[SERIE A] Week-37- Siena 0 - 3 JUVENTUS (24-May-09) (9 Viewers)

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Since 2005–06, if two or more teams end the season with the same number of points, the ordering is determined by their head-to-head records. In case two or more teams have same total points and same head-to-head records, goal difference becomes the secondary deciding factor.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #404
    Buffon 6

Zebina 6.5
    Legro 7
    Chiellini 7
    De Ceglie 6

Zanetti 6
    Marchisio 7.5
    Nedved 7
    Camoranesi 6.5

Del Piero 7.5:star:
    Iaquinta 6

Poulsen 6
    Trezeguet NR
    Mellberg NR

Ferrara: Thank you for taking over and bringing the smile back.

Ahmed

Principino
    Sep 3, 2006
    Since 2005–06, if two or more teams end the season with the same number of points, the ordering is determined by their head-to-head records. In case two or more teams have same total points and same head-to-head records, goal difference becomes the secondary deciding factor.
    so if the season had ended now, we are definitely 2nd :tup:

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
    Ciro Ferrara had the perfect debut as Alessandro Del Piero and Claudio Marchisio sent Juventus into second place!

Channel4.com

MeTaL_KnighT

Terran Maniac
    Mar 3, 2009
    A much needed win. A good first half, and a bland second one. Yet the team did the necessary to win the game; and that is exactly what we needed.

Let's see what we do against Lazio next game. We need to take revenge for the Coppa exit. :D
    YEEEEEES !!!! WE ARE JUVENTUS :bigscarf:

AAAND WE MUST TAKE REVENGE WITH FERRARAAAAA :(

Zaim

Dec 1, 2007
    Disappointing second half, but understandable considering our lead, the hot weather and Siena putting no pressure.

The subs were good, Zanetti and DC needed to be subbed so one of Trez/Gio getting playing time was fine by me.

This was not the toughest of games, but still. Well done, coach :tup:

Man of the Match: Marchisio with a goal, an assist and great play throughout the match :star:

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
    so apart from the result, what did we learn from todays game ?

ciro did not change the formation, so you can't blame the bad results on ranieris bad formation

ciro did not use his subs much earlier so either he is a bad coach too or both or right to use the subs rather late

ciro did bring mellberg for de ceglie, that is a typical ranieri substitution, but i don't see much crying here

ciro did not bring giovinco ... i know that you will never accept that, but many coaches did deny giovinco a starting spot, but as always the fans know better ...

don't get me wrong. a change of scene was needed to make a break and the sacking of the coach was the simplest solution.

yes ferrara had the impact we hoped for, because the motivation seemed to be there again, but it is really sad that you have to motivate players who earn millions a year to give their best on the pitch. i know many here would kill to step once on the pitch for the beloved juve club and wear the shirt, but as you see with those players ... the richer they get, the less hungry they are.

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #417
    so apart from the result, what did we learn from todays game ?

ciro did not change the formation, so you can't blame the bad results on ranieris bad formation

ciro did not use his subs much earlier so either he is a bad coach too or both or right to use the subs rather late

ciro did bring mellberg for de ceglie, that is a typical ranieri substitution, but i don't see much crying here

ciro did not bring giovinco ... i know that you will never accept that, but many coaches did deny giovinco a starting spot, but as always the fans know better ...

don't get me wrong. a change of scene was needed to make a break and the sacking of the coach was the simplest solution.
    :lol: sorry but i expected you to come here and praise Ranieri in such an in-direct way.

Ahmed

Principino
    Sep 3, 2006
    :lol: sorry but i expected you to come here and praise Ranieri in such an in-direct way.
    well he's still right...Ciro did not change anything at all...he brought motivation and most importantly confidence to the Juve players...even his subs were Ranieri-esque

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
    De Ceglie got injured, he HAD to bring in Mellberg.

Motivation, a lower defense line and no long balls 99% of the time. That's what Ciro brought to the table. In 1 game he learned what Ranieri couldn't do in almost 2 years.

Forza Ciro! :beer:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)