[Serie A] Udinese-Juventus (2 Viewers)

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by sateeh ] ++

exaccctlllyyy spot onn all the wayy. Udinese are not a small side.They are a side that worked hard for the past 5 yrs at least in building their team. And their success last year just shows they r a quality side
I disagree.If you don't think playing two of the best defensive midfielders can hold down an only decent side like Udinese then imagine how we'd have to play in the CL.Alot of the time attack is the best form of defence, and we're sacrificing on-form players(Camoranesi) to accomodate Capello's obsession for defensive midfielders.

If you think that 3 defensive mids will ensure we control the midfield how do you explain that lacklustre second half with Udinese coming close on several occasions and arguably deserving a point?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Udinese isnt only decent side in Italy,
we had to be extra carefull
and they are always extramotiveted when they face us,
Udinese in a good day may chalenge any team in europe in their home,
besides Italy games are preparing our team for the big European games ahead,we cant use the trident all the time and swich it on 4-4-2 against Barca,real and chelsea and expect to be succesfull

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Maresca78 ] ++

do you understand something in football, I think it was a very clever decision from Capello to play with 3 DM, we played away from home against a strong team, this means we need more controll in midfield and strong defence.

Given Capello's obsession with tall men and DMs, I wont be surprised if we acquire two more DM's in January at the expense of Mutu and Del Piero. And we might even rotate the new DM's upfront with Trez and Ibra. :groan:

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Eire ] ++
maybe you are right but with 2 excellent def midfielders in emo and vieira and camo always willing to track back and fight for possession thurams age might not be found out while his calmness on the ball would be a benefit.

but i have to say i am impressed with kovac
i remember in pre season cannavaro said he was a special player, im sure canna would be as good a person as anybody to judge defenders
yeah, I am very positivly surprised with kovac. I did not like him as he was with bayern. I saw him often playing. but now he is really world class. Our defenders are not the youngest, and capello must routate with them. they can not play every single match.
I would like to see Gladstone soon. I think he must be good, capello can rate players very good, he was not gonna take him, if he was not good.
Gladstone can be the first stone for our future defence ;)

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
I disagree.If you don't think playing two of the best defensive midfielders can hold down an only decent side like Udinese then imagine how we'd have to play in the CL.Alot of the time attack is the best form of defence, and we're sacrificing on-form players(Camoranesi) to accomodate Capello's obsession for defensive midfielders.
Agree about that often attack is the best defense.
Camoranesi was tired. You could clearly see that in the game before this.
He is an on-form player and will surely play from start next game.

To call Udine only “decent” is an insult to them.
4th in Serie A last year and in CL themselves now. Winning last game 3-0.

If you think that 3 defensive mids will ensure we control the midfield how do you explain that lacklustre second half with Udinese coming close on several occasions and arguably deserving a point?
That’s not just about the midfield and the type of players.
When we stood up they did not find a square cm of space to work with. But when your crawling down into your own goalkeepers lap there’s no other way out than pressure.

The fault is that we did not move our positions further up the field even late in game as in the first 75 minutes…

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004

imagine what was gonna happen if we had not 3 defensive midfielders.

on-form players should play, but sometimes they need rest too. camo has been playing a game all 3 days since the game against bielarussia with italy. when should he rest?
our next games are against:
parma (A)
rapied (H)
Inter (H)

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++

Given Capello's obsession with tall men and DMs, I wont be surprised if we acquire two more DM's in January at the expense of Mutu and Del Piero. And we might even rotate the new DM's upfront with Trez and Ibra. :groan:
did you see my post in italian on page 58?

it says capello used the formation 4-3-2-1 and that it could be a very good solution to routate and take the maximum of our forwards..
DP, Mutu, Nedved and Camoranesi and may be even Zlatan can take the 2 places behind the trez.
a team must be variable and I think this could be a very useful formation for the future.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++

Believe it or not I watched both...

the bar was playing Milan on GOL TV and Juve on RAI International..

the Juve game was also five minutes behind...plus it was more exciting..Lazio did little the whole game..

By the way, anyone see Abbiati's backheel save....I don't think any Serie A keeper was ever that lucky...
Yeah, he was pretty lucky to save that....

Anyhow, Cong on the Milan game, man;)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++
In my mind if you have a Del Piero who is on-form and in mental shape (we all know his bouts of low morale can kill him) then no player on Juve comes close to him..not Nedved nor Ibra. I just can't believe the bullsh*t I read on these pages (esp. the Ascoli game thread) where so-called Juventini are arguing that HE should be benched...
WAKE UP..its the Del Piero's ...the Maldini's and the Shevchenko's that seperate MIlan and Juve from Inter....players that care...players playing for more than their paycheck..players who grew up in the team or arrived at a young age where they cried tears of joy and pain for the team .. players that at the end of the day care first about the team and second about their 'status'.
SAVE THE SPEECH.......

you're spot on, Nick....

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Maresca78 ] ++
I thougt all the time that Incuborosonero should be an enemy, but I changed my mind about him.
Reading his post was soo touchy....It's a shame that a Milanista over here can understand who's the real Dp is more than some closed minded ppl over here....

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Azzurri7 ] ++

Reading his post was soo touchy....It's a shame that a Milanista over here can understand who's the real Dp is more than some closed minded ppl over here....
I said that too bro, take a look at post 1146

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Cronios ] ++
Thats probably the only thing he could do to hurt my love for him,
i dont even wont to think about it,
he would never do such a thing...
Ofcoarse he'll never do such a thing....But we're saying (Incase).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)