[Serie B] - Juventus VS Albinoleffe - 6 April (2 Viewers)

Wraith

Sep 1, 2006
Meh, now thinking back on the game, what could we have done?

Juventus players' frustration got pretty obvious in the attacking end. I think we did have a few good chances, but no one could put them away. That's not DD's fault, but he could have man-managed better by keeping the frustration level down. We were neither organized nor disorganized in attack really, at least from what I could tell, but we weren't calm and patient at all.

I also think the Camo sub was wrong. Trez-Palladino wasn't working too well...does Palladino also need a creative player next to him? Before I thought he was more in the support striker mode, when he was creating some chances for himself. But after this game, it should be Trez-Del Piero or else no Trezeguet.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
Meh, now thinking back on the game, what could we have done?

Juventus players' frustration got pretty obvious in the attacking end. I think we did have a few good chances, but no one could put them away. That's not DD's fault, but he could have man-managed better by keeping the frustration level down. We were neither organized nor disorganized in attack really, at least from what I could tell, but we weren't calm and patient at all.

I also think the Camo sub was wrong. Trez-Palladino wasn't working too well...does Palladino also need a creative player next to him? Before I thought he was more in the support striker mode, when he was creating some chances for himself. But after this game, it should be Trez-Del Piero or else no Trezeguet.
+rep

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Someone please explain to me why it took us 80 minutes to figure out that once you cross the center line into their end of the field, you should move around to get open, and make short passes, and advance towards the net. What we did for the first 80 minutes was ridiculous...we would cross the center line, and either look for a very long ball towards the net (which either went out of bounds or the keeper easily handled ), or guys not know for their shooting abilities are launching 35-40 yard shots at the net.
Finally someone knows his football. Exactly what I thought. Thank you.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
This was a complete "Vinman Special" of a match. :faq2: So undoubtedly, Vinman's comments will be most appropriate here.

Couldn't agree more.

Actually I thought it was Birindelli's mark myself. Even so, Leffe came up with a brilliant combination for their goal. Our defense was generally not the problem today, that's for sure.

Though it was Paro's deep ball that forced the Leffe keeper out of goal and ultimately resulted in Balza's deep lob for the equalizer.

This is one I have to lay on DD though, as much as Vinman will deliciously enjoy that. The offensive attack showed no organization, no patience, and no creativity. Players got frustrated too easily and squandered opportunities, going for the desperate shot from deep or into defenders' legs rather than looking to kick out to a more creative option. And as much as I don't want to goad on the Campaign For Del Piero's Canonization, we sorely missed DP's leadership and ball distribution today.

DD should have had the troops trained for better patience, better thinking about what to do with the ball in the Leffe end.
agreed with both of you and vinni on your points abt the game and with mark77 as well.

also you said it best in that part, we have some experienced players on the field who just wanted to get a goal too fast and if we had a bit of composure we would've destroyed that defense easily.

i just want to point to paro, as i have defended him a lot this season.Right now young marchisio is showing more composure, better passing, and overall effectiveness in the recent games hes been playing. Matteo has the skills but apparently lost all his confidence and now i understand why DD opts for zanetti and Gianni in the midfield.

I just hope we don't put on that showing on tuesday against Napoli as we will get creamed

We really dont do enough out wide! We have good wide men so use them 80% of time.
important point there mate, Although neddy is a very good player in the center we need to stretch their defense more and neddy was still playing in the center and camo as well which surprised me.and the burden of providing the width was on the the full back and if DD wanted to do that i would've went for Chiellini on the left flank or even De Ceglie and balza moved to the right.

DD needs to train the team to play more intelligent football than that.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
agreed with both of you and vinni on your points abt the game and with mark77 as well.

also you said it best in that part, we have some experienced players on the field who just wanted to get a goal too fast and if we had a bit of composure we would've destroyed that defense easily.

i just want to point to paro, as i have defended him a lot this season.Right now young marchisio is showing more composure, better passing, and overall effectiveness in the recent games hes been playing. Matteo has the skills but apparently lost all his confidence and now i understand why DD opts for zanetti and Gianni in the midfield.

I just hope we don't put on that showing on tuesday against Napoli as we will get creamed

important point there mate, Although neddy is a very good player in the center we need to stretch their defense more and neddy was still playing in the center and camo as well which surprised me.and the burden of providing the width was on the the full back and if DD wanted to do that i would've went for Chiellini on the left flank or even De Ceglie and balza moved to the right.

DD needs to train the team to play more intelligent football than that.

and there lies our problem....

can he ????

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
and there lies our problem....

can he ????
Right now there are way too many factors for me to fully answer that problem and to a certain extent i can't answer that in serie B.

On the other hand there are many games this season that show that he did the right thing and i saw that on his last gig at Monaco. So there is some promise there Vinni.

Paolo Sosa

Nov 11, 2005
wow everyone turned their backs on DD, lets just wait until the end of the season and then judge him if he met our objectives. although i really wants lippi back, but you just can't blame DD he is playing teams that don't give us any space and defend as a unit with only draw in their minds so just give the man a chance nobody expected us to play nice football we just want to get out of Serie B

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
wow everyone turned their backs on DD, lets just wait until the end of the season and then judge him if he met our objectives. although i really wants lippi back, but you just can't blame DD he is playing teams that don't give us any space and defend as a unit with only draw in their minds so just give the man a chance nobody expected us to play nice football we just want to get out of Serie B
i think it wouldnt harm for us to at least loook like a good team in italys second teir...

Ascension

Sep 16, 2005
@Bozi Your dog is powerful and gentle at the same time. Kinda reminds of your own persona. :tup:

On the game... Look, I have spent the entire season demanding 3 points in all the games. But we have to realise Serie B is not some sort of amusement park. It's real teams with real players who could just as easily play in Serie A.

Napoli gained ground. The pressure is on us before the match. We need a comeback and Deschamps manages his players well on a mental level.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
@Bozi Your dog is powerful and gentle at the same time. Kinda reminds of your own persona. :tup:

On the game... Look, I have spent the entire season demanding 3 points in all the games. But we have to realise Serie B is not some sort of amusement park. It's real teams with real players who could just as easily play in Serie A.

Napoli gained ground. The pressure is on us before the match. We need a comeback and Deschamps manages his players well on a mental level.
I have my doubts on the bold bit, as he failed most times in this aspect!

Ascension

Sep 16, 2005
Be more open. Deschamps is a hard man to read. You can't see through him which is one of the reasons I love having him as our coach.

One of my friends told me DD would be an awsome CL coach. And he is not wrong.

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
am i toolate for vinmans sant at deschamps??too lazy to look back over the thread and was at teh vet with my dog while teh game was on
Vinnie's "rant" is at the bottom of page 36.
We really dont do enough out wide! We have good wide men so use them 80% of time.
:agree: Especially against teams that have 10 men defending: - that way, you stretch the defence & that might create a little more space in the goal area.

Ooooooo, my 2,000th post!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)