[Serie A] Siena - Juventus (3 Viewers)

Aug 1, 2003
Two goals by Del Piero

On the 7th matchday, Saturday night’s, Juventus beats Siena by a firm 3-0. The Bianconeri dominate on the field and gain three points thanks to a double goal by Del Piero and one by Camoranesi.

The Bianconeri kick off in attack, with Nedved assisting Ibrahimovic, who is eventually anticipated. Soon after, Siena goes for a series of offensive moves that, however, do not worry the Bianconeri’s defence. Except when Thuram clears promptly into the corner, taking the place of Buffon. Capello’s squad tries harder in attack, with actions taking place mainly in the flanks with Camoranesi and Zambrotta.
The best occasion for Juventus occurs after 37 minutes, with a cross pass by Zebina for Cannavaro’s head, who shoots wide of the post. A second chance comes two minutes later, with a cross shot by Camoranesi, forestalled into the corner. The Bianconeri become more dangerous in the last few minutes of the first half. After 42 minutes, Del Piero goes for a free kick from the edge of the penalty area but the ball is wide of the crossbar. On the 44’, it’s Ibrahimovic’s attempt to be wide of the net.
The second half starts with Siena substituting Camorani with Falsini, and Juventus more determined to break the tie and win the match. During the first 4 minutes into the second half, those who play hard at this aim are Cannavaro, with a header over the crossbar, Del Piero, who’s anticipated by Siena’s goalkeeper Fortin and Ibrahimovic who shoots wide of the net from a favourable position. The deserved winning goal for the Bianconeri comes 8 minutes later, and it’s scored by Del Piero. The action begins on the right wing where Zebina, one of the best players on the pitch tonight, shoots for Ibrahimovic’s head; when the ball passes in front of the home squad’s net here it comes Del Piero who successfully shoots in (0-1). Siena tries to react, in vain; first Buffon, then Zambrotta, neutralize Siena’s two attempts in attack. On the 15’ it’s the captain again who scores the second goal for Juventus.
It’s still the same actors who play the action: from the right wing Zebina serves Ibrahimovic who touches the ball eventually intercepted by Del Piero who, with a right-footed shot, beats Fortin. It’s 0-2. Capello’s squad is relentless and scores the third goal, when Camoranesi nods in on a free kick by Del Piero. Simoni makes use of all the subtitutions at his disposal, fielding Chiumento and Flo, while Juventus replaces Ibrahimovic with Zalayeta and Del Piero with Kapo. Eventually Tacchinardi subtitutes Appiah, who has successfully held the midfield together with Emerson. Juventus, thanks to this win, is still alone on top of the ranking.

---

am very happy Del Piero scores, that benefits us all. I hope Zlatan scores more now with Del Piero :)

44BigBert

Aug 20, 2004
++ [ originally posted by m_elayyan ] ++
Good performance by juve in the second half ,since things were not going our way in the first half .

Best player of the match in my openion is not dp although he was better than normal but is CAMORANESE he moved a lot and created a lot of chances for other player plus scoring a wonderful goal.
Worst player as always is ZLATAN this guy need to be benched for a long time until he can first pass to other players or learn how to shoot by head or foot:(
agree !!!
zlatan still need to learn more to play in serie A, he must pass the ball more often. and he seems lost his confidence on scoring recently. last night he should have scored on the great chance with only goalkeeper to beat.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by sehnsucht79 ] ++
Not really. World Soccer's Italy correspondent Paddy Agnew thinks that the Scudetto is Juve's priority and the CL comes in second, meanwhile Milan's priority is exactly the opposite of ours.
Really? That doesn't really make sense to me, since Juve has won the scudetto more recently than the Champions League. Especially after coming so close on so many occasions, and most recently in light of Nedved's comments :touched: I thought we were gunning for the CL (even though of course we're going to try to win everything ;))

I personally would rather win the CL. It's more prestigious and we look a bit silly having won so many domestic championships but so few CL's :(

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
I agree with gray.. I don't think that juve's priority is the serie A.. maybe that correspondent put it wrong.. our top priority is the CL as always..

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
i thought the match was today!!

so imagine how happy i felt when i went to juventus.com and saw that we won 3-0 and 2 goals from il capitano!!!!!!!!!!!

now......BRING US ROMA TO KICK THEIR ASSES!! :fero:

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
I personally would rather win the CL. It's more prestigious and we look a bit silly having won so many domestic championships but so few CL's :(
i would rather like Cl too gray!!
i bet we would all like that,but i also think that nedved would like that more than ANY of us.

we can LET milan win the scudetto,and we can win the CL....

OR,because we are better than milan,we can win both! ;)

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
i know :down:

but we are determined and strong,and we'll get stronger...

want a better motive?
we are JUVENTUS
we know how to make football miracles! :angel:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)