[SERIE A] Roma 1-4 JUVENTUS (March 21st/09) week-29 (2 Viewers)

Man of the Match

• Buffon

• Grygera

• Mellberg

• Chiellini

• Molinaro

• Salihamidzic

• Tiago

• Poulsen

• Giovinco

• Del Piero

• Iaquinta

• Nedved

Results are only viewable after voting.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
:lol:

You, my friend, are a pathetic and bitter little man. We've just won 4-1 in Rome and this is what you have to say about today's game? Granted, everything wasn't perfect tonight and Roma were weak, but how about just ONE word of appreciation to the players performance tonight?
icεmαή;1937150 said:
He's not supposed to... If he does, the world, as we know today, will come to an end...
I referenced Swag's game report, so stop jumping to conclusions like a bunch of 8 year olds

:lol:

look at the facts. sali made one bad pass the entire game!! 52 accurate passes, the second most in our team behind poulsen

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/serie-a/2008-2009/roma-juventus-245455.html
looks to me like yahoo Ireland is still celebrating St. Patricks Day because those numbers are off

I saw that clown miss more than just one pass, a conservative guess would be 5 or 6 (there was more than that)

I dont even believe he touched the ball 52 times....and most ppl here agree, he had a shit game

Oh please.

1. Roma's entire team was out. It was not a handful of injuries. Check their squad list before you say something like that, because it quite simply isn't true.

2. It's not as if we destroyed Roma. In fact we were rather lucky to score the second, the third was from a corner and the fourth looked like a fluke. All in all we should be happy, but that's it.
unlike some of you, Seven gets it :tup:

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #563
    I don't think any team has ever had such a full treatment table like Roma did today. It was inevitable they will crumble like this with 9-10 players out injured.
    We had the same numbers of injured players at times(most of the times actually). We also had to play tougher matches in CL without too many of our stars, still we managed to do something.

2. It's not as if we destroyed Roma. In fact we were rather lucky to score the second, the third was from a corner and the fourth looked like a fluke. All in all we should be happy, but that's it.
    What you on Andries? We dominated the 2nd half completely and we were better in the first half.

As for the goals, well I guess marking, covering well and defending in general are part of the game no? Had we scored one goal then yeah, I would agree with you pretty much. But we were good to say the least.

Did everybody listened how Drughi didnt stopped singing and they were the loudest on the stadium FORZA JUVE!!!
    The "Ole's" was something.

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #564
    Another thing, are we(some of us) trying not to give credits to our team/players/coach just because Roma had 10 missing players tonight?

And when we draw or loose playing without our key players and absent ones we bash the team?

I think next time we should refuse or abandon this match because Roma had 10 players suspended/injured and it would be shameful to play against them when they're in difficulties.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
    Another thing, are we(some of us) trying not to give credits to our team/players/coach just because Roma had 10 missing players tonight?

And when we draw or loose playing without our key players and absent ones we bash the team?

I think next time we should refuse or abandon this match because Roma had 10 players suspended/injured and it would be shameful to play against them when they're in difficulties.
    Right on!!
    Some here are too over critical IMO. We're in the second year after promotion and we've been always in the top 3 so far. I'm not satisfied before we lift a trophy but I'm not gonna bash Ranieri or our team at every chance.

I felt sorry for Roma today, because even though we were plagued with injuries for longer periods than Roma, we just didn't get the kind of luck Roma had against us. I mean, plenty of injured players, plus suspended key players in De Rossi and Pizzaro...thats just bad.

But we still have to praise our team for going out there and winning it, we dominated the match like I expected us to, and we got a win from a large margin. It's not like we're playing against 8-men here. 4-1 win is still good.

Mar 24, 2006
    Hmmm . . . what's the point to feel sorry to our rival ?
    did you guys read what was Baptista Vaffanculo alleging on us before the game ? Fvck him and now he can soap his words before !
    we took an advantages from their own sakes , they had more than half dozen injured players and 4 suspended players ? SO WHAT ? do our rival also feel sorry for us when we were lost a dozen of our players back to few months ago ? NO
    we weren't even get our strongest 11 back yesterday and still had Molinaro or Grygera in our back .

we must keep such on this spirit againts our every rival , and shift to top gear fierce anger againts merda in the next coming week .

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
    Juventus win 4-1,and some people are STILL whining?:lol:

I dont care if Roma had to field an entire team of 5 year olds out there.Its a 4-1 win,in Rome.The team loses,people whine,the team draws,people whine,the team wins,people whine.You toss all the positives away,and go back to what you've done since Ranieri took over.I dont really care if Ranieri molested anyone's sister or something,but the what you read around here suggests that he probably molsested someone's sister and gave her aids too.

Please read this slowly,and very carefully : Grow Up.

Huzi

Oct 9, 2002
    Juventus win 4-1,and some people are STILL whining?:lol:

I dont care if Roma had to field an entire team of 5 year olds out there.Its a 4-1 win,in Rome.The team loses,people whine,the team draws,people whine,the team wins,people whine.You toss all the positives away,and go back to what you've done since Ranieri took over.I dont really care if Ranieri molested anyone's sister or something,but the what you read around here suggests that he probably molsested someone's sister and gave her aids too.

Please read this slowly,and very carefully : Grow Up.
    Nothing more to say :tup:

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

The highlight of the whole match were close up shots of Totti in the stands, after we scored the first and third goals. :howler:

SABSAB

Snoop Stinks
    Dec 10, 2008
    - I'm starting to like Giovinco's role. I don't think we should play him behind the strikers. Reason: Without a player like him in the Middle, we are forced to push Del Piero back, therefore, I like his position and we play nice football with both of them.

- I disagree with Greg, I think Ale deserves at least 6, he looked pretty fast today, even though he didn't score he was involved pretty much for the entire 90min. Pushed back to the middle when needed, and had an assist. Decent game I say.

Buffon 6.5

Grygera 5
    Mellberg 7
    Chiellini 7
    Molinaro 6

Tiago 5
    Poulsen 7.5 :star:
    Salihamidzic 6
    Giovinco 6.5

Del Piero 6.5
    Iaquinta 7

Pavel Nedved:touched:
    :agree: nothing to add:tup:

Guardian

Dec 28, 2005
    vlatko, did you see Modric goal vs Chelsea? :D Nice goal!

Back to the game, Roma had many injured and suspended players, but Juve were not in better position: Legro, Sissoko, Camo, Marchisio, Amauri, Trez, De Ceglie, Manninger were all out and having Nedved, Marchioni, Zebina and Knezevic not fully match fit yet, so the Romans have nothing to complain about. Plus almost all their first team players are very experienced players, so Spalletti should stop bitching around with excuses.

To be honest I was very angry with Roma's equalizer, especially when it was scored by Loria, who isn't one of Serie A finest players exactly, but that was a good wake-up call for Juventus players who probably thought that Roma were broken down and they could win it without putting much effort.

IQ man of the match, no doubt. Good words for Buffon, Mellberg, Giorgio and Poulsen. And of course for the always flying in the sky Molinaro.

Brixity

Feb 8, 2006
    I was very pleased watching this game yesterday. Like at times when we were keeping posseson in midfield and passing the ball around with the Juve fans screaming "Ole" on each pass. As much as I love having Momo in the midfield, I just hate the sinking feelng that comes with him bringing the ball upfront and just needing to make an accurate pass going foward. Not even a creative pass...just a accurate one

Sep 14, 2003
    At this point of the season, it is futile to discuss the team's problems as long as we keep winning, and that's exactly what we're doing right now.

Quit going on about Roma absentees, the record will forever show a 1-4 victory. Sweet!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)