[SERIE A] Week-37- Siena 0 - 3 JUVENTUS (24-May-09) (7 Viewers)

Noodle

★ ★ ★
Jul 29, 2007
De Ceglie got injured, he HAD to bring in Mellberg.

Motivation, a lower defense line and no long balls 99% of the time. That's what Ciro brought to the table. In 1 game he learned what Ranieri couldn't do in almost 2 years.

Forza Ciro! :beer:
We also didn't get bitched around by a team like Siena like we used to do with Ranieri.

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #428
    well he's still right...Ciro did not change anything at all...he brought motivation and most importantly confidence to the Juve players...even his subs were Ranieri-esque
    I never claimed the opposite. But let's see

Was Ranieri going to opt for Del Piero? He already didn't start him in his last two games, do you think he was going to start him when he already got knocked out in training by Tiaga. That's the first thing.

Second, Camoranesi wasn't changing positions under Ranieri the way he did today. He played as a playmaker in big part of the game, he was cutting down the middle when Marchisio was attacking. Under Ranieri he was stock on the left and nothing more.

3rd, I'm not a Nostradamus here but had the result been different Ciro wouldn't have made these subs but different ones. For Ranieri, it doesn't matter, we're leading, we're loosing, we're down the hole or hill or if we're burning, the subs are predictable more than anything. Even the mins are more predictable.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    1. If we win in the last round we'll be second no matter the result of Fiorentina-Milan, because we have a better h2h with Milan (4:2 - 1:1)

2. If we draw in the last round we'll be second if Milan won't win and we'll be third if Milan wins.

3. If we lose in the last round we'll be third if Fiorentina won't win and we'll be second if Fiorentina wins.
    If we lose and Fiorentina wins (lets say a minimum win of 1:0) a mini-table will be created and this is how the mini table will look (i repeat, if Fiorentina win by one goal difference).

Juve-Milan 4:2 - 1:1
    Juve-Fiorentina 1:0 - 1:1
    Milan-Fiorentina 1:0 - 0:1

Mini table:
    1. Juventus 8 pts (7:4)
    2. Fiorentina 4 pts (2:3)
    3. Milan 4 pts (4:6)

If we lose and Fiorentina wins (no matter the score), then Juve are second and Fiorentina are third, while Milan will play qualifications.

For the first time this season, FORZA Fiorentina. Your win will secure our 2nd place and make Milan's mercato more complicated :p

ozshimy

Apr 15, 2009
    in officcial lega calcio site we are 3rd..??????????
    We are def 2nd. On the TV right in front of me, it says we are 2nd. The reason why some websites will list us as third is probably it's a script that is taking into account goal differences and not head-to-head games.

:flag1:

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
    well he's still right...Ciro did not change anything at all...he brought motivation and most importantly confidence to the Juve players...even his subs were Ranieri-esque
    But that is a large part of a coach's job. I would say it's even more important than being tactically savy. Motivating the players, build a team spirit, getting everyone to pull in the same direction. Ranieri failed to do so and had lost all credibility among our men.

Why do the Ranieri Boys (not you Ahmed) come here and start degrading Ciro and the team today after we've secured a CL spot, not even having one good word to say about the performance. :lol:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    Wait a minute, I'm getting confused by all the excess information some members are posting. No qualifiers, right?

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
    Ciro got rid of the offside trap and the long balls that ruined every game for us in the past 2 months .. Plus, Ferrara surely knows how to organize the defence .. TACTICS is not all about formations and substitutions .. CIRO did change a lot in this game ..

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #439
    Ciro got rid of the offside trap and the long balls that ruined every game for us in the past 2 months .. Plus, Ferrara surely knows how to organize the defence .. TACTICS is not all about formations and substitutions .. CIRO did change a lot in this game ..
    :tup:

According to v1233tual that's not a big change.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)