[Serie A] Napoli 1-0 Juventus [February 13th, 2021] (4 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
The ball doesnt matter. The hand hits his face. It's a pk.
I see where you're coming from but the thing is I don't agree that this rule should be applied. I think Penalties should be given if a defender prevented a forward from scoring.

10 or 5 years ago, this was never a penalty and nobody would've complained.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
@Elvin I watched it 100 times and I'm trying to convince myself it was penalty. I can't. The Napoli player wasn't getting the ball EVER.
I don't think it matters. He punched him in the face in the penalty box and every foul there is a penalty.
When a player commits a foul in a manner considered by the referee to be careless, reckless or using excessive force, it's a free kick or a penalty kick if it happens in the box. It's literally in the rules of the game.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
@Elvin I watched it 100 times and I'm trying to convince myself it was penalty. I can't. The Napoli player wasn't getting the ball EVER.
Yeah I don't agree with the rule, there was no goal-scoring chance and the player didn't have any control of the ball, but I think it's the rule.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Yeah I don't agree with the rule, there was no goal-scoring chance and the player didn't have any control of the ball, but I think it's the rule.
of course it is. multiple part of the direct free kick rules don't even mention the ball. if you hit your opponent it's a foul, period

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
I don't think it matters. He punched him in the face in the penalty box and every foul there is a penalty.
When a player commits a foul in a manner considered by the referee to be careless, reckless or using excessive force, it's a free kick or a penalty kick if it happens in the box. It's literally in the rules of the game.
Yeah I don't like these rules. I think I know better than those who approved these rules.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Napoli were always going to try to compensate their absences. Juve underestimated (surprise) the situation and decided not to play the first half. After awarding them the lead it was going to end up like that. I already forgot the match.

By the way @Alex-444 we lost because I forgot Matchday motherfuckers

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Yeah I don't like these rules. I think I know better than those who approved these rules.
You know what every defender should do based on your wishes.
Whenever an attacker jumps although it's obvious the keeepr is going to get the ball, the defender should just punch the attacker just in case .
You can even do that on over hit corners .
As no one is getting the ball applying a punch here and the to opposition players can't hurt ,no?

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
of course it is. multiple part of the direct free kick rules don't even mention the ball. if you hit your opponent it's a foul, period
Of course it's a foul. Foul punishable by card for violent conduct; but for me penalty, freekick should have relation to the ball and denied goal-scoring opportunity regardless of intention etc

Last edited:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
It's ok not to like them. It's not ok if you're a professional footballer playing for Juve and not knowing the rules. Seeing Chiellini complain, I think he genuinely thought it wasn't a penalty - hence, he doesn't know the rules :D

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
You know what every defender should do based on your wishes.
Whenever an stacker jumps although it's obvious the keeepr is going to get the ball, the defender should just punch the attacker just in case .
You can even do that on over hit corners .
As no one is getting the ball applying a punch here and the to opposition players can't hurt ,no?
Yes.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Its not crushed yet
But it's very frustating to see this match. One moment of reckless act decide the match. I don't see Napoli has threat against us. But our game also very toothless. We just getting the momentum in the last 30 minutes but it seems our players quite tired after keeps playing every midweek. That's why its important to has lead early in the match and maintain it. Having Berna means we waste the 1st half.
Berna was a non factor in attack. We should have replace him earlier with Kulu or McKennie in the beginning the 2nd half.
I'm not giving up just yet either but losing this one the way we did definitely hurts and i'm afraid not to have too much of a hit on the good momentum we were building up, also could come as a boost for the Milano trannies to increase the gap and make our direct games with them less relevant, it's a really shit position to find ourselfs in at this stage in the league.

By now we were supposed to be reducing the gap and not to be increasing it, i do still hope we can somehow keep our mental game up and not let this one get too much into our heads altough we are undeniably not allowed to put even one foot wrong for the next 10 games as a bare minimum to actually put up a challenge, odds are surely against us to win the Scudetto this year but it's better to never underestimate the choking capabilities of the rest either, got to focus only on ourselfs gathering all the points and we probably still have a chance. :tup:

Jun 16, 2020
This was very frustrating. I was hoping for a performance with the same energy as in the second half. The 3 matches before went according plan; rotate, win and build confidence for the last 2 difficult matches.

First half we started way to relaxed and that basically hunted us for the rest of the game. Stupid, stupid mistake by Chiellini even though there’s room for discussion if it was a penalty or not as the Napoli player would never reach the ball.

Second half we did good, to wasteful with the chances and 45 minutes isn’t much when playing against a wall.

Scudetto run is finished now I guess.

Besides this the obvious things we already know by now. Bernardeschi wil never be a useful player, Benta and Rabiot together will never work against good teams, we lack some creativity and we really need Dybala. Kulusevski always struggling when he comes in as a sub.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
This was very frustrating. I was hoping for a performance with the same energy as in the second half. The 3 matches before went according plan; rotate, win and build confidence for the last 2 difficult matches.

First half we started way to relaxed and that basically hunted us for the rest of the game. Stupid, stupid mistake by Chiellini even though there’s room for discussion if it was a penalty or not as the Napoli player would never reach the ball.

Second half we did good, to wasteful with the chances and 45 minutes isn’t much when playing against a wall.

Scudetto run is finished now I guess.

Besides this the obvious things we already know by now. Bernardeschi wil never be a useful player, Benta and Rabiot together will never work against good teams, we lack some creativity and we really need Dybala. Kulusevski always struggling when he comes in as a sub.
Bro reaching the ball is not questionable in this kind of situation .
As I said before .

Imagine mario rui traying a pass that goes 2 meters over insigne's head .

Does that mean that if de ligt is next to insigne , he can look at the ball , fake jump and just elbow him in the face?

Does the referee waive play on because insigne would have never reached the ball?

If you apply that logic to dead ball situation it becomes rugby as players can fight it out without consequences since no one can reach the ball.

From the rulebook.

Direct free kick
A direct free kick is awarded if a player commits any of the following offences against an opponent in a manner considered by the referee to be careless, reckless or using excessive force:

• strikes or attempts to strike (including head-butt); bear in mind that it doesn't say anywhere that the opposing player must reach the ball
  • Reckless is when a player acts with disregard to the danger to, or consequences for, an opponent and must be cautioned
A direct free kick is awarded if a player commits any of the following offences:

• impedes an opponent with contact (again there is nothing that says that the opposing player has to be able to get the ball.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)