[Serie A] Lazio 0-2 JUVENTUS, Sep 12th 2009- 3rd Round (1 Viewer)

Lazio - Juventus : Man of the Match

• Buffon

• Caceres

• Legro

• Chiellini

• Grosso

• Diego

• Marchisio

• Melo

• Camo

• Trezeguet

• Amauri

• Giovinco

• Tiago

• Molinaro

• Gervasoni (ref)

• Kolarov (Lazio)

• Ferrara (coach)

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
You will always find something so he'd be a 5.0. If he gets a WC RB and a replacement for Trez, you guys will ask for a world class 3rd keeper or something like that.
Not me, you can hold me to that :agree:

As an added safety, if the majority think the players are WC then I'll go along with it even if i disagree :tup:

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
8 out of 10 for Caceres is preposterous, and should not be taken seriously. His goal was great, yes, but it doesn't save his overall score.
He would have been a 6, were it not for the goal...and the importance of that goal cannot be underestimated by anyone other than those who dont rate lazio at all...in the long run, that goal could be priceless. It took the wind out of the roman sails. And it was a stunning strike.

Not taking that strike seriously is failing to understand the importance of victory in that fixture.

we were under the kosh, for large periods, as i am sure other teams will also endure, many of which will lose in rome to Lazio. They are a very good team.

I wouldnt say we were lucky to win, because there was nothing lucky about Buffon's two mesmeric saves. It is simply quality. Extremely high quality.

but as for caceres...his performance was shakey, defensively, but he has been on the move between countries, has just had a child i think I read somewhere, and is in a new country with a new family of footballers, and the pressure was on. True he could have given the game to lazio, but he didn't. he won the game for us...

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Very good win by the team considering the circumstances. These games right after the international break and before the CL are always tricky. This one fits the bill and some more as it against a good team with a very good coach. Allen mentioned that we passed the "1st depth test" and I agree.

Just adding a couple of points to what has been said.

-look at the likes of Marchisio, Melo and Camo towards the end to understand how much the int. break takes from these players.

- The trezi - Amauri combination has somewhat passed the test imo. There were a couple of good combinations here and there which looked promising. Once they get more game time it will certainly evolve. And it was certainly great seeing trezi play and score, even though we expect more from him but it wasn't very bad as the movement, positioning and covering was good.

- Ciro is showing his touches on the team and many mentioned the Tiago which i really liked. It could've been easier to simply go with the inform Iaquinta but he addressed the problem which was the passing through the midfield. It will be interesting to see how he deals with the pre game selection as the players we have provide different dimensions to the team.

- Gio played really well of the bench, now he needs to grab his chance. Lets hope Diego's injury is not too bad but those hamstring injuries always take time.

Also I think once we get Ale back we will play better with the current system. We don't have any width and the forwards are required to drift wide to find space. The like of ale and gio can do that much better than Amauri, Iaq and trezi.

Anyway now on to Blanc's boys.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Pretty good & entertaining game last night thanks to the performances of both teams. Before we scored the opener it looked like it could have gone both ways, but we were lucky enough to score. I liked how we played in the last 15 min, soaking up pressure (even without the Soaker!) but never giving much away, and trying some sharp counters.
Lazio looks a lot stronger than the previous 2 seasons, it has to be said.

Buffon 7 - Some good saves, especially in the 1st half. Liked how he put trust in & communicated with the defense.
Caceres 6,5 - Had very difficult evening, was troubled all the time & made numerous mistakes. To be fair though, he received very little help from Camo. Obviously, most is forgiven because nothing bad happened & especially because he scored that vital goal.
Legrottaglie 7 - Very good game, some smart positioning, overall good interceptions, ... Great game for his confidence.
Chiellini 7 - Same as Legro.
Grosso 6,5 - Had very little troubles at the back. Always giving us much needed width on the (left) flank. Too bad there was no end product because most of his crosses were off.
Camoranesi 5,5 - Did very little to support Caceres when needed. Some nice moves but he lost the ball way too much. Became very frustrated as the game went on. Good move by Ciro to sub him.
Melo 7 - Less impressive than 2 weeks ago, but still rather good, except for the beginning of the game where he was pretty sloppy.
Marchisio 7 - His best game of the season so far. Helped out in attack as well as defense. It's very understandable that he was exhausted near the end. Mom
Diego 6,5 - Looked set to have another good game but had to go off. Let's hope it's not too bad.
Amauri 6 - Decent game, fighting for every ball as usual. Always creating trouble for Lazio & he combined pretty well with Trez. Lack of end product though.
Trezeguet 6,5 - Liked his involvement in the game. Helped out in defense a lot. Looked very confident in the beginning, but as the game went on he became rather insecure. His lucky (but still trademark) goal could not have come at a better time.

Giovinco 6,5 - Showed some glimpses of his promise. I felt he did pretty good in this difficult game.
Tiago 6 - Did what he was brought on for. Very usefull in the final moments of the game.

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #719
    What? You think I was the one who -Repped you? :howler:

I'll let you enjoy it, just like you think I am the one behind Hanaukyo's account. You're too much insignificant for me to prove you wrong.
    He's the real Shakespeare, wondering, assuming, thinking too much you know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)