[Serie B] - Juventus VS Albinoleffe - 6 April (30 Viewers)

pavelnedved

official nedved copy
Jul 15, 2006
the board really has to show some balls here. No way we can compete for anything in serie a, even with the promised reïnforcements. We have the best players by far in serie b, yet we play the worst football. There seems to be no progression, which is more worrying than anything else.

We need a new approach after the struggling year of serie B.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
the board really has to show some balls here. No way we can compete for anything in serie a, even with the promised reïnforcements. We have the best players by far in serie b, yet we play the worst football. There seems to be no progression, which is more worrying than anything else.

We need a new approach after the struggling year of serie B.
We need a new coach as well :smoke:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
This was a complete "Vinman Special" of a match. :faq2: So undoubtedly, Vinman's comments will be most appropriate here.

EMBARASSING....FUCKING EMBARASSING !!!!

Instead of wasting my time going thru player by player...let me just say that the whole team sucked, and there is NOOO... way this team would ever do well in Serie A
Couldn't agree more.

Whoever said BUMsong was ok today must have missed the first goal. He was at fault, because it was his mark that got the final ball for the breakaway goal.
Actually I thought it was Birindelli's mark myself. Even so, Leffe came up with a brilliant combination for their goal. Our defense was generally not the problem today, that's for sure.

You can blame Paro for not marking the middie with the ball, then BUM decided to challenge him, leaving his man wide open for the pass.
Though it was Paro's deep ball that forced the Leffe keeper out of goal and ultimately resulted in Balza's deep lob for the equalizer.

This is one I have to lay on DD though, as much as Vinman will deliciously enjoy that. The offensive attack showed no organization, no patience, and no creativity. Players got frustrated too easily and squandered opportunities, going for the desperate shot from deep or into defenders' legs rather than looking to kick out to a more creative option. And as much as I don't want to goad on the Campaign For Del Piero's Canonization, we sorely missed DP's leadership and ball distribution today.

DD should have had the troops trained for better patience, better thinking about what to do with the ball in the Leffe end.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
Serie B: Albinoleffe Hold Juve Again

Mondonico's side is the only team so far not to lose against the Bianconeri in this season as the Old Lady was held to a 1-1 draw by the Bergamaschi.

Albinoleffe will be remembered as the only team (so far) not to lose against Juventus in Serie B, as the Bergamaschi held the Bianconeri both in the first and second leg of Serie B this season with the identical result of 1-1.

At the Olimpico stadium of Turin, Juventus were searching for the three points which would launch them towards Serie A, however Albinoleffe once again proved a nut tougher to crack than expected.

The visitors took the lead in the 32nd minute with Ruopolo who beat Buffon for the 1-0. The Bianconeri equalized 6 minutes later thanks to Balzaretti who lobbed the ball past the opposing goalkeeper from the edge of the penalty area.

In the second half, Juventus tried in vain to push forward with all men to grab all three points, as Albinoleffe defended well to hold on till the end.

Juventus' lead at the top of Serie B has been cut down to 4 points following Genoa's 2-1 win over Spezia, but the Bianconeri still have a game in hand.

GD

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Juventus 1-1 Albinoleffe
The pressure is growing on Didier Deschamps after this embarrassing stalemate with mid-table minnows Albinoleffe. The Turin giants had to do without captain Del Piero due to a muscular problem, but welcomed back Trezeguet from his ban. Albinoleffe certainly did not come to the Olimpico ready to be sacrificial lambs for the leaders, as in the opening three minutes Buffon and his defence scrambled to clear a dangerous Innocenti cross. When the Bianconeri did find a way through the ‘Leffe brick wall, goalkeeper Marchetti was on stunning form with a double point-blank save on Balzaretti and then Palladino’s follow-up. Yet it was ex-Torino Coach Emiliano Mondonico’s side that took the shock lead against the run of play. Former Parma youngster Ruopolo was left totally unmarked to turn past Buffon with the outside of his right foot. It lasted just six minutes, though, as Marchetti’s punched clearance only fell to Balzaretti for a spectacular lob from 30 metres into the empty net.
After the break Trezeguet nodded a Nedved cross wide and Marchetti rushed out to close down the Czech veteran on Palladino’s assist. Palladino and Trezeguet had other chances off target, as despite vastly increasing the pressure in the second half, they had trouble finding the net. Deschamps flung on more attacking players and it turned into a siege with Bojinov’s header thumping the inside of the upright on 83 minutes and another of the Bulgarian’s aerial efforts well saved. Yet this desperation left space at the back and only Boumsong’s intervention for a corner prevented Cellini from finalising a counter-attack. Despite the late surge, Juve could not find a way through.
Scorers: Ruopolo 32 (A), Balzaretti 38 (J)
Juventus: Buffon; Birindelli, Boumsong, Chiellini, Balzaretti; Camoranesi (Bojinov 63), Paro, Giannichedda (Marchisio 78), Nedved; Palladino (Marchionni 73), Trezeguet
Albinoleffe: Marchetti; Colombo, Dal Canto, Santos; Innocenti, Belingheri (Previtali 46), Del Prato, Poloni, Peluso; Bonazzi (Cristiano 64), Ruopolo (Cellini 60)
Ref: Damato
Attendance: To follow.

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
:cry: I forgot about the match & missed it! :cry:

That is the point DD and also Secco have to work on, we cannot depend that much on DP. There need to be others who take responsibility on the pitch. We all know Buffon does but he is still a goalkeeper. Frings could be that player, the problem is that he is not young, too, and we need a leader after DP's time. Who?
In 4/5 years time - possibly Palladino. He has a good, sensible attitude to his job & he may progress & develop into what we need. I see potential leadership there.

I think it's the Napoli one.
...And it's a must win game!
My fault... Thought we talked about the Genoa match and its the 21:p It could be an important match imo
:agree: It's another "must win" game for Juve.

Congrats to Altagsheld on reaching 1000th post. :pint:

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
I want Lippi back too!Who wouldn't?But it wouldn't be nice in relation to DD. He took Juve over in a time where not every Coach would have loved to come to Juve. When he came he didn't even know how many point-deduction we would have or in which League Juve would play. I say keep him!Forza Juve and Forza DD:pint:

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
I want Lippi back too!Who wouldn't?But it wouldn't be nice in relation to DD. He took Juve over in a time where not every Coach would have loved to come to Juve. When he came he didn't even know how many point-deduction we would have or in which League Juve would play. I say keep him!Forza Juve and Forza DD:pint:
Im not questioning his loyalty to the team...
but emotions wont get us points in serie A mate!

Kosta

The Eccentric
Jul 16, 2006
Management made big mistake by not getting any winter signings ... a fresh blood in the team would have only do good for the team.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Roberto Mancini would've done better with this team tonight, ffs...

DD get yer act together
he will have to get his act together or he will be out the door faster than he can say idiot

How about Lippi/Deschamps?:eyebrows:
no thank you, lippi doesnt need a tag along cramping his style

Management made big mistake by not getting any winter signings ... a fresh blood in the team would have only do good for the team.
spot on mate, it was obvious we needed 1 or 2 players in january, but not a lot of players would be willing to move to serie B... they did well to get sali and grygera for next year though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)