Serie A: Juventus vs Siena [Dec 23 2007] (4 Viewers)

A.D.Piero

Aug 6, 2007
I think it won't be an easy match and siena will show everything they have in the upcoming challenge although another win is waiting for us...
My Fav Line-Up :
Buffon
Salihamdzic,Legrottaglie,Chiellini,Molinaro
Marco,Tiago,Zanetti,Nedved
Tre,DP

Geof

May 14, 2004
Last match before the Xmas break, so no one should be rested.

I don't even imagine not winning at home against Siena. On paper, this is one of our easiest matches of the year, yet we still need to be focused, no match is won before the final whistle.

With Inter-Milan and Roma-Sampdoria, there is a possibility that our direct opponents drop some points (though I don't predict they will), which would be sweet, and would boost our confidence towards the second round.

-------------Buffon--------------
Zebina-Legro-Chiellini-Molinaro
----Nocerino-Tiago-Zanetti---
------------Nedved--------------
-----Trezeguet--Del Piero----

Tiago should be given a starting role before the mercato opens, just for shutting the mouth to rumours. If he doesn't perform, Iaquinta could come in to revert to a 433.

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007

I don't even imagine not winning at home against Siena. On paper, this is one of our easiest matches of the year, yet we still need to be focused, no match is won before the final whistle.

With Inter-Milan and Roma-Sampdoria, there is a possibility that our direct opponents drop some points (though I don't predict they will), which would be sweet, and would boost our confidence towards the second round.

Tiago should be given a starting role before the mercato opens, just for shutting the mouth to rumours. If he doesn't perform, Iaquinta could come in to revert to a 433.

:tup: :flag2:

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003

:tup:

you think tiago did good enough to convince ranieri ?

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
The problem with this match is that everybody knows that shady things were happening whenever we played Siena in the past. We had a lot of players loaned there and we were winning the matches against Siena easier than one could expect. And we didn't do that twice or three times so one can say it's a coincidence. We did it year after year, 6 times exactly.

Now, after Calciopoli, many still expect Siena to give us the points without a fight. But is this way of thinking realistic ? Milan-Inter kicks-off at the same time so not everyone will watch our match. But still some will watch it and i doubt Siena are in the mood their name to be in every single paper again. I'm sure they will give 100% to show to the world that they're not Juve B or little Juve anymore, as people called them in the past
We mustn't take things for granted. We can beat Siena, we're much better. But to do that we'll have to earn the points on the pitch. We won't just walk on the pitch and have a 3:0 lead after 15 minutes.

Now, if we accept that it won't be a walk in the park, lets see what do they have :
1. 17th placed team with only 2 wins, 8 draws and 6 defeats
2. The only team that wasn't outplayed by Milan when Milan played away from San Siro, and one of the two teams that managed to take some points from Milan away from SS.
3. Team with pretty bad defense, not creative midfield, but dangerous attack with Maccarone, Locatelli and in-form Mario Frick (Chiesa is still unavailable).
4-3-3 or 4-3-1-2 is what they usually play.

This is not a Coppa match where Ranieri will give a chance to players who didn't get many chances in previous matches. This also isn't a "friendly" match where the 3 points are granted.
That's why we'll have to use the best available, without experimenting with Birindelli, Criscito, Boumsong, Olivera or Almiron.

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007

I think Tiago was not that good but...... considering all bad press and his better performance recently, i think he should have a go and start up. Siena is not some top team where we really could see if he is up to the task as yet, but this could be his last chance to shine. I hope he proves everyone who doubts about him that he is
top player..Otherwise....

Geof

May 14, 2004

Ranieri said that he was happy with Tiago's recent displays and that he would be looking to play him more. In Camo's absence, the best opportunity is Tiago in a flat 3 man midfield with Nedved in front of that.
This way, Ranieri doesn't have to chose between Tiago and Nocerino, and Nedved can run more freely between the lines. Tiago would be allowed to go a bit more forward with Nedved probably moving more to the left, as he likes to do.

The fact that Marchionni, Brazzo and Palladino haven't convinced as right wingers should push Ranieri to use this system; it also remains to be seen if Iaquinta is fit enough to start to do a full 433. If he is, Tiago would be the one dropped out I guess.

Now, after Calciopoli, many still expect Siena to give us the points without a fight. But is this way of thinking realistic ? Milan-Inter kicks-off at the same time so not everyone will watch our match. But still some will watch it and i doubt Siena are in the mood their name to be in every single paper again. I'm sure they will give 100% to show to the world that they're not Juve B or little Juve anymore, as people called them in the past

True that. Especially since our best on-loan players are with Empoli. Siena have nothing to thank or give us, De Ceglie is doing good for them, but nothing like Marchisio or Giovinco. I don't think Siena will give us anything. We'll have to take it, and we are more than capable of doing that.

This is not a Coppa match where Ranieri will give a chance to players who didn't get many chances in previous matches. This also isn't a "friendly" match where the 3 points are granted.
That's why we'll have to use the best available, without experimenting with Birindelli, Criscito, Boumsong, Olivera or Almiron.
Yes, and as I said this is the last match before the break. No point in resting stars, plus the press will speculate on who will leave. Let's give a clear signal by showing who is to stay and who to leave. Boumsong, Olivera and Almiron are bye-bye for me. If you play one of those they'll be "I have a future here, blablabla", where it's pretty clear to me that they don't.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003

I second that post. 100%

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Milan is hypothetically just one point of Udinese though. Remember, Milan have 3 games in hand. Their current position in the league table is somewhat misleading.

I think Milan will be in 4th place by season's end.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Milan is hypothetically just one point of Udinese though. Remember, Milan have 3 games in hand. Their current position in the league table is somewhat misleading.

I think Milan will be in 4th place by season's end.
This is how I see the table by the end of the season:

1- Inter
2- Juventus
3- Roma
4- Milan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)