[Serie A] Siena - Juventus (3 Viewers)

paulo

Aug 14, 2002
Other matches today...

Atalanta - Cagliari 2-2(A: Pazzini, Montolivo C: Esposito, Loria)

Malaga - Depor 1-1(M: Wanchope D: Tristan)
Real - Valencia 1-0(HT)(Owen)

Dortmund - Hamburger 0-2(Mpenza, Jarolim)
Hansa - Bayern 0-2(Sagnol, Scholl)
Kaiserslautern - Leverkusen 0-0
Bremen - Nurnberg 4-1(B: Klasnic, Micoud, Schulz, Ernst N: Mintal-pen)

Istres - Lyon 0-0
Paris - Ajaccio 1-0(Pancrate)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Ratings:

Buffon - Not a whole lot to do but produced when he was called upon. Brilliant save from point blank range in the first half. 6.5

Zebina - Solid. He didn't have a good start to the game but no Juve player did. He improved though and contributed down the right flank linking up with Camo, setting up DP's second goal, and not letting anyone get by him. 6.5

Thuram - Was in a spot of bother early on but played a good game. 6.5

Cannavaro - Great signing. Did well defensively and nearly scored on two occasions. 6.5

Zambrotta - One or two powerful runs down the left but not the Zambrotta I'm used to seeing. 6

Camoranesi - He has alot of critics around here nowadays but was very good. A threat in both halves. Played a nice through ball for DP to run on to and scored a good goal. 7

Emerson - He's such a crucial player in this team. The defence receives excellent cover from him as he reads the game well and wins alot of balls. His passing is so much better than Tacchinardi's and the other guys who have played in the anchor role for us in recent seasons. 7

Appiah - Quietly efficient. Appiah didn't do anything extraordinary but worked hard in midfield. His passing has improved from last season. 6

Nedved - Struggled throughout. Failed to make a positive impact, I'm sure he'll be back though. 5.5

Ibrahimovic - He can do alot better. Apart playing a crucial part in Del Piero's first goal he had very little to offer. Missed some quality chances. 5.5

Del Piero - Looked ready for the game in the first half with some nice touches and a good run but didn't see alot of the ball. Missed a one-on-one which he should have put away early in the second half but made up for that with two goals and an assist. His passing was impressive (nice visionary passes for Zlatan and Zebina in the second half). 7.5

Aug 26, 2003
hey ok, but IMO its really difficult for a young player like Chiumiento to shine against Juve, (also when they are leading and controlling the game)

ps: Palladino scored for Salernitan or?? but what i read he also missed a penalty! did Benjamin play?

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
Ratings:

Buffon - Not a whole lot to do but produced when he was called upon. Brilliant save from point blank range in the first half. 6.5

Zebina - Solid. He didn't have a good start to the game but no Juve player did. He improved though and contributed down the right flank linking up with Camo, setting up DP's second goal, and not letting anyone get by him. 6.5

Thuram - Was in a spot of bother early on but played a good game. 6.5

Cannavaro - Great signing. Did well defensively and nearly scored on two occasions. 6.5

Zambrotta - One or two powerful runs down the left but not the Zambrotta I'm used to seeing. 6

Camoranesi - He has alot of critics around here nowadays but was very good. A threat in both halves. Played a nice through ball for DP to run on to and scored a good goal. 7

Emerson - He's such a crucial player in this team. The defence receives excellent cover from him as he reads the game well and wins alot of balls. His passing is so much better than Tacchinardi's and the other guys who have played in the anchor role for us in recent seasons. 7

Appiah - Quietly efficient. Appiah didn't do anything extraordinary but worked hard in midfield. His passing has improved from last season. 6

Nedved - Struggled throughout. Failed to make a positive impact, I'm sure he'll be back though. 5.5

Ibrahimovic - He can do alot better. Apart from his assist for Del Piero he had very little to offer. Missed some quality chances. 5.5

Del Piero - Looked ready for the game in the first half with some nice touches and a good run but didn't see alot of the ball. Missed a one-on-one which he should have put away early in the second half but made up for that with two goals and an assist. His passing was impressive (nice visionary passes for Zlatan and Zebina in the second half). 7.5

It seems my marks are some 0.5 higher than yours ;)

++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
My ratings:

Buffon - 7.0
Didnt have a really hard job, but did what he had to perfectly, and had a wonder-save on Graffiedi, altho the Siena player was offside.

Zambrotta - 6.0
Wasnt really himself tonight, altho he was pretty solid, especially in defence. had only one or two goodruns down the flank tho. Good, but not great.

Cananavaro - 7.0
Very solid, has a perfect understanding with Thuram. An outstanding reinforcement for our defence. Also hit the post in the first half with a good header.

Thuram - 7.0
Same as Canna, very good, great in the air, removed most of the danger perfectly, and seemed all in all rock solid.

Zebina - 7.0
Very good game on the right flank, combined with Camoranesi well, and didnt make any major misstakes. Had an assist for Del Piero's second goal.

Appiah - 6.0
Didnt relly have a big impact on the game, solid passing, but no tackling presence like when Blasi plays.

Emerson - 7.5
One of the best players of the night if you ask me. Great vision, passing and ball control, didnt lose any balls, and distributed it very well. A real midfield general, capable of leading the team and organising it, both in offense and defense.

Camoranesi - 7.0
Had a solid game, lost less balls than he usually does, and had a few nice dribbles and passes, and also scored a goal.

Nedved - 5.5
Pretty invisible on the night, didnt really seem involved in the game, did nothing useful. Still, I'm glad at least that this proved that we can play well even without Neddy.

Zlatan - 5.5
Involved in the play, but struggeled to score. Had 3 or 4 good chances, especially a one on one with the keeper from the edge of the 5 yard box. Still, had one assist for Del Piero, so he was still productive. He needs much more time to adapt to Serie A.

Del Piero - 8
MoM. Played well in the first half, had a few nice dribbles, touches and passes, but didnt do anything concrete. Played better in the second half, was in the right place on two occasions and managed to score 2 goals, also had an assist for Camoranesi from a free kick.

Zalayeta - 5
Was pretty invisible, didnt do anything.

Kapo, Tacchinardi - no rating.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
@Zlatan: Yeah I agree with your ratings on the whole but I don't think Buffon had enough to do to get a 7 and if I could have I would have given Emerson 7.25 as he was just between 7 and 7.5 imo. I gave DP 7.5 as opposed to 8 because of the one on one he missed. I really think he should've scored that.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Yeah, I gave Buffon a 7 because of that fantastic save on Graffiedi, altho it was offside. That was great, unbeliavable reflexes.

Aug 26, 2003
Capello cool on Juve praise Saturday 23 October, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juve are marching ahead of the pack with another convincing victory, but Fabio Capello and Alex Del Piero claim they are nowhere near their peak.

“We are a good side,” commented the Coach after tonight’s 3-0 victory away to Siena, “who played well against a team that caused us a lot of problems.”

The Tuscans had the better of the first half and had a series of shots charged down before three goals in the space of ten minutes brought them to their knees.

“Juventus have real character and didn’t run any real risks after the second goal. I don’t mind if we don’t create all that many scoring opportunities, as long as we take the ones we have.”

Del Piero took two of them and created the third for Mauro Camoranesi in the captain’s first Serie A game since suffering an Achilles tendon injury three weeks ago.

“Del Piero just needed to find himself again,” assured Capello. “Tonight he did things he hasn’t done in a while and he was just looking for that spark.”

The Italian international himself was also pleased with his brace and Man of the Match status.

“Apart from the goals, which were a bit lucky, this performance was down to a marked improvement in my physical fitness,” he explained.

The forward hadn’t wanted to take part in this encounter as he feared his lack of sharpness would affect his play, as it had done in the Champions’ League clash with Bayern Munich midweek.

“I played because I don’t feel pain and was alright during training. The important thing is to be fully fit and form follows on from that, even if I’m not 100 per cent yet.”

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by simpson-juvefan ] ++
Juve are marching ahead of the pack with another convincing victory, but Fabio Capello and Alex Del Piero claim they are nowhere near their peak.
I like that attitude. I'm glad they're not saying "we're invincible, look at the way we're playing"

Aug 26, 2003
Back From The Dead
10/23/2004 10:49:00 PM
Who said Del Piero was finished! The Juventus number 10 featured his best form in months, scoring two goals, and assisting another in Juve’s 3-0 win at Siena.

Juve Hero Del Piero Feels He Can Still Improve
10/23/2004 11:28:00 PM
Two goals does not mean he’s in his best form yet. This is what Alessandro Del Piero had to say after he led the Bianconeri over Siena on Saturday evening.
”I think I surely made some steps forward compared to my last matches. I feel good and have no pain bothering me. But I don’t feel I’m 100% yet,” said Del Piero.

“Myself and Zlatan connected well, especially during the second half,” he added, referring to his attack partner Ibrahimovic.

Del Piero was previously labelled as ‘finished’ by almost everyone in the media and also by the majority of Juve fans after he had a terrible start to the season.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Darius, check out the sticky thread in the multimedia section, there's a bittorrent link to the full match there. Highlight videos aren't out just yet

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)