[SERIE A] Week-37- Siena 0 - 3 JUVENTUS (24-May-09) (2 Viewers)

Mar 24, 2006
:lol2:

In this game Buffon, Chiellini, Zebina, Legrottaglie, De Ceglie, Camo, Zanetti, Marchisio, Nedved, Del Piero and Trezeguet got to play. What do they have in common? They all played in Serie B with us. Fucking heroes.
Yeah ,but minus Iaquinta .

I hate my life for missing this game because of work:(
i slept through the match, hope that makes you feel better
sorry to hear that lads .

:tup:

not a bad start for Ciro....he has brought some much needed Juve-pride back to the squad !!:flag1:
:flag1: :flag1: :flag1:

where the hell hv you been lately ?

lol to telll you the truth i almost fell in some parts of the second half but it was pretty early here and well the second half was very passive.... but nothing compared to the ranieri frustating second halves.
I was just thinking that. Had we won only 4 of the last 7 matches we would have the Scudetto. But we all have PHD's in hindsight now don't we.

Anyway, regarding Ferrara's tactical changes or lack there of, I don't think we could have asked for much more. He got the balance completely right; had we changed formation etc. it would have been foolish to assume that the team could get it all together in one week. He had no choice but to bring on Melberg, had DC not been injured then we may have seen Giovinco playing but at least he was on the bench. I think his subs were good and all three made perfect sense. The one big difference and most important, is that our defensive line isn't so high anymore. The answer to the problem was in front of us the whole time, we were conceding goals from counter attack after counter attack and Ciro made the necessary change.
My only problem was that Ciro started subbing way to late, especially considering the conditions and that the team began to fatigue.

Never the less, these were the differences between Ciro and Ranieri that may be small but make all the difference. And we can't ignore the fact that each player looks 10x more motivated under Ciro then Ranieri either.
icεmαή;2005482 said:
The chances of a team performing better in their first matches under a new coach is higher than them performing poorly... What will matter is whether the team can continue the performances when the honeymoon period is over...
:tup: :tup: :tup:

Buy on AliExpress.com
Mar 24, 2006
Ohh and my humble players rating

Buffon 6.5 very confident performance
Zebina 6 solid
Legrottaglie 6 did well aside from the handball incident , fortunately didn't cost us a PK
Chieelini 6.5 :tup:
De Ceglie 6.5 FUCK MOLINARO
Camoranesi 6.5 very mobile
Marchisio 7.4 provided us a balance , nice pass , nice interception and nice goal
Zanetti 6 decent
Nedved 6.5 i'm sure he gave his everything because he know that would be his last few games with us :touched:
Iaquinta 6 bad day , bad finishing
Del Piero 7.5 Super FK , as always our Capitano at his best

Poulsen 6
Mellberg 6
Trezeguet 6 you will score next time , David :tup:

Ferrara 7

Juventuz.com Live match thread 10

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
First time poster on these boards, the day after we, again, secured CL qualification. Oh wonderful day.:D

Not a really entertaining game (specially the 2nd half) but we finally did what we had to do.

Buffon 5,5: difficult to say anything as he was a spectator most of the time. I liked how he communicated with our defense though.
Zebina 6,5: his best game of the season, but that's not really difficult. Was never troubled.
Leggro 6: maybe a little insecure at certain moments, but no real difficulties.
Chiellini 6,5: did what a defender is supposed to do, was slightly better than Leggro yesterday imo.
De Ceglie 6: shaky at times (in defence as well as attack) but overall a more than ok game.
Camo 5,5: a couple of nice touches but I feel he drifted out of the game quite often. However I was impressed with his tracking back and helping out the defense, something he had not been doing in these last few games.
Zanetti 6,5: one of the most underrated players imo. Did everything an MC is supposed to do & his passing is nothing short of brilliant at times. Stupid yellow card though.
Marchisio 7,5: Mom. Already a very influential player. Good performance, at times even brilliant, and a really nice goal. What more do you want?
Nedved 6,5: was all over the pitch, but mostly in a good way. I still hope he reconsiders retirement, if only for sentimental value.
Delpie 6,5: good but not great. Sure he scored twice and gave an assist, but at times he was quite slow.
Iaquinta 5: his worst game in a long time. He always tries & works hard but yesterday it just did not go his way.

Subs not rated because the game was all but over when they came on.

Ferrara did ok I guess. He really did not change a lot in terms of formation and subs, but the team did look like they wanted to win and the concentration was finally back (for the biggest part of the game at least). So a mostly positive game.

Also thanks to Siena for not making our lives to difficult. :D

dogsarecute

Aug 7, 2008
Is the lower defence line the solution? I have my doubts so I need some clarifications.

1)Most of the goals we conceded recently are not due to defenders not catching up with speedy attackers, which was the con of a high defence line, but the defence making basic mistakes. I only remember the Chievo game as one which was not won due to the high defence line tactic.

2)Many came through counter-attacks in which case a confident defence is needed instead. Most of the time the attacker dribbled through Mellberg/Legro instead of simple running faster than them. If they were confident enough, they would have made the tackle ala Vidic and the attack will be nipped in the bud. When Chiellini is in top form, he pre-empt a lot of dangerous balls. After his injury, he started missing a few of them. The other defenders are too passive and afraid to challenge for the ball which was why the attackers can dribble past them easily. The best performance by the defence occurs when defenders make the first move instead of backing off.

3)Inability to intercept dangerous balls. Yesteday, the CMs and CBs managed to stop many balls before they reach the defence, something which I did not see much recently. This also includes not closing down attackers fast enough in situations where they are in a position to make long range shots.

4)Luck. There are many goals that are a result of deflected shots/crosses.

5)Defenders not reading easy moves. For example, Grygera let Riise past thinking he will not get the ball. Last week, a simple high through ball reached Plasmati with no CBs tracking him. Yesterday, a similar incident occured where De Ceglie pulled down the attacker.

Mar 24, 2006
They had a lowest confidence under Ranieri during these past few months which made things went wrong , he is gone . we have new coach to start over again and gonna win some trophies .

Stop complaining and drop my hi to your ranieri .

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Btw, anyone remembers the 5 draws in a row in Capello's last season here? We had a huge advantage over Milan but after those 5 draws Milan came only 3 pts behind us, with 3 rounds to go.
Nothing worked for us after that Arsenal humiliation in CL. After that we drew with Treviso, Roma, Milan, Fiorentina, Cagliari and Lazio (Canna scored in the last minute and Capello went crazy :smile: ).
With 3 rounds to go it looked like Milan were going to catch us. And then we had Siena away.
After 10 minutes we had 3:0 advantage :D

This time again after many winless matches, Siena saves the season.
God bless Siena.

Dec 26, 2004
Btw, anyone remembers the 5 draws in a row in Capello's last season here? We had a huge advantage over Milan but after those 5 draws Milan came only 3 pts behind us, with 3 rounds to go.
Nothing worked for us after that Arsenal humiliation in CL. After that we drew with Treviso, Roma, Milan, Fiorentina, Cagliari and Lazio (Canna scored in the last minute and Capello went crazy :smile: ).
With 3 rounds to go it looked like Milan were going to catch us. And then we had Siena away.
After 10 minutes we had 3:0 advantage :D

This time again after many winless matches, Siena saves the season.
God bless Siena.
FORZA SIENA:D

feriorca

May 27, 2009
I'm very very happy we won. Finally. One Lazio is easy after this one. Btw, I'm maybe new, but been around for some time. I'm on the glad side Ranieri get rid of and so should Tiago, Grygera, Zebina, Poulsen, Marchionni, but not Molinaro. I kinda like his fighting spirit, and pace. The Chelsea game is his best. But admit his crosses are useless. I'm also on giving more minutes for Giovinco.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)