[SERIE A] JUVENTUS vs Reggina (11/29/08) (1 Viewer)

Man of the match

• Chiellini

• Sissoko

• Camoranesi

• Nedved

• Del Piero

• Amauri

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
My biggest concerns are that Marchioni & Marchisio are not showing any signs of progression after getting several chances. Am I the only one seeing that they are one dimensional & don't seem to have too much room to grow into?

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #263
    My biggest concerns are that Marchioni & Marchisio are not showing any signs of progression after getting several chances. Am I the only one seeing that they are one dimensional & don't seem to have too much room to grow into?
    Marchisio needs to improve his passing. He's no Molinaro but he should really improve for a midfielder.... or else I'm doubting his future.

gaudi143

Nov 22, 2008
    yeah i agree it was a great confidence booster. i thought we played well, however, i still don't see why nedved had to play the whole game, really should have come off at about the 70th minute, even though he played well, we cant risk him at such a frail stage.:bigscarf:

Mar 30, 2006
    Marchisio needs to improve his passing. He's no Molinaro but he should really improve for a midfielder.... or else I'm doubting his future.
    C Zanetti was not always a great passer and used to be just a touch as nails defensive mid who would get alot of cards. But over time he developed his passing game and now he has come to the point where he can make fantastic short and long passes. I think Marchisio will follow him in that sense. As he is great defensively and has alot of fight but needs to calm down when making passes and work on his technique so he does not give the ball away.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
    Orlandi analyses travel sickness Saturday 29 November, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nevio Orlandi assures Juventus are still in the Scudetto race and believes Reggina’s travel sickness is psychological.

“Evidently we fall apart after the second goal that we concede. That prompted a subservient tone and it is a psychological issue,” noted the Amaranto boss after a 4-0 thrashing in Turin.

“It is an issue of mentality when playing away from home. We went 2-0 down at home to Inter and fought back, so it is definitely a mental problem rather than a physical or tactical one.

“We tried to focus on controlling the ball and not giving Juve’s defenders any reference points. We used this system in Udine and it worked a lot better.”

Orlandi’s decision to drop Bernardo Corradi for the away games had proved inspired when winning 1-0 at Udinese, but failed to make the same impact here.

“Corradi is more useful at home because we tend to have more attacking moves and need greater strength in the air. I made this choice for our away games precisely so that we don’t give our opponents anyone to mark.

“Juventus are certainly in the Scudetto race, not because they beat Reggina tonight, but for everything they have done throughout the campaign.

“They have a quality squad, an organised club and the mentality of being accustomed to fighting for these titles.”

Channel 4

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    Gio in such a short amount of time contributed plenty to our attack. Like I said a few days ago about whether Gio is too small to play in this league...he is the kind of player that draws tackles into fouls like the PK, we need someone like that as DP is aging. Both of them will give defenses a huge headache. I wish we could have seen him before the snow stuck to the pitch.

I love watching our old guard click...there is nothing better, all we need now is Buffon screaming up the pitch and trez netting his classic poacher goal:)

Mar 14, 2004
    C Zanetti was not always a great passer and used to be just a touch as nails defensive mid who would get alot of cards. But over time he developed his passing game and now he has come to the point where he can make fantastic short and long passes. I think Marchisio will follow him in that sense. As he is great defensively and has alot of fight but needs to calm down when making passes and work on his technique so he does not give the ball away.

C.Zanetti was always a DM that could pass and create more than 90% of players in his position. Even back in Roma days... one of most underrated players of our time. Marchisio was tended to be different player,more to attack than defense. Like Lamps,Lucho or Gerrard. I hope he gets to that style,but far away from Juve.

Remember that I said that Maresca will never be the player that U all expected to turn into? He never did. Marchisio story will be the same.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)