[Serie A] Roma 1-3 JUVENTUS, August 30th 2009 (25 Viewers)

Man of the match

• Buffon

• Grygera

• De Ceglie

• Chiellini

• Cannavaro

• Marchisio

• Tiago

• Felipe Melo

• Amauri

• Diego

• Iaquinta

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
He reminds me Zidane too, thou he is a different kind of a player.Not to forget, Zidane is one and only! :delpiero:
Well, he definitely is more of a zidane than a nedved...but is still very different from the 2 :D
Nedved was all guts and powerfull shots, Zidane was the master of ball dominion and to do crazy shit as if he didnt care. Diego has a bit of both but with his own style. But well it is clear that he tends to be more of the technically gift player than the tough and hardowrker one.

Anyways, comparisons at thid stage are ridiculous. The former 2 mentiones were legends in Juve, Diego still has a long way to go, but hell he has all what it takes to get there.

Apr 15, 2006
Buffon 6.5 Aware
Grygera 5.5 one-dimensional
Cannavaro 6.5 Strong
Chiellini 6.5 Adaptive
De Ceglie 5.5 one-dimensional
(Legrotagglie -)
Marchisio 5.5 Basic
(Camoranesi 6 dynamic)
Melo 7 Confident
Tiago 5 Absent
Diego 7.5 Decisive
(Poulsen - )
Iaquinta 5.5 Uninvolved
Amauri 6 Frustrated
Totally disagree with you regarding IQ, Amauri and Tiago.

Durden

May 11, 2006
Really? I think Amauri an IQ worked hard up front and Tiago played a good match without standing out. The 4-3-1-2 requires a lot of running from the front men and Amauri and IQ delivered that tonight, they worked hard for the team.

Andorra85

Jul 11, 2009
Great game.

Diego looks very good leading the attack with 3 CMs behind him and two tanks in front, and great talent to score both goals! Ferrara formed the team very well. But I think is very, very early to compare him to the likes of Zidane and Nedved.

I believe DeCeglie was not bad, put in a some decent crosses and got foward a lot, on defense he was starting to show some weakneses... and it is great that Ferrara read that and ordered the sub on time to move Chiellini to the flank, to completely seal off our defense in order to secure the points. Apart from all that the team had the luck of a champion, scored when needed and Buffon saved us big time at the end of the first half. Melo was solid also.

Great game again, I am looking forward for the season and watching Diego playing together with Del Piero.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Well, he definitely is more of a zidane than a nedved...but is still very different from the 2 :D
Nedved was all guts and powerfull shots, Zidane was the master of ball dominion and to do crazy shit as if he didnt care. Diego has a bit of both but with his own style. But well it is clear that he tends to be more of the technically gift player than the tough and hardowrker one.

Anyways, comparisons at thid stage are ridiculous. The former 2 mentiones were legends in Juve, Diego still has a long way to go, but hell he has all what it takes to get there.
I am not comparing them at all. Actually I hate doing that, because it is impossible. But what I am saying, his speed, ball control, super passes reminds me of Zidane, that's no comparison at all..

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
In what way? (specifically)
Amauri was indeed frustrated. He tried a lot of things but hardly anything worked for him. Hit the post, one good shot was saved and it was really frustrating him. He didn't hide the frustration, so i agree with Dominic. I also agree with Dominic's rating, 6.00.
Amauri, as always, worked hard, fought a lot, but nothing really worked for him. 6.00, which isn't a bad rating, is fair.

As for Iaquinta, he was indeed less involved than he usually is. He didn't enter many duels, didn't fight as much as he does usually. Maybe 5.5 is a little too harsh, but nothing more than 6.00 for Iaq's today's performance.

Perhaps, the way Roma defended the high balls (they defended these very well) is one of the reasons why Iaquinta and Amauri didn't leave their mark on this game. Because there were many set-pieces today and apart from one good header by Amauri and one by Tiago, we lost almost all the airial duels in Roma's box.

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
Actually I think the thing i was most interasted in seeing is Ciro coaching ability.
In terms of team quality we do have what it takes to win the league and to go far in the CL.
I think our chances of wining something this year are there, the Q is if ciro can get us there,not mentaly or by controling the squad and motivation but on the tactical level ( that is even more important in the CL), i think its too early to tell but he is showing some promise and tactical awarnes with the subs he made , more then you can say about our coach last year.

El Santo

El Enmascarado de Plata
Nov 26, 2008
Now that we have Brazilians. we should win a few CL trophies. Just like Milan did when they had theirs. I want that UEFA badge of honour embedded in our jerseys so bad.:agree:

When Diego score the first goal, he celebrated look up and it was nothing but Roma fans. Then he was looking around and pointed them out. like "oh there they are".:lol:

He reminds me Zidane too, thou he is a different kind of a player.Not to forget, Zidane is one and only! :delpiero:
No no no. everybody is getting the comparisons all wrong. This guy, Diego. Is our next Michel Platini:agree: :beer:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Any idea why Juve fans are called Gobbi?

sounds awesome .. don't know if it has meaning in Italian :p
A gobbo is a hunchback, as in that of the Hunchback of Notre Dame. That might seem to make little sense, but in Italian culture the gobbi supposedly are incredibly lucky and fortunate.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I am not comparing them at all. Actually I hate doing that, because it is impossible. But what I am saying, his speed, ball control, super passes reminds me of Zidane, that's no comparison at all..
Yeh, and this is why im so happy. When the news of Juventus selling zidane to madrid arrived i was devastated and angry.
But after years i feel like having this kind of player we sorely missed in the last decade.

i think its too early to tell but he is showing some promise and tactical awarnes with the subs he made , more then you can say about our coach last year

It is because Ciro is young, is fresh and is not washed up and goofy like our former coach.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)