[Serie A] Palermo 0-3 JUVENTUS (29th November 2015) (28 Viewers)

Palermo 0-3 Juve Nov 29, 2015 - MoM

• Sturaro

• Marchisio

• Dybala

• Chielini

• Cuadrado

• Mandzukic

Results are only viewable after voting.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
I don't know who in his rational mind would prefer Mandzu over Morata and the orgasmic sexiness of potential partnership Morata-Dybala. Mandzukic as a starter is a Capelo mindset and game plan type of choice - predictable and effective against minions and utter failure against the big dogs (in Europe mostly). Morata proved his worth last season not only with goals but with beautiful play.
Morata is an extreme talent, but people are underrating Mandzukic.

His stats are pretty good

2007–2010 Dinamo Zagreb 81 games (42) goals
2010–2012 VfL Wolfsburg 56 (20)
2012–2014 Bayern Munich 54 (33)
2014–2015 Atlético Madrid 28 (12)

National team

63 games and 20 goals.

Last year was a bit weak and he looks off form, but he still has some skills. He is very good at pressing and his work rate is high.

I'm with you about Morata - he and Dybala are making a killer attack, but Morata also looks off form and things are not clicking so well between him and Dybala. It's not so weird for Allegri to pick Mandzukic. The least this shows that we have options upfront.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

National team

63 games and 20 goals.

Last year was a bit weak and he looks off form, but he still has some skills. He is very good at pressing and his work rate is high.

I'm with you about Morata - he and Dybala are making a killer attack, but Morata also looks off form and things are not clicking so well between him and Dybala. It's not so weird for Allegri to pick Mandzukic. The least this shows that we have options upfront.
Those are also only league goals for Mandzu.. He scored 22 in 12/13 with Bayern, 26 in 13/14 with Bayern, and 20 last year with Atletico in all comps. 68 goals in 3 seasons. Only 11 forwards in all the big leagues of Europe have pulled off 20+ goals in each of the last 3 seasons.

enzo

May 14, 2012
To be honest, I just don't like him because of his hidden fouls and his attitude. Fouls aside, his bad attitude seems to be a thing of the past. He is not lazy and appears to be thoroughly motivated.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
To be honest, I just don't like him because of his hidden fouls and his attitude. Fouls aside, his bad attitude seems to be a thing of the past. He is not lazy and appears to be thoroughly motivated.
I like him because he's a major cunt.

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006

National team

63 games and 20 goals.

Good stats but Mandzukic has never been and never will be a decisive factor all by himself. Those stats are out of context as during these years he was surrounded by one of the best creative players in the world. Especially in Bayern - Ribery, Muller and Robben were out of this world.
Whatever, I will have to accept it that he will play tonight again as a starter. But Allegri has some personal dislike for Morata - this is obvious for me. Here some members say that Morata is not in form and should not play but then again why did Llorente play almost all the time at the begging of last season despite being shit as hell and Mandzu also plays nonstop when fit? Then and now the reasoning is that they should play in order to get in shape but for Morata this is not the case obviously. The only thing that will get in shape while riding the bench will be his hemorrhoids.

enzo

May 14, 2012
Ouch. :D

I do give out that vibe sometimes, so no worries brah.
I'm speaking from experience ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe the goals that Morata does not score?
Well, afair Morata scored once in Serie A and twice in CL, while Mandzu scored 2 each. I would rather say Morata is having a hard time playing on the left and Allegri isn't going to change his mind in this point.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Yeah according to Allegri, Mandzukic gives guarantees that Morata can't. Not sure what those guarantees are. Morata is a better footballer in just about every way.
He said at the moment Mandzukic's characteristics give us more guarantees. Morata is growing and getting in better form.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Maybe the goals that Morata does not score?
Look at the minutes each have played. Then take into account the games which Morata played on the wing as well. Mandzukic isn't all that prolific. He's been adequate. We all know Morata can score goals given the chance. Anyway, he ain't gonna start tonight but I hope he'll be first choice in a month or two like last season.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Mandzukic as a starter is a Capelo mindset and game plan type of choice - predictable and effective against minions and utter failure against the big dogs (in Europe mostly). Morata proved his worth last season not only with goals but with beautiful play.
Dude, Mandzu scored decisive goals every time we played a big dog in Europe...

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Mandzukić over Morata for me.

Mandzukić is a powerful and dogged presser of defences, a proven goalscorer on every competition for big teams (us included btw) and yes he is a total cunt.

Perfect.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Eh? He's one of the most hard working strikers around and it's not even close. He also has been since his early days. He has no real attitude problems, being a cunt on the pitch is not an attitude problem, especially when it often benefits the team who has him.

enzo

May 14, 2012
Eh? He's one of the most hard working strikers around and it's not even close. He also has been since his early days. He has no real attitude problems, being a cunt on the pitch is not an attitude problem, especially when it often benefits the team who has him.
I remember him being lazy at Bayern. But obviously this is my brain making up reasons to justify disliking him.

And it still don't like cunts. At least on the pitch.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Nah he was anything but lazy for Bayern, probably the reason he kept Mario Gomez out of the team after Gomez got back from injury. Considering at that time Gomez was scoring a disgusting amount of goals.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I remember him being lazy at Bayern. But obviously this is my brain making up reasons to justify disliking him.

And it still don't like cunts. At least on the pitch.
LOL? He is more like "lazy" with us and Atletico, because if you think he is hardworking now, he was superhuman level of pressing and hard work with Bayern, was insane, only striker to make defenders even more nervous when they have the ball, instead of when they dont (we faced them 3 years ago, he made Giorgio SWEAT LIKE HELL off the ball). Technically limited, as per norm with target man (very mobile one), but complete warrior at his prime especially, which was 2-3 years ago.

You see the glimpses of that with us, his work ethic and how deep he comes in defence (wide positions), but its not the same, he is not like Tevez who can function like this on his own, Mandzukic was at his best with this with Heynckes because it was a system that required everyone to move and press, and he excelled at that since it showed off his best assets.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)