[SERIE A] Week-37- Siena 0 - 3 JUVENTUS (24-May-09) (2 Viewers)

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
so apart from the result, what did we learn from todays game ?

ciro did not change the formation, so you can't blame the bad results on ranieris bad formation

ciro did not use his subs much earlier so either he is a bad coach too or both or right to use the subs rather late

ciro did bring mellberg for de ceglie, that is a typical ranieri substitution, but i don't see much crying here

ciro did not bring giovinco ... i know that you will never accept that, but many coaches did deny giovinco a starting spot, but as always the fans know better ...

don't get me wrong. a change of scene was needed to make a break and the sacking of the coach was the simplest solution.

yes ferrara had the impact we hoped for, because the motivation seemed to be there again, but it is really sad that you have to motivate players who earn millions a year to give their best on the pitch. i know many here would kill to step once on the pitch for the beloved juve club and wear the shirt, but as you see with those players ... the richer they get, the less hungry they are.
What a bitter owl there, still discredits our players to defend CR:shifty:
Ciro got rid of the offside trap and the long balls that ruined every game for us in the past 2 months .. Plus, Ferrara surely knows how to organize the defence .. TACTICS is not all about formations and substitutions .. CIRO did change a lot in this game ..
:agree: We were conceding at least one goal per match from the offside trap, who failed to intercept vertical passes.
As of lately, each and every team we faced, knew how to beat us and used that tactic.
For months and months i was expecting from CR to find smth to counter this, but he never came up with smth. Ciro, may not be a complete coach just yet, but as an experienced leader and defender, did noticed that and actually did smth about it!! That was the least and the most i was expecting from Ferrara.
I didnt expect to make any other chances, because he doesnt have the necessary time to do so!
The increased determination was a bonus, that did made the difference in our case. Determination alone is not enough to win games,, but thats the only thing we lacked against the lesser teams lately.
Getting rid of Marchionni's and Moli's long crosses is still not confirmed, as Ciro's quality.
Ferrara: Mission Accomplished! Sunday 24 May, 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ciro Ferrara is celebrating his first Juventus match and the fact he has already taken the team to automatic Champions League qualification.

“It was a wonderful day, but above all I am happy with the reaction and performance of the squad,” said the new Coach who replaced Claudio Ranieri this week.

Thanks to the 3-0 victory away to Siena, Fiorentina's 1-1 at Lecce and Milan's 3-2 home defeat to Roma, Juve are guaranteed a top three finish.

One of Ferrara's first moves was bringing Alessandro Del Piero back to the starting XI and he was repaid with a brace.

“I had to tell him off, as he needs to let me be more relaxed on the bench!” laughed Ferrara.

“He had the chances to finish off the game and should've taken them. He scored a good third, but he needs to help us all take it a bit easier.

“I wasn't here in previous games, so I don't know what happened and what was asked of the players. I know that I did request lots of hard work from Del Piero both in attack and coming back to help the defence.”

It was Juventus' first win since March after a seven-match winless streak and marked a big turnaround from recent performances.

“Siena had a very strong start and created a few problems for us, but for the rest of the time I think Juve played with a real spirit of sacrifice from all its men.

“I believe that when there is a change of management, there is always going to be a shake-up in terms of motivation.

“Even if it wasn't me on the bench, the players would've felt responsible and realised exactly what it is we're gambling with here.

“We had to go and get the direct Champions League qualification and perhaps something a little more.”

Ferrara has said he wanted to make it a permanent job on the Bianconeri bench, but faces competition from Bari boss Antonio Conte.

“Conte sent me a message wishing me luck.”
Very fair comments by our coach there. It was about time we were sparred with the lame ones. Impressive to see that Ciro took no credit for himself and also avoided to bash CR's work and efficiency, claiming that our players would have done the same anyway, when it was crystal clear that they wouldnt!

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
So refreshing week..our result and know that Milan lost and Fiorentina draw..
Can't wait for next season and i hope there won't be another disastrous transfer

Look at the team Ferrara fielded in this match, all the player in starting XI is played with us in Serie B minus IQ..

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
In this game Buffon, Chiellini, Zebina, Legrottaglie, De Ceglie, Camo, Zanetti, Marchisio, Nedved, Del Piero and Trezeguet got to play. What do they have in common? They all played in Serie B with us. Fucking heroes.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
In this game Buffon, Chiellini, Zebina, Legrottaglie, De Ceglie, Camo, Zanetti, Marchisio, Nedved, Del Piero and Trezeguet got to play. What do they have in common? They all played in Serie B with us. Fucking heroes.
WORD!

Major props to them and to the loyal servants.

Of course Ferrara knows about this, but Ranieri doesn't.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I can't wait to look at the smiles on their faces. Especially Buffon for clean sheet and DP for scoring again. I love it, and I love ciro for bringing back the smile to this team. We lost our way and ciro guided us back.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
ahhh..... i feel relieved.....

Good game...del piero played till the end..... him and nedved looked destroyed of tiredness but the effort paid off!.

Good to see a change, a treblñe and a clean sheet... but above all a win and CL safe qualification....

perfect match day.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002

:tup:

not a bad start for Ciro....he has brought some much needed Juve-pride back to the squad !!:flag1:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
lol to telll you the truth i almost fell in some parts of the second half but it was pretty early here and well the second half was very passive.... but nothing compared to the ranieri frustating second halves.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
If Only Ranieri was sacked 2 months ago. We could have been esle where.
I was just thinking that. Had we won only 4 of the last 7 matches we would have the Scudetto. But we all have PHD's in hindsight now don't we.

Anyway, regarding Ferrara's tactical changes or lack there of, I don't think we could have asked for much more. He got the balance completely right; had we changed formation etc. it would have been foolish to assume that the team could get it all together in one week. He had no choice but to bring on Melberg, had DC not been injured then we may have seen Giovinco playing but at least he was on the bench. I think his subs were good and all three made perfect sense. The one big difference and most important, is that our defensive line isn't so high anymore. The answer to the problem was in front of us the whole time, we were conceding goals from counter attack after counter attack and Ciro made the necessary change.
My only problem was that Ciro started subbing way to late, especially considering the conditions and that the team began to fatigue.

Never the less, these were the differences between Ciro and Ranieri that may be small but make all the difference. And we can't ignore the fact that each player looks 10x more motivated under Ciro then Ranieri either.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
The chances of a team performing better in their first matches under a new coach is higher than them performing poorly... What will matter is whether the team can continue the performances when the honeymoon period is over...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)