[Serie A] Juventus - Sampdoria (4 Viewers)

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
++ [ originally posted by DelpieroForLife ] ++
His susppend was for one match????
Ok never mind lets hope he recieve another red card in the first half :D
Y not get injured in training?

Oh ok that might be harsh...

Then hope he gets a cold and cant play:p:p

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by gazzetta.it] ++
JUVENTUS 4-4-2
1 Buffon
15 Birindelli
21 Thuram
28 Cannavaro
7 Pessotto
16 Camoranesi
8 Emerson
3 Tacchinardi
19 Zambrotta
17 Trezeguet
10 Del Piero

A disposizione
12 Chimenti
18 Appiah
4 Montero
23 Kapo
20 Blasi
25 Zalayeta
9 Ibrahimovic
Gazzetta's probable formations are right most of the time. Looking forward to seeing DP- Trezeguet upfront again, I also hope this indicates that Capello is set for the rotation-system upfront again.
Zambrotta as left midfielder should be interesting as well, I hope Pessotto fills in adequately as left-back.
Tacchinardi will probably keep his place after a confident performance against Atalanta, rightfully so.

Juve_Kosova

★ ★ ★
May 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Dominic ] ++

Gazzetta's probable formations are right most of the time. Looking forward to seeing DP- Trezeguet upfront again, I also hope this indicates that Capello is set for the rotation-system upfront again.
Zambrotta as left midfielder should be interesting as well, I hope Pessotto fills in adequately as left-back.
Tacchinardi will probably keep his place after a confident performance against Atalanta, rightfully so.
dont believe in everything u read.. i dont think Capello Is gonna use dp from start just because he scored a penalty...

BUT imo he should use him as a left winger, now that olivera is ban and nedved is out...

camo-emerson-tacchi-dp
-------trez-zlatan

btw.... lol had no clue that the games was gonna be playd this wed. that means tomorow..

Week 22 - 2/2/05
Bologna - Parma Thu
Fiorentina - Palermo Wed
Inter - Atalanta Wed
Juventus - Sampdoria Wed Forza Juventus
Lazio - Brescia Wed
Lecce - Roma Wed
Livorno - Reggina Wed
Messina - Milan Wed Forza Messina
Siena - Cagliari Wed
Udinese - Chievo Wed

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

please don't tell me this is another case of "Because he's loyal and has been here longer". The reason Tacchinardi's performance looked polished against Atalanta is because he was alongside Emerson, whilst IMO Blasi is a great player in his own right. If Tacchinardi played next to say, Appiah, I'm sure he wouldn't be getting the rave reviews he did after the Atalanta match. I'm sorry but I think the general concensus is that Blasi is the better player.
I've never said something like this " Because he's loyal and BS " ok?... i just feel that tacchinardi can give better on the pitch, i agree Blasi is great but that doesn't mean tacchinardi can't give anymore...i saw some highlights of the game vs atalanta and i saw positive Tachi, so why not to play him!!

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Ancelotti Targets Must Win Against Messina
2/1/2005 4:19:00 PM
The Rossoneri cannot afford to lose further ground from Juventus as they travel to Sicily to face Messina.
Carlo Ancelotti is confident that Milan’s pursue of the league leaders will continue on Wednesday night with a win at Messina after two consecutive defeats which saw them fall eight points behind the Bianconeri.

“We must win. There are no other strategies to recover points. Wednesday night’s match for us is fundamental. We must have the same spirit we shall have in two week’s time against Manchester.

“Our group is solid and motivated and the league is not over yet.”

Aug 26, 2003
Serie A Preview: Juventus-Sampadoria
2/1/2005 4:06:00 PM
Sampdoria were held by Siena on Sunday and this week they face an in form Juventus who have knocked any idea of crisis out of contention.
BACKGROUND

The two teams met before in on the 20/09/04 with Juventus taking the spoils and showing their title intentions by defeating Sampdoria 3-0. At that time a mini crisis hit the club for they lost their first three games. Sampdoria have since recovered from that slump and have put forth excellent displays of football. They are in 5th place and are in the hunt to play European football. With quality players they are sure to clinch A UEFA Cup place, if not a Champions League position.

Juventus will have a harder task to defeat Sampdoria for they are a much more solid side than Atalanta and the Achilles Tendon of Juventus being that Nedved is injured they may suffer that spark in midfield. Moreover, many defenders have left Juventus such as Tudor who is at Siena, Iuliano at Mallorca and Legrotaglie at Bologna, the central part of defense could also be at risk. Sampdoria are capable of beating Juventus and putting goals in the net, but their defense is also shady (remember Inter’s 3-2 comeback) and Antonioli being known to buckle under pressure could also inhibit Sampdorias European ambitions.

TEAM NEWS

Nedved is out with a knee injury, which could cause a problem for Juve and their Scudetto and CL hopes. Anyhow, his ingenuity will be missed but Juve have the quality to win without him. Zambritta is out with a thigh injury as Pessotto is also injured (he is not a starter anyway). As for Sampadoria Doni is out for two months with a ruptured thigh, and theur new striker Inzaghi, is out with a pinched nerve.

As for suspensions, Blasi is suspended for Juventus, as for Sampdoria Flachi and Bettarini are suspended. Camoranesi, Zebina and Appiah bring yellow cards to this game as for Sampadoria: Palombo, Pavan and Flachi carry cards form previous games.

PLAYERS TO WATCH

Trezeguet (Juventus)
Trezegol is back form injury and he would like to leave his mark and contribute to Juve’s title ambitions. When healthy he is on of the best strikers in Europe. There may be a problem for him to get service but I expect Camoraniesi and other midfielders to carry the responsibility that Nedved would have done otherwise.

Antonioli (Sampdoria)
Last match, 3 goals slipped past him. He is known to be inconsistent and he must be at his best if his team would like to progress and play in European competition. He will be the last line of defense when Ibra or Trezegol get past the defense.

PROBABLE STARTING XI

Juventus (4-4-2):
Buffon, Zebina, Thuram, Cannavaro, Birindelli, Camoranesi, Appiah, Tacchinardi, Olivera, Ibrahimovic, Trezeguet. Coach: Capello.

Sampdoria (4-4-2):
Antonioli, Zenini, Castellini, Falcone, Pisano, Diana, Palombo, Volpi, Tonetto, Kuruzov, Rossini. Coach: Novellino.

PREDICTION

Sampdoria have put forth a string of good results and have played exciting soccer, but at the end of the day expect Juventus to gain three points. They have the quality and they cannot afford any mistakes for if they do Milan will be back in contention. All victories in Italy will bring them confidence when they play Madrid in three weeks time.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
Sampdoria were held by Siena on Sunday and this week they face an in form Juventus who have knocked any idea of crisis out of contention.

BACKGROUND

The two teams met before in on the 20/09/04 with Juventus taking the spoils and showing their title intentions by defeating Sampdoria 3-0. At that time a mini crisis hit the club for they lost their first three games. Sampdoria have since recovered from that slump and have put forth excellent displays of football. They are in 5th place and are in the hunt to play European football. With quality players they are sure to clinch A UEFA Cup place, if not a Champions League position.

Juventus will have a harder task to defeat Sampdoria for they are a much more solid side than Atalanta and the Achilles Tendon of Juventus being that Nedved is injured they may suffer that spark in midfield. Moreover, many defenders have left Juventus such as Tudor who is at Siena, Iuliano at Mallorca and Legrotaglie at Bologna, the central part of defense could also be at risk. Sampdoria are capable of beating Juventus and putting goals in the net, but their defense is also shady (remember Inter’s 3-2 comeback) and Antonioli being known to buckle under pressure could also inhibit Sampdorias European ambitions.

TEAM NEWS

Nedved is out with a knee injury, which could cause a problem for Juve and their Scudetto and CL hopes. Anyhow, his ingenuity will be missed but Juve have the quality to win without him. Zambritta is out with a thigh injury as Pessotto is also injured (he is not a starter anyway). As for Sampadoria Doni is out for two months with a ruptured thigh, and theur new striker Inzaghi, is out with a pinched nerve.

As for suspensions, Blasi is suspended for Juventus, as for Sampdoria Flachi and Bettarini are suspended. Camoranesi, Zebina and Appiah bring yellow cards to this game as for Sampadoria: Palombo, Pavan and Flachi carry cards form previous games.

PLAYERS TO WATCH

Trezeguet (Juventus)
Trezegol is back form injury and he would like to leave his mark and contribute to Juve’s title ambitions. When healthy he is on of the best strikers in Europe. There may be a problem for him to get service but I expect Camoraniesi and other midfielders to carry the responsibility that Nedved would have done otherwise.

Antonioli (Sampdoria)
Last match, 3 goals slipped past him. He is known to be inconsistent and he must be at his best if his team would like to progress and play in European competition. He will be the last line of defense when Ibra or Trezegol get past the defense.

PROBABLE STARTING XI

Juventus (4-4-2):
Buffon, Zebina, Thuram, Cannavaro, Birindelli, Camoranesi, Appiah, Tacchinardi, Olivera, Ibrahimovic, Trezeguet. Coach: Capello.

Sampdoria (4-4-2):
Antonioli, Zenini, Castellini, Falcone, Pisano, Diana, Palombo, Volpi, Tonetto, Kuruzov, Rossini. Coach: Novellino.

PREDICTION

Sampdoria have put forth a string of good results and have played exciting soccer, but at the end of the day expect Juventus to gain three points. They have the quality and they cannot afford any mistakes for if they do Milan will be back in contention. All victories in Italy will bring them confidence when they play Madrid in three weeks time.

from Goal.com

I think they are right. We should win this one. :D

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
Zlatan - Trezeguet

Kapo-Emerson-Blasi-Camo

Zamb-Canna-Thuram-Zebina

Buffon

And if we lead 2-0 we sub Cannavaro or Thuram. And If Kapo sux, bring in Del Piero!

FORZA JUVE, I know we will win this!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)