[Serie A] Sampdoria 3-2 JUVENTUS [November 19th 2017] (12 Viewers)

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
First goal -> Bernardeschi does a number to assist Zapata -_- instead of clearing offering the gol.
Second goal -> good one none's mistake. He shoot from 35meters away from the net.
Third goal -> poor defending in general.

I knew we wouldn't win in Genova but I expected at least a draw!!!
Side comment.... what a horrible pitch!!! I mean do they even have gardeners?
Second goal 35 metres what? He shot from just outside the box with Pjanic watching and enjoying.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I can't remember the last time I have seen such a broken Juventus, we look like the pre-Conte era if not worse. We played a below average first half wasting a lot of chances that we should have scored but continued to play in that nonchalant manner throughout the entire first half. Not only nonchalant but very much energy consuming, we put an effort on everything we do, forced passes, forced runs where some players have to sprint to recover balls or attempts. All our game plan is spontaneous and is left to either chance or individual brilliance. Then we go into the second half doing the exact same thing against a Sampdoria that has been resting for 45 minutes, that was no surprise that they will run circles around us, they will out speed us and out muscle us and they deservedly went three goals up. I can't remember the last time were able to chase a game and make come backs, we seem to continue doing the same thing over and over again even if it's not working.

Keeper 5

Lichtsteiner 4
Rugani 4
Chiellini 4.5
Asamoah 3.5

Khedira 4
Pjanic 4.5

Cuadrado 3
Bernardeschi 4
Mandzukic 3.5

Higuain 4.5

Dybala 5
Douglas Costa 5
Matuidi N.R
How was Cuadrado worse than Asamoah?

GIGIthebest

Jul 25, 2014
I see one problem with starting Douglas Costa, although he clearly needs to bench Mandzuki, but I don't want him on thenLW since he is so much better as a RW. I get the feeling allegri will still force him at RW, unless, and I hope this is possible, Cuadrado can move to the LW. Also, 4-3-3 might be a better formation, we need more balance and more men in the midfield, marchisio-Pjanic-matuidi would be good.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
I see one problem with starting Douglas Costa, although he clearly needs to bench Mandzuki, but I don't want him on thenLW since he is so much better as a RW. I get the feeling allegri will still force him at RW, unless, and I hope this is possible, Cuadrado can move to the LW. Also, 4-3-3 might be a better formation, we need more balance and more men in the midfield, marchisio-Pjanic-matuidi would be good.
We definitely need more men in midfield. The nonchalant pair of Pjanic and Khedira gets overrun by even al average teams.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
How about you overwhelm us with your own ratings where you rate Cuadrado better than Asamoah?
I asked your logic behind your ratings, other peeps rating are irrelevant, I generally agree with most of your ratings there, but i just don't understand yr rating on Cuads, Asamoah and Pjanic.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
We have had so many poor performances this season and last season we somehow were able to get away with being average but it seems the level has increased this season in the league and can no longer just show up to games giving 75% to win matches

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
What do you expect when Cuadrado shoots from an impossible angle instead of passing. I mean an own goal by Samp was more likely there than a goal from that stupid shot.

And then when it's still 1-0, we go on a counter, 2 vs 1. What doesn Higuain do? Tries to dribble instead of passing to an absolutely free Cuadrado.

These two episodes are why we lose these games: overthinking and absolutely zero clutchness.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Drastic step. However when you look at how Sarri has given Napoli an identity and Allegri has no stamp at all on this team
Allegri has not been helped by the management if we have to be honest.

I wouldn't sack him mid season unless we are going to miss out on top 4 then I would consider a change of coach necessary but at least let him see the season out

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
14 goals conceded by mid November :lol:

Usually we average in the low 20's in the league. Embarrassing.
So true too many goals conceded by Juve but on pace to score 100+ serie goals. Most in last 6 Scudetto winning seasons has been 80. Max does have to tighten up the defense but I think getting the most out the offensive weapons at hand can/hopefully will offset 30+ goals being scored against them this season. Not scoring that 1st goal hurt so much today especially having the better of play.

Samp even with a 2-0 lead continued the pressure in Juve's half instead of playing not to lose. Juve scores that 1st goal today and I believe it would have been an easy 2 goal win today ..... if of course Max tells his players to continue looking for more goals.

Score enough goals to offset one bad defensive play. I believe new how to win philosophy of going for a decisive win needs to be instituted along probably with a new formation to counter MF issues more than backline ones.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Didnt watch the game but saw a youtube highlights and we seemed to have some shaky defense as usual but we were very unlucky from what I have seen
Mandzukic missed some, Cuadrado could have scored twice but missed one and the other he just didnt control the ball.
Didnt quite understand what the penalty was given for but Dybala`s finish was class

How did Torreira play (beside the goal)?
Maybe we should consider him and play him in midfield to support Khedira/Marchisio and Pjanic

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
So true too many goals conceded by Juve but on pace to score 100+ serie goals. Most in last 6 Scudetto winning seasons has been 80. Max does have to tighten up the defense but I think getting the most out the offensive weapons at hand can/hopefully will offset 30+ goals being scored against them this season. Not scoring that 1st goal hurt so much today especially having the better of play.

Samp even with a 2-0 lead continued the pressure in Juve's half instead of playing not to lose. Juve scores that 1st goal today and I believe it would have been an easy 2 goal win today ..... if of course Max tells his players to continue looking for more goals.

Score enough goals to offset one bad defensive play. I believe new how to win philosophy of going for a decisive win needs to be instituted along probably with a new formation to counter MF issues more than backline ones.
3-5-2 formation

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)