Serie B: Rimini vs Juventus [09/09/2006] (1 Viewer)

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
The funny thing is that Serie B brought us Juventini even closer together, we finally understood what it means to cheer for a team and love it more than your life. To die for a team that you love. Serie B did us some good things too.

I love you all guys :D (no homo) :D

I am soooo happy !
Very true, other fans of big clubs just dont know what it means to support Juve after having to go through Calciopoli and start from nothing again.

To see our name all over the headlines now becasause we defied all the odds of reaching a CL final is amazing. Thinking about where we were 5 years ago after back to back 7th place finishes as well as Calciopoli really makes it feel so much better.

Buy on AliExpress.com

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Very true, other fans of big clubs just dont know what it means to support Juve after having to go through Calciopoli and start from nothing again.

To see our name all over the headlines now becasause we defied all the odds of reaching a CL final is amazing. Thinking about where we were 5 years ago after back to back 7th place finishes as well as Calciopoli really makes it feel so much better.
The last of our 7th place finishes was 4 years ago, not 5.

memo

Nov 18, 2005
i said during that season
i dont want a gerrard
i want marchisio to become world class and win champions league with him as our df
some members assure that it will never happend...........
it is incredible
buffon as the last old guard member
and claudio as our leader of the new generation
we are gonna win that final, we will see the greatest grinta ever!

- - - Updated - - -

btw? matri was a rimini player back then right?

hojo_samurai

May 13, 2015
i said during that season
i dont want a gerrard
i want marchisio to become world class and win champions league with him as our df
some members assure that it will never happend...........
it is incredible
buffon as the last old guard member
and claudio as our leader of the new generation
we are gonna win that final, we will see the greatest grinta ever!

- - - Updated - - -

btw? matri was a rimini player back then right?
Chiellini was there too..

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006
I found a comment of my own in this match thread and shed a tear.. To be honest I became an even bigger juventino when we were playing in serie B.. We lost plastic fans.. We were verbally abused by many many real Madrid, Barcelona, Chelsea and so on supporters.. We defended our club to death.. We stood by our club even when the road we were walking was as dark as the night.. And now we are in the championsleague final :touched: I still can't believe it.. Till death do us part :touched: juventino for life!!

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Damn...these were Times...Me and my best Friend were playing
ProEvolutionSoccer on PS2 all the time.
Juventus being there as the only Second Devision Team in the Game.
Everytime my Pal went to the Toilet i would pimp up
some of the Juve Player stats to 99...

leading to comments like
"he isnt that fast! WHY IS HE SO FAST???"...i replied he was just a bad loser.

:beer: to everyone supporting this Club whatever happens.
going through this hell of a time makes the victories of today even sweeter.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
This team is virtually brand new with a brand new coaching and management staff. Things are going to be f*ed up for at least a little while to start. You don't create a team overnight.

Let's just hope we scrap out some wins early on and the team quickly gets on the road towards playing as a unit where it can put together some good winning streaks down the road.

For now, this is first day of gym class for most of the squad.
:lol: My first post in this thread...

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011

leading to comments like

:D

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013

leading to comments like

:agree:

amir3323

Jul 31, 2014
What an unforgettable season that was. Watching those world class players who were playing in the World Cup just two months before and then playing in front of 5,000 fans in villages was incredible. I remember being in denial in the first month of that season and hoping for a miracle to save the club from that injustice. But as the season went along there was a true sense of appreciation for the team and the success we took for granted and the players who stuck around to help the club rise from the ashes. The road from Rimini to Berlin has been an incredible journey.

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
What an unforgettable season that was. Watching those world class players who were playing in the World Cup just two months before and then playing in front of 5,000 fans in villages was incredible. I remember being in denial in the first month of that season and hoping for a miracle to save the club from that injustice. But as the season went along there was a true sense of appreciation for the team and the success we took for granted and the players who stuck around to help the club rise from the ashes. The road from Rimini to Berlin has been an incredible journey.
Good first post. Welcome to the forums.

Oct 3, 2004

Rimini calcio football club s.r.l. (1912)

matr. 82515 - partita iva 02320320407

Sede: Piazzale del Popolo 1 - 47900 Rimini (RN) tel. e fax 0541785960

e-mail: [email protected]

Well. Let's get this party started.

A few "fun" facts about our opponents -

Rimini's colors:

Rimini is on the east coast, and if I'm not mistaken, is part of the Emilia-Romagna province in Italy. That means they're in the same regional "zone" (if you will) as Parma, Bologna, and Reggiana.

They play in the Stadio Romeo Neri, that holds a 10,000 capacity.

Rimini are a team on the rise...Coached by Leonardo Acori, he achieved promotion to Serie C1 in 2003, and it didn't take long for them to win the C1 B league, to achieve promotion to Serie B in 2005.

Leonardo Acori has a decent record with promoting teams, as he's promoted Gubbio and Sangiovannese both from Serie D to Serie C in the past. :smile:

Rimini narrowly escaped relegation last year by finishing 17th place @ 48 points in Serie B 2005/2006. So they've pretty much achieved last year's target, which was survival.

Their Captain is Gianluca Di Giulio who wears the #5 jersey. I think he's a defender. Here he's seen shaking hands with the Legendary Gianluca Pagliuca just before kick-off against Bologna, last season.

Their "star" player is Adrian Ricchiuti, from Argentina. Plays as an attacking midfielder, and has a commanding presence in the team. Like Di Giulio he's also serving in his 5th straight year with the club.

Matteo Brighi, is a native "Riminian". I'm not too sure if Arrigo Sacchi is also from that city in particular - if not, I know he's an "Emiliano" for sure.

EDIT (almost forgot)

Their star striker is Moscardelli -

Oh wow. And look at my feature post on Rimini, with all my URL links dead by 2015 :D

And Mr. Longbeard hipster Moscardelli :howler:

God how time flies. :)

[COLOR="silver"]- - - Updated - - -[/COLOR]

Looking at the post date, I was unemployed on that day, had taken a 3 month sabbatical from working (I was a spoiled party-animal brat back then...)

2 weeks after that post, I joined a Japanese company whom I stayed with for six years achieving 3 promotions (ok this isn't a cover-letter haha).

That company was Japanese electronics giants Panasonic (Matsushita) in September 2006.

Fast forward to July 2015- I go to my parent's house, where I found my old Panasonic DVD recorder in their TV room, which I purchased from the warehouse for like half the retail price in 2006. It has a 300 GB HDD.

I fired it up, and lo and behold, I found a football match, an al Jazeera sports orange logo on the top right, Del Piero lining up a free kick against Piacenza and rocketing that baby home. I swear I was almost in tears, and had the biggest smile on my face. :touched:

Long gone are my geeky days. I still have a Panasonic DVD recorder, a much newer model, in my current home here, but I seldom use it much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)