[Serie B] - Juventus VS Albinoleffe - 6 April (4 Viewers)

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
Well you didnt miss anything Angela...I can assure you...
You saved yourself from some frustration and high blood pressure :D
...And potential heart attacks & premature baldness due to me pulling my hair out! :D Thanks Rami!

Management made big mistake by not getting any winter signings ... a fresh blood in the team would have only do good for the team.
:agree: We're now paying for that error: 1-2 winter signings would've given those players a chance to adapt & given DD a couple of more team options in the latter half of what is a long season, which doesn't finish until 10th June. Furthermore, a June finish means a short summer & less time for summer newcomers to adapt & fit into the team!

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
am i toolate for vinmans sant at deschamps??too lazy to look back over the thread and was at teh vet with my dog while teh game was on

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Didier Deschamps has criticised his defenders for another shoddy performance in the 1-1 draw with Albinoleffe.
“We knew that they were very good at sitting back and soaking up pressure,” said the Juventus Coach.
“In the second half we could have scored a second goal and it would have been important to go into Tuesday’s Napoli game on the back of a victory, but instead the other sides gained some ground on us.”
In fact, 'Leffe had taken the lead at the Stadio Olimpico in Turin, as another defensive howler allowed Francesco Ruopolo to net.
“If you concede a goal, then it means you made a mistake. When we go on the attack, we have to leave more space at the back for our opponents, but aside from that there is a real lack of communication. We have got to improve on that aspect.
“This is a new squad with many players who have only come together in the last year. Even if today the result is better for Albinoleffe, we did face a very defensive side.”
Deschamps saw his lead at the top cut to just four points with a crucial promotion clash against Napoli set for Tuesday.
Alessandro Del Piero was out of the Albinoleffe game due to a slight muscular problem, but the Coach assured he would be back for the next tie.
“Del Piero will play against Napoli. He returned from international duty feeling tired and I already considered resting him this weekend. The slight muscular strain convinced us it was best not to risk it.”

Football Italia
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So Mr.DD slams the defence and say nothing about our poor Midfielders and attackers, also about his questionable substitutes!!! :disagree:

Christina

vanilla pudding
Aug 21, 2006
“Del Piero will play against Napoli. He returned from international duty feeling tired and I already considered resting him this weekend. The slight muscular strain convinced us it was best not to risk it.”

So why didn't he rest him against Pescara instead. :confused:

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006

Good question...
I didnt hear him once blame himself like great coaches do when they are mistaken :disagree:

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
again he blamed the opposition for sitting back and defending the whole game, surely he knew they would do this? i knew they would so hes incompetent if he didnt, and if they defend its his job to tell the team how to break them down, he has no leadership skills, god bless cantona, he is just a water carrier

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006

Good question. Why should DP still feel tired from playing with the NT? Wasn't he a substitute, who didn't play the full 90 minutes?
Why slam the defenders? Wasn't it a defender who equalised for us? Why didn't he criticise others? Having read through this thread, it seemed a few weren't too happy with Trez's performance. I take it he had an "off -day". What about the midfield & attackers? I think DD has been fishing to look for a group to blame rather than individuals & chose "Defenders" rather than the whole team.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Defense wasn't our problem, folks. Scoring only one goal against Albinoleffe at home with the likes of Trez, Bojinov, Palladino, and Nedved? -- that's your problem, Didi.

Christina

vanilla pudding
Aug 21, 2006
Good question. Why should DP still feel tired from playing with the NT? Wasn't he a substitute, who didn't play the full 90 minutes?
Why slam the defenders? Wasn't it a defender who equalised for us? Why didn't he criticise others? Having read through this thread, it seemed a few weren't too happy with Trez's performance. I take it he had an "off -day". What about the midfield & attackers? I think DD has been fishing to look for a group to blame rather than individuals & choose "Defenders" rather than the whole team.
Or rather than himself. :faq1:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)