Serie A: Juventus vs Lazio [April 27 , 2008] (1 Viewer)

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Anyone notice Del Piero and Trez were having a somewhat serious discussion right before kick-off of the second half? I wonder what they were arguing about. Maybe it's things like that that give them such good chemistry on the pitch.

Jun 13, 2007
εℓvίn;1624383 said:
So, I don't see why a guy with more PKs should get less credit.
That's a good point although in play goals are generally harder to score than penalty goals. Ofcourse you have your exceptions such as Inzaghi-tap-ins..etc..

More often than not however, in play goals are much tougher to score and do deserve more credit.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Ratings from goal.com

Mauro Camoranesi: 8.5 - The architect of the Juventus attack had a hand in four of the five goals and was easily the man of the match. His set piece deliveries were sensational today.
hands down the best player we have on this club. he proves it every match

Jun 13, 2007
hands down the best player we have on this club. he proves it every match
He defintely is our best player this season. His consistency is scary. I hope this isn't just good form. If he can maintain this level of play, our attack will continue to be the best in serie A.

Btw, does anyone find it odd that we have been awarded just 4 penalties this entire season?

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Btw, does anyone find it odd that we have been awarded just 4 penalties this entire season?
5 (Del Piero 3, 1 of them missed, Trezeguet 1 and Iaquinta 1)

Tbh, in last 15 or more matches there weren't more than one or two situations where a penalty could have been given.
I don't find that strange.

What i find strange is the number of penalties given against us in the first 3 months of the season, when we were still contenders for the scudetto and the penalties given against us in the second part when we were definitely out of the scudetto race.
6 penalties against us in the opening 12 rounds and only 1 in the following 23 rounds so far.

Jun 13, 2007
5 (Del Piero 3, 1 of them missed, Trezeguet 1 and Iaquinta 1)

Tbh, in last 15 or more matches there weren't more than one or two situations where a penalty could have been given.
I don't find that strange.

What i find strange is the number of penalties given against us in the first 3 months of the season, when we were still contenders for the scudetto and the penalties given against us in the second part when we were definitely out of the scudetto race.
6 penalties against us in the opening 12 rounds and only 1 in the following 23 rounds so far.
That's what I mean, I don't think I can recall a season where we had more penalties against us than for us.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
εℓvίn;1624369 said:
Some goals are easier than a PK convert, you know...
True but some PK goals are undeserved because it isn't always the PK scorer who earned the penalty himself.

Kosta

The Eccentric
Jul 16, 2006
Lazio didn't know what HIT them in the first half.

Talk about that boring 1:0 wins under Capello, now it's pure joy to watch Juve play.

Jun 13, 2007
What if Trez and Alex end up with same number of goals with the same number of penalties given that they are first ofcourse.

What happens then?

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Buffon 5.5....He should have done more in the first goal.

Grygera 5.5....weak in the 2nd half.
Legro 5...not his day
Chiellini 7....not that tough at the back, but 7 for the brace
Molinaro 5.5...Trezeguet will have a heart attack someday soon because of him.

Sissoko 6... too many mistakes, a better first half
Zanetti 6.5...looking solid and good like usually
Camoranesi 8....Was his match, brilliant touches, crosses, passes etc
Nedved 7...Excellent game by Pavel, unlucky not to score. Almost a perfect game.

Del Piero 7....Great goal, and good perfomance.
Trezeguet 6.5...some unnecessary mistakes, but was ok.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
3rd goal was the best move of the whole season...great tackle by Sissoko, fantastic thru ball by Zanetti and cool-as-ice finish by Ale

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)