Serie A: Juventus vs Parma [April 16 , 2008] (1 Viewer)

Mafia

Pinturicchio
Jul 21, 2006
Screw sentimentality. Sell him while someone still believes, like you, that he's worth something. Then take that cash and help us fund someone who is worthy to start more regularly.
Fair enough cause a starter would always be more worthwhile i suppose, but i still think he has potential, and he is worth something. If anything get rid of someone like Tiago or something and buy us a better CAM, palladino is fine for a 4th striker and i dont think it makes sense to sell him and buy someone like Amauri in exchange. This is because we will make a loss if we sell palladino and buy Amauri, not only money wise but we will most likely lose out on even more youth products.

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #426
    I apologize

Before the 2005–06 season if two or more teams were tied in points for first place, for only one spot in a European tournament, or in the relegation zone, teams would play tie-breaking games after the season was over to determine which team would be champion, or be awarded a European tournament spot, or be saved or relegated. Since 2005-06, if two or more teams end the season with the same number of points, the ordering is determined by their head-to-head records. In case two or more teams have same total points and same head-to-head records, goal difference becomes the secondary deciding factor.

SlimValdi

Dec 28, 2002
    Goal/com Ratings

Buffon - 6: He could have afforded to stay and watch the game at home with his feet-up. Did not have a save of note to make all game. A spectator.

Grygera - 6.5: Has been one of Juve’s most improved players in recent months. Solid again at the back. Made one great challenge, and could have scored down the other end.

Stendardo - 7: A rare outing for the Lazio-owned stopper. Dealt with Corradi’s aerial threat, and did not put a foot wrong on the ground either.

Chiellini – 6.5: Typical committed display from the Juve hardman. Usually he dishes out treatment, but tonight he took a punch to the face from Couto.

Molinaro - 7: Usually Juve’s defensive weak link, but he did well tonight. His pace can always get him out of trouble, and he also delivered some fine crosses.

Salihamidzic – 6: Nowhere near as impressive as during the Milan game, but still a busy and hardworking display from the Bosnian international.

Camoranesi - 7.5: Quite simply irreplaceable in this Juventus line-up. When Camoranesi plays there will always be a creative spark. Was involved in the first goal, and one through pass he did to Grygera was out of this world.

Nocerino – 6.5: Went through most of the first half unnoticed, but he livened up after the break, and got himself involved more-and-more.

Palladino - 8.5: The Neapolitan is almost certain to leave in the summer, but perhaps the Juve hierarchy should have second thoughts based on his performance tonight. His goal was simply stunning, and he was without doubt the best player on the pitch.

Del Piero – 7: Not as influential as he has been in recent months, but the Golden Boy was still a threat. He created Trezeguet’s opener, and went on a few mazy runs.

Trezeguet - 7: The prolific Frenchman did what he was picked for, and that was to score, even if it was from all of one yard. Did not do too much thereafter, but it didn’t matter.

Subs: Tiago 6.5, Nedved 6.5, Marchionni 6

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    You don't need to.
    I made the same mistake 3 days ago and that's where i learned that there are no more play-offs.

And today i learned another rule about offside (thanx mikey). In almost 29 years of my life i never knew about this rule. (i'm talking about Trezeguet's goal today)

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #432
    You don't need to.
    I made the same mistake 3 days ago and that's where i learned that there are no more play-offs.

And today i learned another rule about offside (thanx mikey). In almost 29 years of my life i never knew about this rule. (i'm talking about Trezeguet's goal today)
    What rule? I didn't see his goal.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    What rule? I didn't see his goal.
    I'll try to explain but it will be clearer when you'll see the goal.

The ball is passed to Trez and one Parma player is at the goal line.
    Normally everyone will say that this isn't offside since there is a Parma player in front of Trez.

But it was offside. The offside rule says that if you're in front of the ball when it's passed to you, at least 2 players must be in front of you (including the goalkeeper) for you to be onside.
    Since the goalkeeper was behind Trez when the ball was passed to him and only one Parma player was in front of Trez, it should have been an offside.

We all attacked Mike-y for saying this because we thought it's pure BS, but then we checked FIFA rules and it turned out to be that Mikey was right and Trez was offside indeed.

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #436
    Yes it has to be at least two players, the keeper counts as one player.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    Yes it has to be at least two players, the keeper counts as one player.
    Yeah, well i had no idea about this rule. :)

Then everyone mentioned Inzaghi's goal against us when there was only one player from Juve in front of Inzaghi when he scored the goal (Buffon), but Bonera was in front of Inzaghi when he passed it to him, so that isn't offside.

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #439
    Yeah, well i had no idea about this rule. :)

Then everyone mentioned Inzaghi's goal against us when there was only one player in front of Inzaghi when he scored the goal (Buffon), but the ball was in front of Inzaghi when Bonera passed it to him, so that isn't offside
    Yes, Inzaghi's goal was not offside and neither was Bonera even though there were others offside. And Bonera played the ball which makes it another situation and Inzaghi being in offside position before doesn't matter anymore.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
    I'll try to explain but it will be clearer when you'll see the goal.

The ball is passed to Trez and one Parma player is at the goal line.
    Normally everyone will say that this isn't offside since there is a Parma player in front of Trez.

But it was offside. The offside rule says that if you're in front of the ball when it's passed to you, at least 2 players must be in front of you (including the goalkeeper) for you to be onside.
    Since the goalkeeper was behind Trez when the ball was passed to him and only one Parma player was in front of Trez, it should have been an offside.

We all attacked Mike-y for saying this because we thought it's pure BS, but then we checked FIFA rules and it turned out to be that Mikey was right and Trez was offside indeed.
    summed it up nicely! :scudetto:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)