[Serie A] Roma 1-3 JUVENTUS, August 30th 2009 (7 Viewers)

Man of the match

• Buffon

• Grygera

• De Ceglie

• Chiellini

• Cannavaro

• Marchisio

• Tiago

• Felipe Melo

• Amauri

• Diego

• Iaquinta

Results are only viewable after voting.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Good post delpiero06, though it's not an excuse for Gigi, he should stay focus and should stop staying miles infront of his goal. There's nothing such as he wasn't ready.

100% with the rest of your post.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
You guys have said pretty much everything that needs to be said, but I must add... can someone teach Poulsen how to hold up the ball and run down the clock when we're a goal up with 5 minutes left to play?

There were about 3 occasions on which he should have held on to the ball or made the side/back pass, but he took a stupid shot or tried an over-ambitious through ball to our forwards.

Really senseless, tactically speaking :disagree:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Yeah I noticed that, he is strong enough to hold onto the ball if he gets put under pressure. He kept pushing forward when we needed to relax and slow it down.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #846
    I wanted to see him spit back at [SirAlex mode]Toti[/SirAlex mode].

arc

Mar 11, 2004
    Buffon 6.5 Excellent save against Totti. Should be more alert against scumbags like Roma, they have no class and will cheap shot whenever the opportunity presents.

Grygera 6 Did OK on defense. Still cannot cross.

DC 5.5 Terrible. Could not mark his man properly. The only contribution that I remember is his one and only one successful cross to Amauri.

Cannavaro 7.5 ROCK SOLID. :tup:

Chiellini 6.5 Looked shaky at a couple of occasions. Overall, did OK.

Marchisio 6 I expect a lot from this guy. Not his day.

Tiago 7 Good game.

Diego 8.5 MOM 2 Goals. Amazing work rate. Some good ideas but it did not work out (no look first touch back heel pass for instance). I can't wait the magic when he is fully connected with the rest of the team. And if he continues playing like this, he is going to win the Player of the Year with us one day.

Melo 7.5 Very good first game with us. This guy is a beast.

Amauri 7 He deserves a goal.

Iaquinta 6.5 Should have scored. Nice assist on Diego's 2nd goal.

:flag1:

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
    Feb 11, 2009
    Do any of the highlights packages,all of which i am yet to view, show this crunching tackle and madman celebration of Melo???? That is what i am most eager to see...Perhaps its worth me trying to find a torrent of the whole match, if this was a truly vintage performance?

I spent my weekend embracing a delicate lady with a divine derriere and huge blue eyes the colour of shallow tropical water...The longest first date I have experienced running from 5pm satuday to 745 monday morning. So I was already in fine dreamy spirits. But what a glorious continuation of a sublime weekend...to read news of our success over the roman swine hordes.

The Old Hag

Legendary coach
    Dec 7, 2007
    An absolutely epic win at the Olimpico! We're having an encouraging start of the season. Today we've played like champions. I hope we can continue winning and improve from this.

Oh, and you've got to love Diego. This guy will own the Serie A in no time!

Forza Juve! Sempre con te!

:ultra:

abejaa

Sep 25, 2006
    You guys have said pretty much everything that needs to be said, but I must add... can someone teach Poulsen how to hold up the ball and run down the clock when we're a goal up with 5 minutes left to play?

There were about 3 occasions on which he should have held on to the ball or made the side/back pass, but he took a stupid shot or tried an over-ambitious through ball to our forwards.

Really senseless, tactically speaking :disagree:
    don't mess with poulsen :p

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    Diego is unfucking-believable !!!

He showed up the strikers today, who didnt do enough to put their names on the scoresheet....but a win is a win

Besides a few chances that Roma had, along with a brainfart on our end that led to the De Rossi goal, I thought we played pretty well

The worrying point on this team is the fullback positions, which we can talk about until we are blue in the face.....Grygera and DC arent good enough to be starters, plain and simple

We have about 24 hours left to sign Grosso and/or Rafinha, and I suggest that the gerbel in charge of signings better get to work RIGHT NOW....our season depends on it !!!

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
    May 26, 2009
    Diego is unfucking-believable !!!

He showed up the strikers today, who didnt do enough to put their names on the scoresheet....but a win is a win

Besides a few chances that Roma had, along with a brainfart on our end that led to the De Rossi goal, I thought we played pretty well

The worrying point on this team is the fullback positions, which we can talk about until we are blue in the face.....Grygera and DC arent good enough to be starters, plain and simple
    We have about 24 hours left to sign Grosso and/or Rafinha, and I suggest that the gerbel in charge of signings better get to work RIGHT NOW....our season depends on it !!!
    :tup: :agree:
    Too bad it doesn't look like we are going to get Rafinha. Grosso, we might get him, it's a 50-50 chance. Ferrera did the best thing by switching chillieni to LB in the 2nd half, since he is the best LB we have in our squad. Excellent defensively and really good going forward. Legro and Canna should be starting at CB, and Caceres deserves a chance at RB until Zebina is back. The problem with gregera that he's not quick and lacks football IQ, that's why he get caught out of position a lot. While De ceglie is good going forward but exposed really bad against Menez, imagine what might happen if he goes against Ribery, Kaka, Messi, & etc..... in CL.

Antonio1

Juve's Messi
    Oct 3, 2004
    The RATINGS:

Buffon: 6.5 Excellent save on totti just before half-time and tidy otherwise. A couple of crosses he could maybe have dealt better with.

Grygera: 7 He is utterly useless going forward and I am a big fan of getting Grosso here. But credit where its due, he dispossessd Roma many times tonight and looked solild defensively all night. Good game i thought.

Cannavaro: 8 This is the cannavaro we were hoping for. Played so solid, lead the line, and was just utterly professional all night. Nothing really got by him. He and Chiellini have a great system where Canna charges and Chiellini tidies up just in case.

Chiellini: 7.5 Once again he was completely reliable, just made it looks so easy. Did well when he switched to left back too. Good in the air and strong on the ground and also very fast. Thank God he plays for Juve.

De Ceglie: 6.5 A breath of fresh air for me. Ok, true, his crosses were hit and miss, a nice one for Amauri's header. He is also not such a good defender. But he did give us an attacking option and saw a lot of the ball. He really galloped up and down the wing. He gives us more pace, something we need and he has initiative. I would like to see him start there for us.

Marchisio: 6 Again he was relatively solid, has a good touch and kept his passes tidy. I just wish he would impose himself more as he goes absent and he obviously has the talent. Hope his injury is nothing much.

Tiago 7: Made some mistakes, but overall his passing was tidy and kept us moving well in midfield. He helped us retain and keep the ball. Also made some nice tackles. Slowly improving.

Melo: 9 The complete game from the complete midfielder. He tackled hard and clean in the middle and at the back, he won us the ball more times than I could count. His passing was inspired and cutting with a few no-look skill passes. His goal was also well taken. Goal, good passing and good tackling....what more can you ask for?? His passion for the team was also immense to see, it looks like we have some great team spirit all round actually. Also more impressive given that his grandmother died the day before. His game was a beautiful tribute to her.

Diego: 9 Scored two fantastic goals. Showed great pace throughout, something I did not know he had. He also tracked back and gave us a strong line of defence in attack. Just looked a class above everybody else on the park.

IQ: 7 Worked very hard, ran like no one else showing off his pace. A wonderful assist on Diego's goal with a graceful and quick backheel. He is showing us more and more every week how useful he is.

Amauri: 7 Obviously desperate to score, a goal i hope comes soon. Again ran and worked very hard even making some good defensive headers. Also was unfairly penalised by the referee on several occasions that baffled myself and the commentators. He was a great presence on the pitch and worked well with the team.

Subs:

Camo: 6 I was surprised he didn't start. Danced through Roma players in the midfield with ease and made a nice recovery tackle. He carried the ball well for us. When he came on it was 1-1 when the game was over it was 3-1, not that it was down to him but i think he has a positive influence.

Legro: 6 Great coachign from Ciro to put Chiellini at left back and use Canna and Legro at centre back. Just made us even harder to break down for that last 15 mins. He had a no thrills performance and used his strength to out-muscle the Roma players and slow the tempo.

Poulsen: N/A Not really given much time.

Congrats boys, we looked a very good side tonight. here's to Melo and Diego staying fit for the rest of the season!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)