Serie B: Rimini vs Juventus [09/09/2006] (5 Viewers)

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
I read what most here have said, and agree on most points, but let me say that my biggest fear is this defense

Chellini had some terrible clearances (Buffon even yelled at him over one of them), Biri is below average at best, Kovac makes too many mistakes, and Boumsong was a joke

We have a serious problem, and teams like Napoli or Lecce will rip apart this defense if it continues like this

I dont think we were the better team, Rimini played like they wanted to win, and were not inferior to us in the least

Even with a man down, they continued to go forward, and looked pretty confortable doing it. Us on the other hand......

I am not going to panic yet, but we are minus points, and it aint a good feeling !!

I may be getting a bit soft on my analysis, but TBH, I'm just happy I got to watch the torrent of the game- major props to GoldenH for sharing it with the forum !!!:tup:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
yeah, im in panic with all the commentsa on our defence.

Supposedly that needs to be our strongest line if we dont want to lose points, but... :S

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Holdon said:
So what has that got to do with Boumsong's performance?
It has to do with our defence's performance

ericspano said:
Yes, but Chiellini didn't cause the goal against us
But that has nothing to do with his performance:p

Vinman said:
my biggest fear is this defense

Chellini had some terrible clearances (Buffon even yelled at him over one of them), Biri is below average at best, Kovac makes too many mistakes, and Boumsong was a joke

We have a serious problem
Exactly!!

vletrmx

Mar 22, 2006
Secco forgets Rimini 'accident’ Tuesday 12 September, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus sporting director Alessio Secco has archived the shock draw at Rimini on Saturday. “It was just an accident,” he stated.

The Bianconeri were hoping for a quick start as they aim to wipe out their initial 17-point deduction, but were unable to maintain the lead against 10-man Rimini in their Serie B debut.

“The result in Rimini definitely surprised us, but I believe we can consider the episode an accident, this is no drama,” said Secco to network Radio Radio.

“There are all the conditions for us to be optimistic. After all, it was better to immediately face reality and understand the challenge we are called to face,” added the club official.

“As to Mauro Camoranesi’s performance, I don’t really think he was any worse than the rest of the team.

“We chose to keep him in Turin after carefully evaluating the situation. I am sure that he will quickly adapt to the spirit of the entire group and they will all work for the same objective.”

Secco believes that the Bianconeri are a solid team, one who can face the Serie B season with no need for further additions.

“The January transfer window will allow us to make any changes if we think we need to, but I believe that this squad can be competitive in the Second Division,” he noted.

“In any case, I can guarantee that David Trezeguet will stay here – at least for this year.

“I do think that we need to change our attitude though as we didn’t win Saturday’s match only because we didn’t face it in the right way.

“Once we find the right motivation we will be a very difficult opponent for all the other Serie B clubs,” concluded Secco.

Sep 14, 2003
Cronios said:
It has to do with our defence's performance
There was a problem with defence before his arrival, his inclusion into the team hasn't/won't help. Sure, he may be not quite match fit, have a language problem, need to settle in...I just don't think he's very good.

Chiellini was also awful, but is young and looked nervous, as did much of the team to be fair.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Juventus sporting director Alessio Secco has archived the shock draw at Rimini on Saturday. “It was just an accident,” he stated.

:lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)