[SERIE A] JUVENTUS vs Reggina (11/29/08) (5 Viewers)

Man of the match

• Chiellini

• Sissoko

• Camoranesi

• Nedved

• Del Piero

• Amauri

Results are only viewable after voting.

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
channel 4

Juventus 4 - 0 Reggina
Camoranesi 27 (J), Amauri 44 (J), Chiellini 62 (J), Del Piero pen 74 (J)
Stadio Olimpico

Alessandro Del Piero's 250th goal in a Juventus jersey was the high point of a 4-0 victory over Reggina in the middle of a snowstorm.

The Bianconeri's run of seven straight wins came crashing to a halt with the 1-0 defeat at Inter and the midweek 0-0 in the Champions League away to Zenit. The injury list still included Gigi Buffon, David Trezeguet, Cristiano Zanetti, Hasan Salihamidzic, Jonathan Zebina and Tiago Mendes. Reggina were on cloud nine after two consecutive victories against Udinese and Atalanta, but had only ever scored twice in Turin.

The conditions were hardly conducive to entertaining play, as it was freezing and rain soon made way for sleet and occasionally snow.

Juve had penalty appeals after five minutes when Barilla' seemed to shove Mauro Camoranesi as both went for the cross and the Bianconeri man landed awkwardly on his shoulder. He played on despite barely being able to move his right arm.

He still managed to set up an assist for Alessandro Del Piero, but Valdez's sliding tackle from six yards was enough to put the captain off.

Giorgio Chiellini went close to an opener as his downward header turned a corner kick inches past the far post. Andrea Campagnolo got down to palm a Del Piero free kick from 35 metres out of the near bottom corner of the net.

Camoranesi had only one arm at his disposal, but was still able to score the opener! Del Piero's inspired backheel sent Pavel Nedved clear down the left flank and he cut back for the unmarked Camoranesi to fire under the bar. The post-match celebrations were curious, as Camo rushed to tell his teammates not to hug him for fear of further damaging his shoulder.

Reggina came so close to an equaliser on 33 minutes, but Santos' flick turned Cozza's free kick on to the crossbar with Alex Manninger stranded.

Del Piero's curler was heading for the far bottom corner before Campagnolo got down to palm it round the post.

Del Piero's dummy let a Camoranesi cross through for Nedved at the other channel, but Campagnolo did brilliantly to tip the shot over with a fingertip save.

The snow was barrelling down, but it didn't stop Amauri doubling Juve's advantage just before the break. He was quickest to react, controlling the deflected cross from the right and spinning round to fire in from six yards.

Camoranesi did not come back out after half-time, making way for Marco Marchionni, as he clearly could not move his shoulder.

Momo Sissoko intercepted a dangerous Barilla' cutback for the unmarked Franco Brienza on the penalty spot, but at the other end Amauri only got the slightest of touches to Del Piero's cross.

Juve made it 3-0 on the hour mark. A long free kick was whipped in towards the back post for Chiellini's header into the ground that bounced past Campagnolo. The defender was left totally unmarked, though.

Campagnolo punched a Marchionni cross off Del Piero's head, but the snow was falling very heavily and made it difficult for the players to keep their footing.

Brienza was livid when he curled in a quickly-taken free kick, but the referee said he had not given the go-ahead to resume play. Reggina had not asked for the wall to set its distance, but there had been a fairly large gap between the original foul and the free kick. Brienza and particularly Bruno Cirillo were furious and had to be held back during their protests.

Brienza eventually did take the free kick, which skimmed the crossbar, perhaps with a fingertip save from Manninger.

The state of the pitch clearly became an issue when both Amauri and Del Piero scuffed the ball after lining up their shots, as the snow was settling on the grass.

Substitute Sebastian Giovinco was tripped by Cirillo in the box for a penalty. Del Piero stepped up and powerfully converted into the top corner for his 250th goal in a Juventus jersey.
Juventus: Manninger; Grygera, Legrottaglie, Chiellini, Molinaro, Camoranesi (Marchionni 46), Marchisio (Giovinco 70), Sissoko, Nedved, Del Piero, Amauri (Iaquinta 76)

Reggina: Campagnolo; Cirillo, Valdez, Santos, Costa, Alvarez (Corradi 51), Carmona (Tognozzi 57), Barreto, Barillà, Cozza (Di Gennaro 82), Brienza

Ref: Damato

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
Juve played a very good game but I have to say I am dissappointed about the toothless Reggina. What a serious embarassment to Serie A. You don't see that shit in the Primera Division where even the bottom teams consists of players that can actually handle a football and works their asses off. Reggina looked a Serie C side tonight and they had already given up when the game started.

Anyway, we helped make them look bad and I am satisfied especially given how the turf was come second half. Sissoko what a fucking monsterous performance, easily the mom. Camoranesi, what can you say... goosebumps when he started working his magic and when he scored the first goal. It's been a while, grazie Camo. :touched:
Del Piero, wonderful and a wicked penalty execution. Giovinco came on and showed what he is good for. Defence, perfect all game.

Bring on... Lecce?

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #225
    Great game. Glad we bounced back after the Inter defeat. Again we've shown that we are really good this season and we need to keep playing this way against small teams to keep marching forward.

To me they were all great. Was really happy to watch Gio, too bad snow ruined his speedy legs though. Our defenders and midfielders were blocking everything down. Our attackers did their job, though I wanted to see Iaquinta socring.

Manninger 6

Grygera 6.5
    Legro 7
    Chiellini 6.5
    Molinaro 6.5

Sissoko 7
    Marchisio 6.5
    Camoranesi 6.5
    Nedved 6.5

Amauri 6.5
    Del Piero 7

Marco 6
    Gio 6.5
    Iaquinta N/R

Ranieri my MoM.... Good tactics and formation brilliant subs. Credits goes to him.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
    Manninger 6.5 Authorative
    Grygera 6 Disciplined
    Legrottaglie 6.5 Solid
    Chiellini 7 Hungry
    Molinaro 5.5 Chaotic
    Camoranesi 7+ Heroic
    (Marchionni 6 Indecisive)
    Sissoko 7 Massive
    Marchisio 6 Inconsistent
    (Giovinco 6.5 exciting)
    Nedved 7 Dominant
    Del Piero 7 Superiour
    Amauri 6.5 Out-of-sync/Combative
    (Iaquinta -)

mondo1

May 14, 2006
    Great game. Glad we bounced back after the Inter defeat. Again we've shown that we are really good this season and we need to keep playing this way against small teams to keep marching forward.

To me they were all great. Was really happy to watch Gio, too bad snow ruined his speedy legs though. Our defenders and midfielders were blocking everything down. Our attackers did their job, though I wanted to see Iaquinta socring.

Manninger 6

Grygera 6.5
    Legro 7
    Chiellini 6.5
    Molinaro 6.5

Sissoko 7
    Marchisio 6.5
    Camoranesi 6.5
    Nedved 6.5

Amauri 6.5
    Del Piero 7

Marco 6
    Gio 6.5
    Iaquinta N/R

Ranieri my MoM.... Good tactics and formation brilliant subs. Credits goes to him.
    chillini was way better than legro moli or grygera...first of all he scored a goal

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    What a match! I really like this kind of play, I enjoy this football a lot. Del Piero is a genius and I will always say there is only one Del Piero.

Camoranesi was great, the way he played with a hurt shoulder will not be forgotten.

Chiellini and Legro are amazing.

Amauri is a monster.

But Sissoko takes my special salute this match. He was simply everywhere.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Camoranesi for me, even though he played only 45 minutes.
    I'll remember this match by his injured shoulder and how he handled it. He decided to keep playing and eventually he scored a goal and assisted another one.
    Class !

Sissoko and Del Piero were just as amazing.
    Agreed. Camo was my MoM as well...

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
    Amauri's performance was odd for me. He did very well for his goal and worked his ass off, but he was just not in tune with the team. He was positioned poorly during most attacks and couldn't combine succesfully with anyone tonight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)