[Serie B] Juventus-Brescia (11/01/06) (12 Viewers)

JuventusFan

Jul 12, 2002
Thanks Mark83 and Sateeh for your compliments.

About the right back position, Zebina doesn't see to be available for this match, so I would go for Balza.

And about the CM positions, putting both Paro and Marchisio would be a very risky move because they're both young and lack experience.

Nedved or Camo for CM? I think you're right Sateeh. Putting Camo in CM would enable us to use Marchionni in his natrual right wing position. And Camo would be tough enough to take control of the midfield.

I still believe Nedved is a good choice for CM, but Camo would be better in our current situation.

Buy on AliExpress.com

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
Serie B Tim - 31 Oct 2006 - 11:25 AM

Juventus-Brescia, head to head

Wednesday night’s clash between Juventus and Brescia - originally scheduled for the 8th October but postponed due to a clash with the international calendar - is a direct head to head between two of the league’s most serious promotion contenders. After the arbitration of the CONI restored eight points to Juventus, and more importantly, after an impressive string of seven consecutive victories, the Bianconeri come into the game with a rather more encouraging place in the standings, just one point behind the men from Lombardia, and four behind that magic second place which would ensure automatic promotion to Serie A. The clash with Brescia is therefore a vital stage in the climb of Deschamps’ men to the top of the table, as a win could already see them ease into the play-off zone. The same goes for the “rondinelle” (little swallows), who after back to back defeats against Genoa and Rimini, returned to winning ways against Modena on Friday night, bagging the three points and reigniting their ambitions.

Brescia use a tried and tested formula which changed little over the summer. The icing on the cake of their transfer market dealings is most definitely Matteo Serafini, formerly of Siena, who plays just behind the striker in coach Somma’s 4-2-3-1 line-up, and alongside the dazzlingly quick Del Nero and Mannini. It’s the forward runs of the midfielders that give Brescia that something extra, while up front they can depend on the pace of Davide Possanzini, an expert striker who, having grown up in the ranks of the Torino youth team, will see the game against Juventus as something of a derby. The Lithuanian international Stankevicus stands out at the back, the same defender who made life difficult for the Italian strikers in the first Euro 2008 qualifier back in early September. The central pairing are Mareko and Zoboli, both solid markers and equally dangerous at set-pieces with their strength and height advantage.

Serie B Tim - 31 Oct 2006 - 3:02 PM

The call-ups for Wednesday

Monsieur Deschamps has called up 18 players for the game with Brescia.

1 Buffon
2 Birindelli
3 Chiellini
4 Kovac
9 Bojinov
10 Del Piero
11 Nedved
12 Mirante
14 Balzaretti
15 Marchisio
16 Camoranesi
17 Trezeguet
18 Boumsong
19 Paro
23 Guzman
25 Zalayeta
30 Legrottaglie
32 Marchionni

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
There are 2 other games: -

Frosinone - Lecce Good Luck Frosinone! Let's see you thrash Zeman's team.
Cesena - Triestina A draw or win for Triestina would be best for Juve, I think.

Muha

The Head Physio
Feb 25, 2004
Azzurri7 said:
Play Palladino behind Dp and Trez.
With neddy around i dont think that would happen, plus i dont think Palladino has played in that role regularly for reggina last season.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
AngelaL said:
Serie B Tim - 31 Oct 2006 - 11:25 AM

Juventus-Brescia, head to head

Wednesday night’s clash between Juventus and Brescia - originally scheduled for the 8th October but postponed due to a clash with the international calendar - is a direct head to head between two of the league’s most serious promotion contenders. After the arbitration of the CONI restored eight points to Juventus, and more importantly, after an impressive string of seven consecutive victories, the Bianconeri come into the game with a rather more encouraging place in the standings, just one point behind the men from Lombardia, and four behind that magic second place which would ensure automatic promotion to Serie A. The clash with Brescia is therefore a vital stage in the climb of Deschamps’ men to the top of the table, as a win could already see them ease into the play-off zone. The same goes for the “rondinelle” (little swallows), who after back to back defeats against Genoa and Rimini, returned to winning ways against Modena on Friday night, bagging the three points and reigniting their ambitions.

Brescia use a tried and tested formula which changed little over the summer. The icing on the cake of their transfer market dealings is most definitely Matteo Serafini, formerly of Siena, who plays just behind the striker in coach Somma’s 4-2-3-1 line-up, and alongside the dazzlingly quick Del Nero and Mannini. It’s the forward runs of the midfielders that give Brescia that something extra, while up front they can depend on the pace of Davide Possanzini, an expert striker who, having grown up in the ranks of the Torino youth team, will see the game against Juventus as something of a derby. The Lithuanian international Stankevicus stands out at the back, the same defender who made life difficult for the Italian strikers in the first Euro 2008 qualifier back in early September. The central pairing are Mareko and Zoboli, both solid markers and equally dangerous at set-pieces with their strength and height advantage.

Serie B Tim - 31 Oct 2006 - 3:02 PM

The call-ups for Wednesday

Monsieur Deschamps has called up 18 players for the game with Brescia.

1 Buffon
2 Birindelli
3 Chiellini
4 Kovac
9 Bojinov
10 Del Piero
11 Nedved
12 Mirante
14 Balzaretti
15 Marchisio
16 Camoranesi
17 Trezeguet
18 Boumsong
19 Paro
23 Guzman
25 Zalayeta
30 Legrottaglie
32 Marchionni
no Palladino ??

Sep 19, 2006
Great news!!! Aljazeerasport will broadcast the game after all! Thank u very much for everyone who sent an email! They replied to me coz i sentl ike 5 emails telling me that they didnt knew about the game! Thank u again for every one who sent an email!

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
ReBeL said:
Yes, that's the strangest thing in the call ups for this match...
:lol:

Anyway i'd go for Marchisio- Paro in the centre. Restricting Camo to a central, more defensive role will be a waste of his talents. Add to that, he was played in that role under Capello once last season; it was a failed experiment. Nedved is too reckless for a holding midfielder role.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Dominic said:
:lol:

Anyway i'd go for Marchisio- Paro in the centre. Restricting Camo to a central, more defensive role will be a waste of his talents. Add to that, he was played in that role under Capello once last season; it was a failed experiment. Nedved is too reckless for a holding midfielder role.
:agree: , add to that we need both neddy and camo to create some chances for the forwards.
Marchisio is the only natural DM we have atm( unless u want to use legro there:D, anybody remember in the CL 2003? against depor i think)
so we need him to start whatever the formation is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)