[Serie A] Roma 1-3 JUVENTUS, August 30th 2009 (1 Viewer)

Man of the match

• Buffon

• Grygera

• De Ceglie

• Chiellini

• Cannavaro

• Marchisio

• Tiago

• Felipe Melo

• Amauri

• Diego

• Iaquinta

Results are only viewable after voting.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Yeh, and this is why im so happy. When the news of Juventus selling zidane to madrid arrived i was devastated and angry.
But after years i feel like having this kind of player we sorely missed in the last decade.
man I was barking that all the years, all we needed was an AM! Now we got the one of the best around

Fuck Secco! :weee:

Buy on AliExpress.com
Mar 14, 2004
I totally agree with him though.
I disagree,at least with Amauri. The guy actually WANTED the goal and has done everything in his power to get it. Trez actually waits for a goal to come to him and feels it's not the end of the world if it doesn't. A big difference. 7+ for trying today and doing a million little things that come by unnoticed :)

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
I saw an interview of Melo on controcampo and he started crying and his voice was breaking, he said it was an extremely emotional time/game for him, and that God truly exists in his eyes. He said this as yesterday his grandmother died, and he knows she is in a better place, and he dedicated this game to her. He was really emotional.

Grande Melo :)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Question - would you give Diego's second goal as an assist to anyone statistically, Iaquinta, whoever made the through ball, or his own work?

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Question - would you give Diego's second goal as an assist to anyone statistically, Iaquinta, whoever made the through ball, or his own work?
Diego's second goal was really down to his own brilliant play but I thought Iaquinta's cheeky little flick deserved an assist

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Just two requests if possible before anything

1- Sometimes we should add Team-work and Ciro to the MoM thing. Both Diego and Melo were outstanding tonight but sometimes it's more about team work and I think Ciro was out of this world with his subs, tactics and of course formation. So adding Team work/Ciro would be nice not to discredit any other player when we play great.

2- For god's sake, when are we going to stop the comparisons? Diego can be better than Nedved, Melo reminds me of this player and so on? Why can't some of you discuss how we did today where we should improve what went wrong instead of comparing players and turning this into one silly discussion?

Anyway, I'm happy with our performance tonight, still feeling sad that we conceded such a goal. This reminds me of Chelsea's equalizer in Turin when Buffon was miles and miles infront of his goal. But all in all, I'm happy.

Buffon 6

Grygera 6.5
Cannavaro 7
Chiellini 6.5
De Ceglie 5.5

Marchisio 5.5
Tiago 5.5
Melo 7

Diego 7.5
Amauri 6
Iaquinta 5.5

Ciro 8:star:, everything he did tonight was perfect.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Just two requests if possible before anything

1- Sometimes we should add Team-work and Ciro to the MoM thing. Both Diego and Melo were outstanding tonight but sometimes it's more about team work and I think Ciro was out of this world with his subs, tactics and of course formation. So adding Team work/Ciro would be nice not to discredit any other player when we play great.

2- For god's sake, when are we going to stop the comparisons? Diego can be better than Nedved, Melo reminds me of this player and so on? Why can't some of you discuss how we did today where we should improve what went wrong instead of comparing players and turning this into one silly discussion?

Anyway, I'm happy with our performance tonight, still feeling sad that we conceded such a goal. This reminds me of Chelsea's equalizer in Turin when Buffon was miles and miles infront of his goal. But all in all, I'm happy.

Buffon 6

Grygera 6.5
Cannavaro 7
Chiellini 6.5
De Ceglie 5.5

Marchisio 5.5
Tiago 5.5
Melo 7

Diego 7.5
Amauri 6
Iaquinta 5.5

Ciro 8:star:, everything he did tonight was perfect.
Fair ratings mate, agree on all.

cunninlynguists

Amsterdam Ambassador
May 7, 2006
I saw an interview of Melo on controcampo and he started crying and his voice was breaking, he said it was an extremely emotional time/game for him, and that God truly exists in his eyes. He said this as yesterday his grandmother died, and he knows she is in a better place, and he dedicated this game to her. He was really emotional.

Grande Melo :)
Ohh man I feel so sorry for him. Just saw the interview, he could hardly keep his emotions.
Great how he dealt with it through out the game.

Forza Melo

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
My Analysis:

Buffon- Some may say he should have stopped De rossi's goal but he wasn't ready and it seemed like Roma had to resort to a cheap trick to score against him. Completely solid otherwise and made a fantastic save against Totti. He may not be on top form but he is still a phenomenal keeper

Grygera- A better performance than usual but still not very effective moving forward. Improved defensively but still got owned once or twice and was caught wandering. For sure one of the weak points of our team this season and should be replaced next transfer window. When Zebinga isn't fit Caceres should be given an opportunity at RB

Cannavaro- Once again very impressive with Chiellini. He is starting to rebuild his reputation as the "Berlin Wall" and he looks quicker and fitter than he ever did with madrid. He played with confidence and energy and put in some good tackles. This being his second dominant performance in two matches it looks like the board got a real bargain with a bosman transfer here. The only concern being his age and how long he will be able to maintain this high level of performance

Chiellini- Despite the criticism he received during the confederations cup Chiellini has showed his defensive dominance again in the season's first two matches. His partnership with Cannavaro could finally provide us with the solid defense we have been lacking since Calciopoli. His height makes him look lanky and awkward on the ball but he was surprisingly quick and impressive going forward. A truly fantastic defender we shouldn't let him leave at any price

De Ceglie- Finally handed another start but unfortunately gave a mixed performance. Sent in a few good crosses, a few poor ones and had some impressive play going forward. Still not very assured defensively, Roma knew that our flanks were the weak point and in the second half began to exploit them. Thankfully our CB's played well but De Ceglie cannot always rely on them to bail him out. Despite this he is the best option at LB and unless Caceres can prove himself here De Ceglie should retain the starting spot.

Marchisio- Not a standout performance but didn't need to due to the dominance of Melo. A solid display and a promising player, he should start along with Melo and Camoranesi until Sissoko is fit. Hopefully his injury isn't serious

Melo- Diego may grab the headlines but Melo is MOM for me. He was fantastic today a lot better than he showed during preseason. As long as he's not suspended he will be a key player in midfield and should be a definite starter. His tackling and energy were excellent today more than compensating for his occasional poor passing. He scored an excellent goal to kill the game off, damn impressive performance all around. Can't wait to see him and Sissoko viciously rape Inter's and Milan's midfielders this season. The only real flaw I see is that he will be a magnet for cards this season and could get us stuck with 10 players now and again.

Tiago- Put a few nice passes in but once again has failed to really impress. He has surely improved and is at least solid enough to play when we have others injured but should not start. Still not what I had hoped for but his first two games this season have been acceptable and hopefully he can build on that. Don't know why we sold Zanetti...

Diego- Scored two excellent goals showed great skill and creativity. He's only played four matches for Juve so far but he is already becoming the best Attacking midfielder we've had since Zidane. He can provide some true creative play we have been lacking for so long. I was skeptical about our chances against an Inter team as strong as the one this season but Diego gives me hope. A phenomenal performance today and if he can keep it up who cares that Serie A lost Kaka when we have Diego to put on a show. Come next transfer period those teams out there with mega bucks better not even think about trying to steal him.

Iaquinta- A solid performance from Iaquinta, nothing special today but I appreciate his enthusiasm and energy for the cause. Had some impressive moments including his assist for diego and when he skipped past De rossi's tackle. He never gives up and always plays his hardest. The attacking trident with him and the two Brazilians looks menacing. He's always a reliable choice but I want to see Trez play.

Amauri- Always a threat when he plays, Amauri should continue to start and Ferrara should rotate the other forwards to see who partners him best. He had numerous chances to score and despite not finishing the deal he was a constant problem for Roma and forced some good saves out of Sergio. Even when he doesn't score he looks like a real menace

Subs:

Poulsen- Wasn't on long enough to make a judgment about his performance today but is still a crap player and should be sold. Keeping Tiago can be justified but selling Zanetti and keeping poulsen was just stupid. I think it really was a blotch on an otherwise impressive transfer campaign.

Camoranesi- Wasn't fully fit but when he is he should start. Always a creative hub in midfield and showed some dribbling skill. He did give the ball away needlessly late on.

Leggrotaglie- Didn't have much to do but handled his position well. His coming on for De Ceglie seemed like an intelligent move from Ferrara but he doesn't ever seem to impress when him and Cannavaro play together. The two of them play fine when they are paired with Chiellini but not so well together

The team seems to be performing pretty well but I'm still waiting to see Trezeguet, Del Piero, and Giovinco get some game time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)