[Serie A] Siena - Juventus (2 Viewers)

May 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by paulo ] ++

Unfortunately I haven't seen any but looking at their past couple of seasons they don't look that different now... they have a great Adriano, loads of new great players like Veron and Davids...but then again they sold Canna and are really struggling in the back....It seems this scenario repeats itself every season...they always look really strong but ultimately, they don't have what it takes and fail. I don't see why this season should be any different, despite Manicini, new players and all. But I could be wrong...:D
IFFFFF ( i say IFFF) we dont win serie A, then i hope Inter win's it, and thats ONLY because my big brother is Inter fan..
but as i said.. ONLY IF!!

Forza Juventus...!

Buy on AliExpress.com

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Very good solid performance i heard. Nicee i hoped that ALEX scores and he granted my wish, twiceee.

Now we will have to think about the roma match , and don't worry about the other matches and being on top of the ladder. If we keep these performances up we wont even need to look at other matches.

forzaaa juveee

paulo

Aug 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Juve_Kosova ] ++

IFFFFF ( i say IFFF) we dont win serie A, then i hope Inter win's it, and thats ONLY because my big brother is Inter fan..
but as i said.. ONLY IF!!

Forza Juventus...!
If:D

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Siena 0 - 3 Juventus
Del Piero 53, 60 (J), Camoranesi 63 (J)

Alessandro Del Piero has put his injury woe behind him with a well-taken brace to sink a determined Siena side.

Del Piero claimed he wouldn't start a match until he regained full fitness, but he partnered Zlatan Ibrahimovic at the Stadio Artemio Franchi. Stephen Appiah replaced the injured Manuele Blasi in midfield.

Siena have struggled to get goals this season and had a tough task to take on the Serie A leaders, but their Coach was an old hand at taking on Juventus. Gigi Simoni was in charge of Inter in 1998, when a controversial penalty effectively handed the title to the Turin giants.

The home side had the first real chance after two minutes, but Davide Nicola only scuffed his volley from a promising position. Fabio Pecchia's cross then almost reached Mattia Graffied for a tap-in at the back post, but he slid in a little too late.

Juve hit back, but efforts from Mauro Camoranesi and Ibrahimovic were easily dealt with, then the Swede pounced on Argilli's error only to balloon over the bar from seven yards.

Mauro Camoranesi's backpass put Lilian Thuram in a tricky situation when two Siena players converged on him, but the World Cup winner was able to clear.

The Tuscans were surprisingly aggressive and Gianluigi Buffon performed a difficult save on Chiesa's inswinging corner kick. On 35 minutes the goalkeeper was at full stretch for another one-handed reaction save as Graffiedi was clear from eight yards, even though the move was later halted for an offside position.

The Bianconeri were finding it hard to get shots on goal, but soon after Fabio Cannavaro nodded a corner kick on to the outside of the near post. Del Piero curled a free kick not far over the bar, while Ibrahimovic chested down a pass and thumped his volley off target.

Siena were forced into a substitution at half-time, as Alfonso Camorani replaced the injured Gianluca Falsini, moving Davide Nicola to that left-back role.

Cannavaro was giving the defence real problems on set-pieces and got another header at the back post. Then Del Piero ran on to Camoranesi's through ball and hit it straight at Marco Fortin with only the goalkeeper to beat.

Ibrahimovic was having a terrible game and wasted another golden opportunity on Stephen Appiah's cross, controlling it well before ballooning it over the bar.

However, Juve eventually broke through on 53 minutes. Fortin parried Ibrahimovic's diving header on a Jonathan Zebina cross, but he could do nothing on Del Piero's follow-up from five yards. It was an important confidence booster for the captain, in his first Serie A appearance since suffering an Achilles tendon problem three weeks ago.

Siena hit back and Chiesa's volley was charged down by Thuram and almost into the path of Graffiedi, while from the resulting corner Di Donato nodded wide.

Chiesa, Graffiedi and Camorani again saw two shots blocked by some desperate Juventus defending, as Cannavaro and Gianluca Zambrotta literally flung themselves at their opponents.

But they left themselves open to the counter-attack and Del Piero struck again with a control and volley on another Zebina cross from the right. His finish went through Fortin's legs and was perfectly placed.

Not content with scoring two, Del Piero then turned goal provider for Mauro Camoranesi. His powerful free kick was redirected into the top corner by the Italian international's glancing header to sink Siena.

Siena introduced creative midfielder Davide Chiumiento, who is a youth product on loan from Juventus. Marcelo Zalayeta also replaced Ibrahimovic so he can rest ahead of Thursday's clash with Roma.

The home side refused to give in and Chiesa put in a great pass for Chiumiento, who fired a weak effort into the grateful arms of Buffon.

Zebina was running wild out on the right and his cross was redirected towards his own net by Bruno Cirillo, but Fortin recovered for a good save.

Siena: Fortin; Cirillo, Portanova, Argilli, Falsini (Camorani 46); Nicola, Pecchia (Flo 74), Du Donato, Vergassola; Graffiedi (Chiumiento 65), Chiesa

Juventus: Buffon; Zebina, Thuram, Cannavaro, Zambrotta; Camoranesi, Emerson, Appiah (Tacchinardi 85), Nedved; Ibrahimovic (Zalayeta 67), Del Piero (Kapo 78)

Ref: Bertini

channel4.com

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
My ratings:

Buffon - 7.0
Didnt have a really hard job, but did what he had to perfectly, and had a wonder-save on Graffiedi, altho the Siena player was offside.

Zambrotta - 6.0
Wasnt really himself tonight, altho he was pretty solid, especially in defence. had only one or two goodruns down the flank tho. Good, but not great.

Cananavaro - 7.0
Very solid, has a perfect understanding with Thuram. An outstanding reinforcement for our defence. Also hit the post in the first half with a good header.

Thuram - 7.0
Same as Canna, very good, great in the air, removed most of the danger perfectly, and seemed all in all rock solid.

Zebina - 7.0
Very good game on the right flank, combined with Camoranesi well, and didnt make any major misstakes. Had an assist for Del Piero's second goal.

Appiah - 6.0
Didnt relly have a big impact on the game, solid passing, but no tackling presence like when Blasi plays.

Emerson - 7.5
One of the best players of the night if you ask me. Great vision, passing and ball control, didnt lose any balls, and distributed it very well. A real midfield general, capable of leading the team and organising it, both in offense and defense.

Camoranesi - 7.0
Had a solid game, lost less balls than he usually does, and had a few nice dribbles and passes, and also scored a goal.

Nedved - 5.5
Pretty invisible on the night, didnt really seem involved in the game, did nothing useful. Still, I'm glad at least that this proved that we can play well even without Neddy.

Zlatan - 5.5
Involved in the play, but struggeled to score. Had 3 or 4 good chances, especially a one on one with the keeper from the edge of the 5 yard box. Still, had one assist for Del Piero, so he was still productive. He needs much more time to adapt to Serie A.

Del Piero - 8
MoM. Played well in the first half, had a few nice dribbles, touches and passes, but didnt do anything concrete. Played better in the second half, was in the right place on two occasions and managed to score 2 goals, also had an assist for Camoranesi from a free kick.

Zalayeta - 5
Was pretty invisible, didnt do anything.

Kapo, Tacchinardi - no rating.

paulo

Aug 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Bartolino ] ++
I think with Buffon, Thuram & Canna we will not get many goals against.
Best defense in the world

FORZA JUVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's right!!:thumb::cool:

Aug 26, 2003
oh great!!! We won and Del Piero scored twice, and also Kapo got some playing time!!!

IMO it was not more than a must win, and thats ok!!! I hope we continue like this and win against Roma!!!

Forza Juve!!!

neath_lad

Jun 25, 2004
at the start of the season i didnt expect us to be doing this well, but we are top of the league only drawn 1 game, won 3/3 in the champ league and havnt conceeded a goal in that competition.

i was concerned when we bought canna because his form wasnt good at inter but now wow!!!!! inter must be so angry letting him go because he is doing so good for their rival side:D.

now i have got sky so i can watch almost all juve games for the first time in 5 years..........HEAVEN!!!!!!!!!

FORZA JUVE FOREVER

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Great!

Forza Juve!
Forza Alex!
Forza Capello!

We're first,only 2 goals conceded,scored 15.
Let's hope Milan draw with Inter or Inter finally win it.

Now enjoy yourself with some dancing stuff from Benny Benassi....:cool:

YEAH!

'night everyone,see ya tommorow....

"GRANDE LA JUVE"!!!!:cool:

Aug 26, 2003
Del Piero Brace Downs Siena
10/23/2004 10:39:00 PM
Alessandro Del Piero performed possibly his best performance of the past year to lead Juventus over a battling Siena side on Saturday evening.
The 3-0 Bianconero triumph is a harsh punishment for Gigi Simoni’s Siena as the homeside gave an extremely hard time to Capello’s troops until Del Piero netted his second of the evening in the 60th minute.

The opening moments of the match belonged to Siena, that however were unable to get one clear shot-off on goal despite their superiority.

Then Juve began taking the run of play over, and only a couple of incredible misses by Ibrahmovic kept the score level.

The story-line totally changed right at the start of the second half. Siena looked tired, and Juventus simply overwhelmed them.

After another incredible miss by Ibrahimovic, the lead finally arrived when Del Piero picked up Siena keeper Fortin’s save of an Ibra header and sent the ball home from short range.

Just seven minutes later Del Piero clinched his precious brace as he met a Zebina cross and sent it under Fortin’s legs and into the back of the net.

Another three minutes of play and Juve’s joy transformed into jubilation as Camoranesi rose to head a Del Piero free kick for his side’s third of the evening.

Juventus now have nineteen points in the table thanks to their astounding record of eight wins and one draw.

On Thursday evening Capello’s side will be looking to extend their magical moment when they face rivals AS Roma in the Delle Alpi.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)