[Serie A] Lazio 0-2 JUVENTUS, Sep 12th 2009- 3rd Round (3 Viewers)

Lazio - Juventus : Man of the Match

• Buffon

• Caceres

• Legro

• Chiellini

• Grosso

• Diego

• Marchisio

• Melo

• Camo

• Trezeguet

• Amauri

• Giovinco

• Tiago

• Molinaro

• Gervasoni (ref)

• Kolarov (Lazio)

• Ferrara (coach)

Results are only viewable after voting.

YasoR17

Mirkofan #1
Jul 4, 2008
Marchisio man of the match? Come on.

Buffon was without a doubt 100 PERCENT today. Marchisio was good, but gave the ball away at times. In no way was he better than Buffon. That's just retarded.
With you on that one :agree: Buffon has been showing what he is capable of the last few weeks, both for Juve and Italy. And today he was simply amazing :tup: MOM without a doubt

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jan 7, 2004
You're right. Camo kept going to the center and losing the ball rather than going wide. Gio made the attack not miss diego. It was lovely watching both of them pass the ball and pass their man with great ability. The shooting should have been stronger and i'm confident the defense will look better with a few more games. Lazio's goalie was almost as good as buffon

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
No doubt Lazio is a decent team...I just wonder how much different things might have been if Zarate and Rocchi were present

I thought we played a sluggish first half, but improved some in the second. The way we played today reminded me a bit of Cap's old Juve, who would just grind out the victory, and not too much more.

I think Ferrara has the right tactics and formation, and is smart to play Giovinco in the trequartista role, in the absense of diego (who we'll no doubt be out for at least a month), but against Lazio, we just didnt show the same flair that we saw against Roma

Caceres was AWFUL defensively...burned too many times, but redeemed himself a bit with the goal. If he continues to play so poorly in the defense, he'll be a permanent fixture on the bench

Legro should stay on the bench

Giovinco was decent

Trez was a bit rusty, but showed some hustle (did I see him trailing back a bit ??)

Grosso was ok

Marchisio showed some promise today

Melo was solid

Camo was sub-standard

Buffon was damn good

Chellini was a ROCK, and my M.O.M.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
No doubt Lazio is a decent team...I just wonder how much different things might have been if Zarate and Rocchi were present

I thought we played a sluggish first half, but improved some in the second. The way we played today reminded me a bit of Cap's old Juve, who would just grind out the victory, and not too much more.

I think Ferrara has the right tactics and formation, and is smart to play Giovinco in the trequartista role, in the absense of diego (who we'll no doubt be out for at least a month), but against Lazio, we just didnt show the same flair that we saw against Roma

Caceres was AWFUL defensively...burned too many times, but redeemed himself a bit with the goal. If he continues to play so poorly in the defense, he'll be a permanent fixture on the bench

Legro should stay on the bench

Giovinco was decent

Trez was a bit rusty, but showed some hustle (did I see him trailing back a bit ??)

Grosso was ok

Marchisio showed some promise today

Melo was solid

Camo was sub-standard

Buffon was damn good

Chellini was a ROCK, and my M.O.M.

I'm scared and confused.

I've never agreed with you this much about a game before. :D

I think Lazio need to get a lot of credit for us not looking as dangerous as against Roma. They were well organised and allowed very little space in midfield compared to Roma.

Mar 24, 2006
Just watched the HL , Good performance by Buffon absolutely , he saved our game , Trez was okay with those on target shoot ,lucky on his goal though , Congratulation Trez , Marchisio was goooood , Felipe Melo has been good so far , keep it up man , Grosso was decent with those more accurate crossing than Molinaro's , Caceres shoot was a gold and Gio has given his chance,capitalized it,our future is bright , kid :pint:

we apparently deserve to win this game .

btw , what happened with Diego ? how severe his injury ? :sergio:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Geez some harsh criticism here. Buffon was man of the match, and if you get the feeling deep down in your stomach that you might disagree with the 8 that voted for him then you need to watch his first half heroics where he had 3 fantastic saves that would have been goals scored on probably 98% of the rest of the goalies in the world. Because of him we were not down at half time...marchsio great yes but he was not the sole reason we kept a clean sheet and recorded a victory tonight and for the clean sheet the man to thank is Gianluigi Buffon.

Buffon: great
Caceres: great goal by the way, not a bad shot. Needs to push forward more, looked a bit nervous but by no means deserves some of the negative adjectives he is getting tonight. Kolarov was on fire tonight, he probably would have gotten by a Maicon tonight.
Legro: :sergio: stay away from the starting 11, that is all I feel comfortable saying about him.
Chiellni: I love this guy, one silly foul and the rest was golden. Recovered well, read the game well and made some good challenges. Not sure what he was doing going forward tonight as he gave the ball away a couple times.
Grosso: HUGE difference on the left when you have a LB that can actually settle the ball comfortably, coolly and calmly. Didn't seem nervous at all, probably because half our team is the Azzurri.
Melo: pretty standard stuff from him. Broke up play nicely, silly yellow though.
Marchisio: one of our Golden Childs. I am loving every minute of watching this kid grow into a man on the field. Couple rushed passes lost, but he made up for those mistakes and then some....
Camo: Losing some pace, clearly. Not himself, probably tired from midweek duties.
Diego: Fuck off I hate my life....hope he recovers soon.
Amauri: so close on the grosso cross, almost got his head to it. Hardworker as always, its a shame some of his critics on here don't realize what he actually contributes to this team aside from scoring goals.
Trez: :touched: Welcome back man, did you see the celebrations from Melo (again) and the team congratulating him...the team was proud of him, showed patience tonight for him and where there to show their undying support for him when he scored. Beautiful.
Gio: Golden Child number 2. Great performance....thank God we have him if Diego is out, now is his time to step up and fill some big shoes (not just Diego but Del Piero as well)
Tiago: he is getting tougher each game, not enough time but was there to whine down the clock and keep flow going.
Molinaro: haha

Ciro: Forza!!

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Abit more to our favor if all players were not injured, don't you think ;) ? just a hint "ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO" :D
:flag1: :flag1:

I am really happy with how Ciro is managing the team. Today I saw Juve with character. Something I haven't seen for almost 4 years now. A team that plays away and wins. A team that is taking the game seriously. And mind you this is Juve without Del Piero ;)

We did not play the best of games today, but we did win an away game 2-0 against a team who won their first two games in the season. Zarate or no Zarate, things would have changed alot. We probably have more injured players than they do, and we went to their grounds and won with two goals difference.

Never the less, we had mistakes. And for us to improve further we need to fix those mistakes. I am happy with Tiago's contribution to the team (finally after two long years).
In the past two years, I thought we have Del Piero everything is possible. I still think this way but now we do have a coach to help along ;)

I wouldn't be to harsh on Legro. We all know he has his off games every once in awhile. In fairness, I think he is one of the top 4 CBs in italy.
Forza Nicola :) I believe in you :)

Mar 28, 2007
guys.. have you all notice? all the clubs i seen in serie a, epl, la liga.. whenever our player scored.. all our bench player will be out to celebrate.. pardon me if i'm wrong. :)

Mar 28, 2007
I really loved how EVERYONE celebrated trez's goal. We looked so happy, like one big family and everyone's close-knit ... that bond is going to help us go a long way this season
yes. and that only happened to juve. love the way how our players celebrated the goal from ceceres. even our bench player are out to celebrate.. :ultra:

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Match Report...from the hazy mind of a heavily fatigued hobo.

I was nervous going into this game, knowing that Lazio would provide by far our sternest challenge yet of the new season. With Del Piero still in the morgue, and Cannavarro and Iaquinta taking a breather in preparation for the bordeaux match, it was a tough fixture to be showing anything but our technically strongest first XI...

Buffon- In both games for Italy, and this one, Santo Buffon has re affirmed his position in my mind and heart as the world's best keeper. He is making saves, every game he now plays, which defy the limits of human agility. Against Georgia, against Bulgaria and against Lazio, he was as responsible for avoiding defeat as any other players in the Italy and Juventus teams. His save at the near post midway through the first half from Lazio's marauding wingback, was galaxy class...As was another one handed fist away to the top left of his goal later in the game...I am proud that he has stayed with Juve, and if he stays fit, and in this kind of form, we are going to be exceptionally hard to score against, let alone defeat. 10/10

Grosso- A solid debut. Welcome addition to the starting XI of a left back who can pass, cross, drive forward and tackle. It will take some time for him to work out when he must loiter around the halfway line rather than become a left winger, but that is down to tactics and training. Did nothing severely wrong, and much was commendable. 7/10.

Chiellini- Definitely less at ease alongside the faltering Legro...but still...he made some important challenges, won most aerial battles and let nobody pass him en route to goal. Cruz was outmuscled by the baby faced giant with the huge nose....7/10.

Legro- His backheel to Lazio, as well as numerous other errors, mainly fouls, made me wish for Zebina's speedy return, so that we could give Caceres a roll of the dice in the middle of defence as Cannavaro's backup. Its true that he hasn't played much for us in the preceding games, but still...he was poor last night. A major weak link in an otherwise fairly solid line. 4/10.

Caceres- Indeed, he was flummoxed once, along with Camo, but Buffon got him out of jail. And thank the lords of the undergound that he did, because a goal coming from his mistake may well have caused his head to drop...The first half especially he was staying back too much, not willing to risk getting skinned by the left back. But this only served to invite such attempts...Ciro must have asked him to push on for the second half, as he did, to devastating effect. His finish for the goal would have made any STRIKER proud, let alone a right back...Quality. He was tidy on the ball, full of running, and only unsure of his movement forward, which will come in time...He wasn't helped playing next to Legro...A debut goal at home, what more could we ask for? 8/10.

Marchisio- Showed moments of fine technical ability, though still seems somehow not settled in any position. Tackled and covered well, supported the attack, but lacked serious penetration in the final third. Certainly not a poor performance, but definite room for improvement. 6/10.

Melo- Our strongest outfield player in the first half. Unwilling to win the ball then simply pump it forward, the brazilian giant tried to play to feet, and with feet. Made few mistakes, and was kept busy by a very mobile lazio midfield. Quieter than in his last game, but assured and composed...6.5/10.

Camo- One to forget for the flying argie rat. Outpaced and outmuscled for much of the match. Perhaps tired still due to his exploits for la nazionale...Some of his distribution was atrocious by his very high standards. At least he didn't lose his head and earn a red card...5.5/10.

Diego- Our main creative outlet until he left the field due to what seemed like a muscular injury, though he was hardly looking like a major threat. Too little time to judge him other than to say that he obviously enjoys a physical battle, which is encouraging, as many teams will try to beat him into submission rather than just mark his mercurial talents out of the game....N/A

Amauri- Again, as with so many of his performances, I was unimpressed with everything but his work rate. In his defence, he did not get the best of service in the box, and had he been on the end of a few of the chances his striking partner received, and fluffed them, a lower mark would be deserved...but his effort and interesting flying back heel volley, which led to Trez's goal, keeps him at a respectable 6.5/10.

Trez- Pleasing to see him back, and doing what he does best, which is Finding Goal Scoring Positions. He is horridly rusty, and as has been said many times before, a player like Trezeguet, is nothing without match sharpness. He wont get that unless he has a regular run in the side. He wasted several chances to at least properly test the keeper, looked out of sorts for most of the 90 minutes, then popped up in the right place at the right time to score a poachers goal. Whether his shot would have gone in had the keeper not bundled it over the line, is unimportant. He scored...and made the win secure, when Lazio were throwing the little they had left in the tank, at our defence and midfield. No surprises from Trez...6.5/10

Giovinco- Looked nifty, full of running and ideas, and convincing as a Diego understudy. He doesn't see passes as quickly as he should, but is rarely profligate with the ball, and makes himself available whenever possible...His pace was welcome in a side generally slothful. Promising...7/10

I will be interested to see how Inter fare when they travel to Rome to play Lazio. They are a decent team, well organized, who attack with hefty pace down the flanks. Their african centreback and (bulgarian???) left back were imposing figures for the duration of the game. I dont like Lolito, he is a goon...but I like the way Lazio play, very mobile, lots of skill and energy. Entertaining and tough to break down...They deserved more from the game, if we are taking solely the first half, as they bossed proceedings for most of that period. Still, whilst they had the lionshare of decent opportunities to test the keeper, we had a handful of our own...

The second half was far more even. Which I put down in some way to Giovinco's endeavour. The little man was buzzing around like a happy bee, desperate to sting...Also our defence was more assured and comfortable, why so??? I am unsure, other than perhaps Ciro instilled more of a need for balance, or asked Melo to hold back more and let the other midfielders go up and down the field....

Positives to take were Caceres. Understandably edgy on his debut, grew in confidence slowly but surely after the break, and scored a wonderful goal...Grosso's emergence in the ranks was near to seamless, and a definite improvement over De Ceglie and Molinaro. Trez got a goal...Buffon is in imperious form...A clean sheet, away to one of the most fluid attacking units in the league...Other than Diego's injury, which we will hope isn't too serious, we won a game which perhaps we didn't deserve more than a draw from...and only Great teams play badly, especially away from home, against top class opposition, and come away with a 0-2 victory.

MOM- Buffon. Nobody else was as consistently superb...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)