Serie A: Lazio vs Juventus [Dec 15th 2007] (16 Viewers)

zizoufan

Z.Z T h e M a s t e r
May 25, 2004
I'm sick of the defensive 4-4-2 as well. But, Lazio can be deceptively good, and Juventus would do well to start with what has worked, wear down Lazio's midfield and defense, and then stick on Tiago (and DP if he doesn't start) and go to town on them skill-wise.

Then, should Tiago play well in that 20 or so minutes he gets, start him against Siena. If he rips up Siena (like he should) with Nocerino/Zanetti riding shotgun and protecting him... then he's ready for more frequent starts.

If he can't succeed in that scenario, then he needs to go for everyone's good.

Did anyone read that goal.com article where Ranieri essentially said Tiago was sloppy seconds because Sissoko cost 32 million euro? I was shocked and appalled.
wow 32 million euro for sissoko that's way too much. But getting Tiago and especially almiron is not better choice, although i still think that tiago has potential to show off

Buy on AliExpress.com

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Ranieri: "We know that Inter and Roma are stronger (than us). We will try to keep up with them. Being at Juventus means we have to do that"

AFP

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Admitting they are better doesn't mean he doesn't believe we can beat them.

And he is right, they are better than us.
Yeah, but that's something I wouldn't want to hear as a player. I wouldn't necessarily call Roma stronger than us anyway. Counterproductive statement, really.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Looking at your sig Andy, thats really not nice thing to say towards Tiago. I mean Ranieri should have at least kept this for himself. He's more like " We didn't need Tiago, but we bought him because we couldn't afford Sissoko".

Putting myself in Tiago's shoes after reading that, I'd ask to be transfered TBH.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Looking at your sig Andy, thats really not nice thing to say towards Tiago. I mean Ranieri should have at least kept this for himself. He's more like " We didn't need Tiago, but we bought him because we couldn't afford Sissoko".

Putting myself in Tiago's shoes after reading that, I'd ask to be transfered TBH.
Same here. What a tasteless comment by Ranieri. It's almost like he's trying to ruin Tiago.

The Old Hag

Legendary coach
Dec 7, 2007
But they didn't beat us...
Well, almost.

We drew those games with much heart and few football, IMHO. I think we saw that we're not at the same level as them, which doesn't mean we should throw down the towel yet.

If we can buy at least two classy players in January, we might be able to fight with them until the end.

That or signing Mourinho right away! :D

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
I hope you're wrong. They will be motivated for sure but as recent history shows, they can fight against fatigue and the opponent if the opponent is not a good team, but when they are against a good team their tight schedule is killing them.

Lazio were defeated 6 times this season and look at the teams that won against Lazio :
H-Milan 1:5
H-Fiorentina 0:1
H - Roma 2:3
A- Inter 0:3
A- Atalanta 1:2
H - Udinese 0:1

All of these are top 6 teams + a mid-table team (i like using this term for Milan :D)
Milan, Fiorentina and Udinese all won at Olimpico.

I have a good feeling about this match. I think we'll win.

A lot of teams, Lazio in specific, have this bad habit of playing extraordinary against us..

Dec 6, 2007
I wonder what would happened if we bought Prandelli then capello..how our team was going to be set in serie A..

I just want to say i saw a interview on fox sports last year about arsene wegener talking about if he would ever leave arsenal where would he go and he said he would love to come to italy and coach a great side like Juventus.....I like him as a coach and the way of his tactics which makes arsenal the best football playing team right now...

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
They were asking 32 million € for Sissoko? They must be insane. He is surely not worth that money. Vieira, who was world class when we bought him was less expensive and he was proven on international level. Sissoko might be younger and has more future but he is still not a quarter of a player Vieira is/was.

And I agree about Tiago. Low shot from Ranieri (if that statement is real and it might be). If he didn´t manage to sign his primary targets he should of never bought a player he doesn´t really want and intend to play him. You know, that is the biggest problem of last summer´s mercato. We didn´t manage to sign our main targets so we went to sign players who didn´t really improve the team like Andrade, Tiago and Almiron. My guess is that the board went for the cheaper solutions like Tiago and Almiron while Ranieri didn´t really want them. That´s why our board says they believe in them and Ranieri obvioulsy doesn´t like them very much but still had to accept them. They must have realised that and their confidence and morale is very low.

No wonder Almiron chokes and Tiago rarely gets a start.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)