[Serie A] Roma 1-3 JUVENTUS, August 30th 2009 (1 Viewer)

Man of the match

• Buffon

• Grygera

• De Ceglie

• Chiellini

• Cannavaro

• Marchisio

• Tiago

• Felipe Melo

• Amauri

• Diego

• Iaquinta

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Nedved is a legend. Diego is still a starting wannabe
Oh yes i agree!!!. Nedved is holyness in juve.

But of course.... Diego is just starting with us...he has all the characteristic to be the next big thing in midfield like nedved was at his prime. Im fucking imprssed by him....well i know this guy since the santos days but still... im so pumped up. Lets hope he will at least match nedved legendary status and even better if he succeds in what nedved never could.... the CL....

I still remember those days at santos. For the ones who didnt had teh chance to see diego at that time, i remember that he was the forward with robinho. man i hated those days because everyone and their momma were sucking rob`s dick like if he was the enxt pele...and madrid was eager to buy him. Diego was always the shadow of robinho ins antos and he was in fact the one doing all the dirty work. It was shamefull. Luckily for us, those stupid media whores of real madrid went from the "hyped" guy and did not touched our diego.

Now see how are things :D:D:D:D:D:D:D I cannot be happier.-

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
For those saying that we could be easily shut down because we have no full backs, that is true, but only for THIS formation IMO.

The beauty is that with only one substitution we can completely change our formation from 4-3-1-2 to 4-2-3-1, with Giovinco and Camo on the wings, Diego behind a lone striker and Melo and Sissoko in midfield, and that would probably fix the problem with the lack of width.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
But to deny that the guy has the talent to be better than Nedved is just stupidity. It's not about respecting legends, but just admitting the truth. Look at the way he plays.
I still have too many disappointing performances of Diego in a FC Porto kit in my head to simply overlook that and pretend a few matches makes a career.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
For those saying that we could be easily shut down because we have no full backs, that is true, but only for THIS formation IMO.

The beauty is that with only one substitution we can completely change our formation from 4-3-1-2 to 4-2-3-1, with Giovinco and Camo on the wings, Diego behind a lone striker and Melo and Sissoko in midfield, and that would probably fix the problem with the lack of width.
I keep forgetting about Cancer Boy on the wings. :D :tup:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
OK. So will you ever get over those performances, or will you always dwell on them?
Zlatan Ibrahimovic can be masterful, as he had in his first season with Juve and on a number of decisive matches for Inter. But he can be a ball-hog, a horrible teammate, and a complete waste dump of opportunities -- as he did with his second Juve season and most of his international play.

All players can exhibit moments of brilliance and moments of poor form and weakness. The only way that you can reliably judge quality is with time and repeat performance.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Zlatan Ibrahimovic can be masterful, as he had in his first season with Juve and on a number of decisive matches for Inter. But he can be a ball-hog, a horrible teammate, and a complete waste dump of opportunities -- as he did with his second Juve season and most of his international play.

All players can exhibit moments of brilliance and moments of poor form and weakness. The only way that you can reliably judge quality is with time and repeat performance.
Exactly what Diego did in Bremen.

But don't mind me. I just like the player.

Sep 1, 2002

Sounds like Diego at Bremen.

But he is relatively young, and finally arrieved on the big stage, so we shall see.

Lets hope his early promise flourishes in to greatness.

I do like him though.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Exactly what Diego did in Bremen.

But don't mind me. I just like the player.
Sounds like Diego at Bremen.

But he is relatively young, and finally arrieved on the big stage, so we shall see.

Lets hope his early promise flourishes in to greatness.

I do like him though.
You kinda have to be insane not to like him. I just hope he can maintain this level of play throughout a season that is, in the words of the Bulldozer, duro e longo.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Great result and promising performance. But some things we can improve.

Apart from Melo and Diego our midfield was quite lame, narrow and stale. Some width, agression, and quality is needed there yet. Camo is a must as far as i'm concerned as Marchisio lacks the dominance and confidence so far whilst Tiago is still a ghost. He only came alive a bit near the end of the match and even that shot of his was dissapointing.

Also, we play a formation that demands more of our backs. I was actually somewhat pleasantly surprised by De Ceglie. He is still very raw, gets caught out of position too often and cant defend but he showed nice link-up with the more offensive players and offers the much needed width. Grygera is almost the opposite, he looked well disciplined (although he cant help being so hopelessly clumsly) but he is useless in attack.

Iaquinta and Amauri's effectiveness was limited as well, our team still has a lot of gelling to do and it showed upfront. Play Camo and get Grosso and I think the entire team will improve a lot. We'll have more width and more spark from midfield to help the forwards. We have to be careful we dont become fc Diego.

I liked Ferrara's choices today, showed balls and creativity in his subs.

Buffon 6.5 Aware
Grygera 5.5 one-dimensional
Cannavaro 6.5 Strong
Chiellini 6.5 Adaptive
De Ceglie 5.5 one-dimensional
(Legrotagglie -)
Marchisio 5.5 Basic
(Camoranesi 6 dynamic)
Melo 7 Confident
Tiago 5 Absent
Diego 7.5 Decisive
(Poulsen - )
Iaquinta 5.5 Uninvolved
Amauri 6 Frustrated

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)