all that blood and was taken to hospital it went up to 18! I am inclined to be anaemic and I think that affects my blood sugar, but it ranges from 4.2 to 11 depending on that and my food intake. I'll need to watch my sugar intake to prevent it becoming full blown type 2 diabetes, especially ATM, as being 'borderline diabetic' I am prone to secondary infections.
@ Jack: - Me! A good rest? Thanks for the kind thought but I'm a bad patient. Whenever I'm ill, I'm impatient to get everything 'back to normal'. I'm planning to skive to the shops later. Hehe! :D

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
threads merged and renamed

glad to hear the op went well Ange,kick that cancer like Montero kicked Inzaghi

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Thanks to everyone for their kind wishes.
@ Giovanotti: - Like, Bozi and Red, I'm from Scotland.
@ Swag: - Sorry to hear about your family and friends having cancer. I was tested for diabetes last March. My blood sugar was 7.3, but when I lost all that blood and was taken to hospital it went up to 18! I am inclined to be anaemic and I think that affects my blood sugar, but it ranges from 4.2 to 11 depending on that and my food intake. I'll need to watch my sugar intake to prevent it becoming full blown type 2 diabetes, especially ATM, as being 'diabetic' I am prone to secondary infections.
@ Jack: - Me! A good rest? Thanks for the kind thought but I'm a bad patient. Whenever I'm ill, I'm impatient to get everything 'back to normal'. I'm planning to skive to the shops later. Hehe! :D
If you control your blood sugar level than you shouldn't have any secondary infections. All those diseases that many relate with diabetes are happening to people that don't care about their health and diabetes IMO. I'm diabetic for 20 yrs and many don't even know, and not to mention that I'm probably more healthy physically stronger than many my friends.

Even though we don't know each other and I always red your nick as "Angelal" and thought you're a man, I sincerelly wish you all the best and hope you will overcome illness!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)