[Serie A] Juventus - Sampdoria (1 Viewer)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Here is the thing Stuart, we have been over this thousands of times. Has Trezeguet ever done more in our matches other than scoring goals? Has he ever had that much of an influence on team build up or creating chances himself? So now since the going gets tough and nobody else is creating chances blame goes towards Trezeguet for not doing his part. However, the problem with this is that Trezeguet's job has never been creating chances, rather only finishing chances off. How can we press someone to do a job he has never been able to do and frankly never relied upon do so? Its not that easy and you should know that all Trezeguet provides is the goal scoring touch, and when the creativity runs dry Trezeguet becomes ineffective. It's as simple as that. Its either we fix the creativity and creating chances problem in attack or just get rid of Trezeguet. Err wait a minute, why should we throw away our most reliable goal scorer on the team? Again this is not at all Trezeguet's fault because its like asking a blind man to read Shakespeare, not gonna work out.
I have never been too fond of Trezeguet's style of play, and that's the honest to God truth. He's extremely good at what he does and I'm not expecting him to learn how to create three good chances a game, that would be unreasonable and for Trez impossible, but he needs to do a bit more than just finish, if not, I'd go with DP and Zlatan upfront. I'm all for fixing the creativity problem and if Olivera is played in the centre I'd gladly start Trezeguet because he's the best finisher in this team, no doubt about it, but when we play two DMs I think the DP-Zlatan partnership has a better chances of functioning because they can both drop back, make space and create chances. I'd much rather sign a Riquelme or Rosicky than replace Trezeguet, but until Moggi does that or Capello decides to take more risks and play Olivera in the centre, it's not going to be easy to give David the supply he requires.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Huzi

Oct 9, 2002
well , i must say that this match will be the most difficult match for Juventus so far this season , cause regardless of the opponent which is very solid at home , just look at our possible lineup this evening & u'll see that we're gonna be like a bird wothout wings i.e. Nedved & Camoranesi , thus a bird wothout wings can't fly by any means but just let's hope that our team finds the way to win this match cause ( for me ) it's win or die !!

forza Juve

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)