[Serie A] Parma 1-2 JUVENTUS [September 1st, 2018] (2 Viewers)

vote

• Matuidi

• Mandzukic

Results are only viewable after voting.

ColloRosso

Jul 16, 2018
No those kind are the complete opposite of hopeless crosses. Those are efficient quality crosses.

Our crossing this game was horrible, and seemed to be our only game plan, making us predictable and Parma packing the box with little to no creativity down the middle.

Hard to suprise a team with a cross when you pass around slowly for so long until you settle for a cross. Need to be more direct, quicker and defenitely be flexible in how we create space and chances for the attack. Seemed like an after thought for most of it, no tangible plan, despite having so much shots on goal was poor attacking effort.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

No Cancelo No Party :lol:

On a more serious note. Boxes are too packed for crosses to seem effective in Serie A. They have to be done faster in counter-attack. Cristiano might have to reinvent himself here.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Tough game but 3 points.

Our defence really looks shaky though.

Good games from Mandzukic, Matuidi and Alex Sandro. Ronaldo looks tense.

If the past season has taught me anything it is that Dybala and Costa are key players and should start every game. I really think if they are playing Ronaldo will get more chances to score.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
No those kind are the complete opposite of hopeless crosses. Those are efficient quality crosses.

Our crossing this game was horrible, and seemed to be our only game plan, making us predictable and Parma packing the box with little to no creativity down the middle.

Hard to suprise a team with a cross when you pass around slowly for so long until you settle for a cross. Need to be more direct, quicker and defenitely be flexible in how we create space and chances for the attack. Seemed like an after thought for most of it, no tangible plan, despite having so much shots on goal was poor attacking effort.

:agree:

Add to that, we were crossing into the box against a team with 9 guys back behind the ball, and often while the game had ground to a halt in the Parma half.

The crosses in CL at Madrid were far more often into the box with few defenders as part of counters and build-up to attack. None of this fire crosses into a static packed box like we're having a corner/set piece every few minutes.

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
3 points is all I care about no matter Ronaldo scored or not, no matter Dybala got his start or not. It is just a beginning of the season so take it easy.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Not sure if it's early to start complaining, 3pts is all that matters. We just need to keep on working on that cr7 chemistry and it will all, as if by magic, turn glamorous.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Chiello3

IL Capitano
Nov 26, 2017
honestly what i think is that we didnt use our best from the start
for example , allegri realised douglas costa was needed to be subbed on because almost whole parma was slow as hell
and also , in a honest opinion we also got attacked less when gervinho was subbed off , and defence was sh*t whole 1st half.
repeated crosses didnt make any sense because it was predictable as hell making parma it easy to defend them.
the way i see it is that we are missing creativity :/

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
Considering the fact that we've been watching the team in their usual worst condition of the season... 9/9.

And it's also worth mentioning that these three opponents were quite tough:
- one of the most unpleasant team to play against in an away game (Chievo);
- one of the strongest teams in Italy (Lazio);
- one of those small teams having something to prove and playing their imaginary UCL final against Juventus, particularly against Juventus with CR7.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

Well then we need CMs further up the pitch who aren't Matuidi and Khedira.

If Pjanic has to stay deep then there should be bentancur or Can ahead of him. Or better yet push pjanic forward and one of them can play DM

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Pjanic had one of his classic games where he puts more energy into angrily shouting at people and waving his arms about than actually doing something constructive with the ball.

Mandzukic and Matuidi best players. Also the fittest players. Probably not related.
Pjanic drove me insane today. Slows our game down and is never direct despite being such a good passer he walks with the ball and always goes for the easy pass.

Im glad he was taken off needs a kick in the ass.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
3pts
Allegri should try to stick to a starting lineup and a fix formation to build chemistry faster.
Also rb cuadrado, doesn't look good.

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
Pjanic drove me insane today. Slows our game down and is never direct despite being such a good passer he walks with the ball and always goes for the easy pass.

Im glad he was taken off needs a kick in the ass.
When i saw yet another dangerous situation created by his inability to get out of Parma's pressing... i miss Pirlo so much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)