[Serie A] Milan 0-0 Juventus [January 23rd, 2022] (3 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Boksic

May 11, 2005
My point was the attack. We suck big time there.
It is easy to score more if you give up your defensive responsibilities.

It is about balance, I'd agree we haven't found ours and need to do better in attack but most successful teams are build from a solid defence initially. If Empoli and Sass had remotely similar defensive records to ours it or a similar goal difference it would be an interesting comparison, but seems like it is a comparison to more attacking teams who don't defend very well.

Juve's goal difference +13
Sass +1
Empoli -10

- - - Updated - - -

it wasn't even checked by var, was it? clear penalty. i bet aia will apologise :hihi:
Was never going to be given after the one on Calabria, which we were lucky on.

Jun 16, 2020
It is easy to score more if you give up your defensive responsibilities.

It is about balance, I'd agree we haven't found ours and need to do better in attack but most successful teams are build from a solid defence initially. If Empoli and Sass had remotely similar defensive records to ours it or a similar goal difference it would be an interesting comparison, but seems like it is a comparison to more attacking teams who don't defend very well.

Juve's goal difference +13
Sass +1
Empoli -10
Do you think it was Allegri’s approach today or that the players just failed him

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Do you think it was Allegri’s approach today or that the players just failed him
A bit of both. Let's not forget Milan are 7 points ahead of us and at home on a potato patch of a pitch, we were never going to have a free flowing performance. Especially when you consider that we were missing Bonucci and Danilo at the back who are good at getting the ball down and starting play.

We seemed too worried with leaving space for Theo and Leao, and looked like a conscious approach to try to hit on the counter. Unfortunately Cuadrado looked the only one capable and we didn't have any similar threat on the left with McKennie. Chiesa was badly missed.

The players definitely didn't perform though. There were far too many misplaced passes and we didn't hit the target once from 4 decent opportunities (Cuadrado and Dybala in the first, McKennie and Morata in the second).

Jun 16, 2020
A bit of both. Let's not forget Milan are 7 points ahead of us and at home on a potato patch of a pitch, we were never going to have a free flowing performance. Especially when you consider that we were missing Bonucci and Danilo at the back who are good at getting the ball down and starting play.

We seemed too worried with leaving space for Theo and Leao, and looked like a conscious approach to try to hit on the counter. Unfortunately Cuadrado looked the only one capable and we didn't have any similar threat on the left with McKennie. Chiesa was badly missed.

The players definitely didn't perform though. There were far too many misplaced passes and we didn't hit the target once from 4 decent opportunities (Cuadrado and Dybala in the first, McKennie and Morata in the second).
I just feel like this game was so important, I could hardly imagine Allegri choosing for a point today, but the players never gave me the idea that they wanted to win, it’s a bit confusing

Milan isn’t the best team either, they’re decent but we should be able to do a lot better. They didn’t survive CL for example

Ruga and De Sciglio were nice surprises. Bentancur did good defensively but I don’t feel like praising him to much, a Juve midfielder should be able to do something on the opponents half

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
I just feel like this game was so important, I could hardly imagine Allegri choosing for a point today, but the players never gave me the idea that they wanted to win, it’s a bit confusing

Milan isn’t the best team either, they’re decent but we should be able to do a lot better. They didn’t survive CL for example

Ruga and De Sciglio were nice surprises. Bentancur did good defensively but I don’t feel like praising him to much, a Juve midfielder should be able to do something on the opponents half
There is a reason why we haven't beaten any of the top four teams this season.Our attack is useless and midfield just can't string few passes together so we can't retain possession of the ball and build up any attacks with dybala dropping extremely deep.

Boksic

May 11, 2005

I honestly think the players and staff think a point is a good result. The players looked that way at full time. In isolation a point away to the San Siro is never a bad result. But when you are trying to catch up to the top 4 it is a risky tactic and given that Napoli have pulled away again we seem to be in a 2 way battle with Atalanta for 4th.

It will be interesting to see our approach vs Atalanta in a few weeks. We absolutely cannot afford to lose it. Assuming the gap is still 4 points, will we settle for a point and hope they drop points elsewhere over the course of the season or will we go for the win?

If we lose we are out of the top 4 race, so think it might be a similar performance to tonight which is too risky.

Jun 6, 2015
I honestly think the players and staff think a point is a good result. The players looked that way at full time. In isolation a point away to the San Siro is never a bad result. But when you are trying to catch up to the top 4 it is a risky tactic and given that Napoli have pulled away again we seem to be in a 2 way battle with Atalanta for 4th.

It will be interesting to see our approach vs Atalanta in a few weeks. We absolutely cannot afford to lose it. Assuming the gap is still 4 points, will we settle for a point and hope they drop points elsewhere over the course of the season or will we go for the win?

If we lose we are out of the top 4 race, so think it might be a similar performance to tonight which is too risky.
I'm sure they wanted to win but at the same time a draw away against Milan isn't a catastrophe. What you absolutely don't want to do is lose the game and all the momentum we managed to build in the past couple of months.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
I'm sure they wanted to win but at the same time a draw away against Milan isn't a catastrophe. What you absolutely don't want to do is lose the game and all the momentum we managed to build in the past couple of months.
But we do need go on a run of victories to be sure of a top four place but next two fixtures will be tough.

Jun 6, 2015
But do we really have a momentum
I do think we do, at least compared to the start of the season. I think the players seem much more confident and don't enter panic mode as easily.

- - - Updated - - -

But we do need go on a run of victories to be sure of a top four place but next two fixtures will be tough.
Sure but our schedule gets much easier while some of our rivals face a tougher stretch of games.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
It has to be said, defending was very good. But it's hard to count on it, as there was little will to win the game from both teams. But the defensive players played quite well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)