[Serie A] Palermo 0-3 JUVENTUS (29th November 2015) (3 Viewers)

Palermo 0-3 Juve Nov 29, 2015 - MoM

• Sturaro

• Marchisio

• Dybala

• Chielini

• Cuadrado

• Mandzukic

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tanu_Mz

Jan 5, 2014
Huge, huge win psychologically. We needed to win here to maintain or good run of form and also show the 4 teams above us that we are still in it. The past 3 games, I've seen the Juve of 14/15 again. Solid as $#@! defensively, barely giving an inch to the other team, and winning games even if playing badly. Still think we can win the title this year, but I'm glad the lads are taking it one game at a time. Best way to do it.
Buffon is by a long way the keeper with less saves in the all of Serie A. Unfortunately, that was the case in the games vs Frosinone, Chievo, Udinese and Sassuolo where he had like 3 saves in 4 games but conceded 4 goals that costed us dearly.
I don't think that our defense has costed us dearly in the first part of the League: if our strikers would had managed to score more, we'd be looking at everybody from the top. The main difference though is the attitude. Definitely more aggressive on every single ball, less mistakes, more connections upfront.
It took time, but we got there. Should we win at Lazio, panic will spread among the others.

Buy on AliExpress.com

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
I think it's our defensive play that makes the difference. Vs Palermo we didn't create a lot of chances again and we kept making a lot of misplaced passes. On the good side we managed to shut Palermo down and control most of the game. If out offensive game starts working out better we'll be f*ing brilliant. :numnum:

DeviAngel

Oct 3, 2014
I think it's our defensive play that makes the difference. Vs Palermo we didn't create a lot of chances again and we kept making a lot of misplaced passes. On the good side we managed to shut Palermo down and control most of the game. If out offensive game starts working out better we'll be f*ing brilliant. :numnum:
Now imagine having Tevez in attack. It's him that we are missing not Vidal.

Tevez and Dybala in same team is mama mia !
-----Tevez----Dybala----
----------Morata-------

FAP FAP FAP FAP

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I don't think that our defense has costed us dearly in the first part of the League
it's true that our attack only started to work recently, and is still an improving department, but we conceded 8 during the first 7 games, so our defense has to take some of the blame for the slow start of the season.

1st 7 games: 1 clean sheet (against genoa), 8 goals conceded, 2 wins
2nd 7 games: 4 clean sheets ( :inter: , atalanta, milan, palermo), 3 goals conceded, 5 wins

if you consider the goals we scored:

1st 7 games: 1 goalless game, 9 goals scored
2nd 7 games: 2 goalless game, 11 goals scored

our attack has been more consistent.

- - - Updated - - -

agreed :tup:

btw we've been a different team after the sassuolo disaster.

Tanu_Mz

Jan 5, 2014
it's true that our attack only started to work recently, and is still an improving department, but we conceded 8 during the first 7 games, so our defense has to take some of the blame for the slow start of the season.

1st 7 games: 1 clean sheet (against genoa), 8 goals conceded, 2 wins
2nd 7 games: 4 clean sheets ( :inter: , atalanta, milan, palermo), 3 goals conceded, 5 wins

if you consider the goals we scored:

1st 7 games: 1 goalless game, 9 goals scored
2nd 7 games: 2 goalless game, 11 goals scored

our attack has been more consistent.
I agree on the defense part, not as much on the attack. Because I look at the problem from an effectiveness viewpoint.
Let me explain. If we split the season in two parts like you did, we get those figures:

Attack: first 7 games: 9 goals scored out of 138 goal attempts (6,5%); last 7 games: 11 goals/106 attempts (10.4%)
Defense: first 7 games: 8 goals conceded out of 61 attempts (13%); last 7 games: 3 goals out of 62 attempts (4.8%)

So, the way I look at this is that our defense has been pretty consistent: they have conceded more or less the same number of opportunities. What has changed has been the conversion rate of our opponents, possibily because we were a bit less unlucky and we did not concede as clear cut chances. I accept that.

But if our attack had shown the same accuracy level of the last 7 games, in the first 7 games we could have scored an extra 5 goals (some of the posts we hit, maybe), so had the attack been more consistent in terms of accuracy, we'd probably have those 5/6 points we are lacking right now.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
How can they rate Sturaro that high ? he was very bad. Lost alot of balls and was really slow in attack.
You must have watched with your eyes closed

Stu has been one of this squads better, consistent players this season. He's in good form lately including yesterday's match prior to scoring the brace.

FuriaCeca

Jun 2, 2014
You must have watched with your eyes closed

Stu has been one of this squads better, consistent players this season. He's in good form lately including yesterday's match prior to scoring the brace.
No way man. Lost the ball cheaply on way too many occasion. Can't control the ball well, pretty average technique. Was good defensivly as always but could have cost us alot. I don't have anything against him, I actually like him but I don't think he was that good yesterday. He should have had like a 6 with that goal.

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
Buffon is by a long way the keeper with less saves in the all of Serie A. Unfortunately, that was the case in the games vs Frosinone, Chievo, Udinese and Sassuolo where he had like 3 saves in 4 games but conceded 4 goals that costed us dearly.
I don't think that our defense has costed us dearly in the first part of the League: if our strikers would had managed to score more, we'd be looking at everybody from the top. The main difference though is the attitude. Definitely more aggressive on every single ball, less mistakes, more connections upfront.
It took time, but we got there. Should we win at Lazio, panic will spread among the others.
Neto played against frosinone

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
* Juventus have the lowest tackle success percentage this season(69.3%), while Palermo have the highest (80.9%).

* Paulo Dybala has scored six goals in his first 13 games, the same return he had at this stage last season. Last season, he played 1106 minutes, this season so far he’s played 781.

* Juventus have conceded only two goals from inside the box, fewer than any other team in the Serie A 2015-16.

-----------------------

For those saying dont miss Vidal now that we have Khedira, read the above and weep...

Also for those of you hoping Lemina plays, apparently out with knee injury, so our midfield injury list is Khedira, Pereyra, Hernanes and Lemina...

The above highlighted trio will start, and hope to god no one breaks down our we will see Padowin.
First of all, you should list the usernames of posters who said Khedira isn't inferior to an in-form Vidal so that we can point our fingers at them and laugh at them.

Vidal is arguably the best ball-winner in the world. We obviously miss his grit and tackling ability in our midfield. An in-form Vidal towards the end of last season was amazing at recovering balls just like his previous seasons with us. But it'll be interesting seeing how bad our tackling success % is this season counting just the games where we had our starting midfield. Keep in mind that we weren't able to field a good midfield in a lot of games due to injuries.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)