[SERIE A] Roma 1-4 JUVENTUS (March 21st/09) week-29 (2 Viewers)

Man of the Match

• Buffon

• Grygera

• Mellberg

• Chiellini

• Molinaro

• Salihamidzic

• Tiago

• Poulsen

• Giovinco

• Del Piero

• Iaquinta

• Nedved

Results are only viewable after voting.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Starting to put your financial chart analysis skills to good use, I see. :D

Roma has a lot of injuries, and they've been plagued by that all season. But nothing that would explain the complete collapse and crumble we saw out there today.

When's the last honest time you've seen us take apart Roma 4-1 on their own turf?

We have our injuries too. But chalking up their performance problems to a handful of injuries, after having that same squad go through to the CL knockout rounds, suggests something beyond just the injuries du jour.
Oh please.

1. Roma's entire team was out. It was not a handful of injuries. Check their squad list before you say something like that, because it quite simply isn't true.

2. It's not as if we destroyed Roma. In fact we were rather lucky to score the second, the third was from a corner and the fourth looked like a fluke. All in all we should be happy, but that's it.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Oh c'mon now...

but we had Mellberg,Poulsen and Iaquinta.Trezeguet was there,it's not my fault Ranieri didn't give him a chance.

Roma were without Juan,De Rossi,Motta,Cassetti,Cicinho,Aquilani,Perotta,Pizarro and Totti but they had to use Tonetto on the right,Loria who's awful and freakin' Filipe.Not to mention their bench with 5 Primavera players.
Exactly. Saying they had the same problems as we did is insane.

Jun 13, 2007
1. Yes, Roma did miss their entire team practically, so it's no really fair.

2. We weren't lucky, Roma couldn't create a decent attack all game while we were firing at will. It could have ended with a much heavier scoreline in my opinion.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
:touched:

Oh please.

1. Roma's entire team was out. It was not a handful of injuries. Check their squad list before you say something like that, because it quite simply isn't true.

2. It's not as if we destroyed Roma. In fact we were rather lucky to score the second, the third was from a corner and the fourth looked like a fluke. All in all we should be happy, but that's it.
I think you missed my match report.

Mar 30, 2006
Oh please.

The second was lucky but the rest were good goals imo. Iaquintas first was nice, mellberg had a great header and Nedved stuck his shot beautifully.

Roma were extremely weak today. But we knew that going into the game. And even with so many injuries their squad is still better than Bologna's was last week. I am happy.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
To their defense, Roma was forced to field a team with no midfield today,
this is esp bad for them, since the midfield is their strong point. Lacking Totti, De Rossi, Taddei, Pizarro, Aquilani, Perrotta can be a pain...
They could probably handle the same amount of injuries scattered around their team, but not in their mid line, alone...
Their defense was also pretty affected by the injuries and they had to field Loria,
that is of minor importance, but if it also adds to their great problem.

It was expected to dominate the midfield and the game. Therefore we cannot really judge the tactics applied by Spalletti, because he simply lacked the tools to apply them. The difference of quality and teamwork was so big, it was no contest.
I was actually amazed to see us struggle, as much as they did in the first 30'
We eventually have found our rythm and realized the inevitable.
Generally i agree with Jacks's ratings, they are spot on!

But i have to point out smth, at the first 30' when we committing one mistake after another, when our defense was nervous/rigid, our midfield lacked cohesion and patience, our forwards were only rushing ineffectively. We couldnt even deliver one decent pass out there and even Giovinco has problems to control the ball.
There was just one man out there, who has kept his coolness, he has been precise, methodic and effective both defensively and offensively.
He recovered many lost balls and set up many counter attacks. He hold the ball when everybody else was to rushed to hold it and contributed with ease and clear mind. That was Poulsen and he kept that pace constantly till the very end.
Therefore, he is my MoM
Iaquinta scored the goals, but he also was erratic at times, not as consistent as Poulsen
Giovinco added the spark and the decisive assist, but he was not the difference maker as the game against Chelsea, he was also mistake prone as most of our players and they wouldnt have kept it together, without the calmness and the guidance of Poulsen.
Chiellini and Mellberg were also solid rock, but there role in the game was less important and a reason for that, was Poulsen's coverage...

I am only sad that God has denied Poulsen the fact to show the 4 fingers to Totti, just like Totti has done in the past...

And a few last notes;
-DP wasnt bad, he made some brilliant touches out there and tried to create, rather than finish. The goals he scored at the previous game gave him piece and he is now again for the benefit of our team, rather his own scoring...
-I dont blame CR for subbing out Gio, it could happen later, but he looked kind of tired, he run a lot and we needed someone who could defend better, after all, we had a two goal lead and Neddy is not that bad offensively when he is rested, as he proved right away...
But i think that he should sub in Treze, at least a few moments, just to ease the tense between them...

I really enjoy Juve using short, swift passes and possession football,
this is the tactical Juve i fell in love with!! I hope to see more of that and against more competitive opponents...

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
on a totally different note:

that revolving birds view camera in the stadium is fantastic.

I hope they include that in the new stadium that's being built.

Feb 6, 2009
We looked in control for majority of the match. Iaquinta's 1st goal was good as the 2nd with the header. Roma were decimated but we had our fair share of injuries aswell. We are in really good form even with our injuries.:flag:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Some things are really hard to explain.

For example:
1. Grygera scored 2 goals for Juve since he started playing for us. He scored them on two different matches, but against the same team, Genoa. What's even more interesting, on both these matches he also assisted one more goal.

2. Poulsen has 2 assists this season. The two assists were made on two different matches, but against the same team, Napoli. He assisted our only goal in Naples, and he also assisted our only goal in Turin.

3. Mellberg scored 2 goals for Juve. One against Lazio and one against Roma. At first glance it doesn't look strange, but he scored these two goals on the same stadium (Olimpico in Rome), on the same goal and after a corner kick being taken from the same side.

Scarry, he? :D

mondo1

May 14, 2006
Some things are really hard to explain.

For example:
1. Grygera scored 2 goals for Juve since he started playing for us. He scored them on two different matches, but against the same team, Genoa. What's even more interesting, on both these matches he also assisted one more goal.

2. Poulsen has 2 assists this season. The two assists were made on two different matches, but against the same team, Napoli. He assisted our only goal in Naples, and he also assisted our only goal in Turin.

3. Mellberg scored 2 goals for Juve. One against Lazio and one against Roma. At first glance it doesn't look strange, but he scored these two goals on the same stadium (Olimpico in Rome), on the same goal and after a corner kick being taken from the same side.

Scarry, he? :D
it's even more scarry that u know these stats:lol:

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
I am joyful to roll out of bed and find this result with these reports. My beloved Gills went down 3-0 to the might of grimsby yesterday, and as my internet credit is running dangerously low, I couldn't watch the Juve game online, so I dowsed the flames of lucidity with a new bag of aussie bud, then got stuck into the first two dvds of season one 24...which was wicked...but I got so mashed that when the time came to check the result, my movement range extended only as far as the DVD and TV remotes, not to the craptop.

Still, I am catching up now, and by all reports, we got what was expected of us, when playing against basically the reserve Roma team. Yes, its true that we have injuries also, but we are in a recovery phase, unlike Roma who are in the depths of real misery with all their most vital players injured or suspended for this match.

I have only seen the goals, so am gauging the rest of the match by the C4 report and the reports from you folks on here...

Its encouraging to read that Gio played OK, as well as having a hand in two of our goals...Also, Poulsen seems to have had one of his finest games in a Juve shirt...Is he looking like a decent player now*** Fit and more confident****

And how solid are you all feeling with Mellberg playing in Legro's place*** More or less secure than when we have God's own favourite centre half partnering our diavalo in defence***

1-4 is a sound result. It keeps the pressure on Inter, who will likely heavily pound Reggina today...I hope that Napoli can take points off Milan, making our 2nd position in the table more certain.

Forza Juve

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Buffon was solid, made 2 great saves
Grygera was good in the 1st half, disappeared in the 2nd...defended well though
Chiellini was SENSATIONAL
Olof was solid, scored an excellent and vital goal
Molinaro was also great
Poulsen was MAGNIFICENT...a real calming presence in MF
Tiago was crap, as always
Sali was not bad, could have done better
Giovinco was awesome...got roughed up quite a bit but still created a lot
Alex was well, ALEX
Iaquinta was deadly, 2 superb goals

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)