[Serie A] Juventus - Sampdoria (3 Viewers)

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
i agree with azzurri7 real are not setting the spanish league on fire and they will not be happy facing us they will have a lot of work to do to defeat us over two legs. plus about all the negative stuff about how shit some of our players are how good are guti,helguera,cassilias,carlos the list can be made longer forza juve

Buy on AliExpress.com

Huzi

Oct 9, 2002
just a pt to the guy who started to celebrate the scudetto in the most useless thread i've ever read in the forum , it's now back to 5 pts mate so let's celebrate again . huh !!!

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Eire ] ++
i agree with azzurri7 real are not setting the spanish league on fire and they will not be happy facing us they will have a lot of work to do to defeat us over two legs. plus about all the negative stuff about how shit some of our players are how good are guti,helguera,cassilias,carlos the list can be made longer forza juve
:)...Lets not forget we have an advantage that we'll play them Away 1st leg, this should be an advantage....

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++

Our attacking has no rhyme or reason, we just seem to score goals without any plan at all , its really a shame a team that plays like we do, always seem to be nearer the top of the league and lets be honest, no way in this world are we 8 points better than Milan as we are not better than them in terms of playing, we just know how to win

Yes we are 5 points clear but its a false position, yes we might win the league but its sad as we cannot say we are undisputedly the best, just the most consistent. If Inter and Milan could match our consistency we would come 3rd or worse every season

Zlatan best player by a mile
scoring without having a plan.. Well said.. At the end of the season we must be glad if we win the scudetto.. It is really very sad.. I don´t know why juve is top of the table.. the team can not make any presure, especialy if juve get behind.. it is not the first time, that we playso bad this season (see the games against Milan, Fiorentina, Palermo.........) something must change..

Stu

Jul 14, 2002

Our attacking has no rhyme or reason, we just seem to score goals without any plan at all , its really a shame a team that plays like we do, always seem to be nearer the top of the league and lets be honest, no way in this world are we 8 points better than Milan as we are not better than them in terms of playing, we just know how to win

How do you expect to win convincingly with a midfield as inept as ours in the offensive sense

Trez i dont know any striker in the world who does as little as he does, come on you gotta create your own chances at times and its not fair to always rely on team mates
Agreed on all points. Our attack has no purpose whatsoever and playing without a creative force in midfield is a big mistake imo. When teams decide that they're going to defend with everyone behind the ball we just don't know how to break them down. Trying Olivera in the centre is a start and should be tried more ahead of the Real Madrid game.

I've been saying this about Trezeguet for a long time now, but whenever I say that people come with the same excuse over and over again, it's not his fault, he needs players to supply him with good service. Don't blame Trez, blame DP and Camo for not getting the ball to him in space. BS. Some here profess David to be one of the best strikers in the world, but the best strikers have to be able to create their own chances or at least make space for others. Trez is an excellent finisher but IMHO needs to add another dimension to his game. I know that he doesn't have the requisite ball skill to take on defenders and beat them or to play 40 yard passes, but just to get a bit more involved in the build-up, drop off sometimes to create room, draw defenders away from the centre, would make a difference.

Aug 26, 2003
I think we should not over react! the advantage is exactly for that if we lose up but we are still on top!

But what i agree is that we are no near the playing class that a top team should be like Milan, Barca or Chelsea! At the beginning of the season we had a strong defense but at the moment we are also able to conced a goal at any time i think!

If we want to win something this year i think we should change our playing style and we have to play with someone who can service the strikers! (i am thinking on Nedved as he did in 2002/2003) maybe behind the strikers, another option would be Olivera! I don't know who is the right, that is Capellos work!

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
I didnt see the Atalanta game but I did read about it on here and it seems strange to me that a team who are bottom of the league can actualy outplay us even if we did eventually win.
But I did see this game and its the same old Juve, trying to steam roller teams without any coordination or skill.

Yes we are 5 points clear but its a false position, yes we might win the league but its sad as we cannot say we are undisputedly the best, just the most consistent. If Inter and Milan could match our consistency we would come 3rd or worse every season

How do you expect to win convincingly with a midfield as inept as ours in the offensive sense

I was aghast to see Blasi, Tacchinardi and Emerson on the field at once

Come on this is Sampdoria , not Roma, Inter, or Milan so we cannot take risks and bring on Zlatan to replace Kapo? And what whas the substitution of Birindelli for Montero all about when you are 1 goal down , when we could easily have brought on Zalayeta

Inter went for broke and had all their strikers and came from behind to beat Samp, we decided to make Thuram play as a full back to try and prise open Sampdoria

As always Capello is always overly cautious in trying to win matches

Buffon didnt have much to do so no ratings either way

Birindelli is substandard but to be fair he has not been playing so its kinda difficult to come out of the cold and perform when it would have been better to let him play in some matches but you let him rot and expect miracles when he is needed

Zambrotta was below average as he didnt do very much at all and was shkay at the back

Cannavaro worst game for Juve thus far

Thuram was not much better than Cannavaro and was worse when put at right back

Camoranesi all his best work was helping the defence as he did help offensively at all

Emerson was poor

Tacchinardi was okay unlucky to be subbed

Blasi was alright in his limited ability way

Dp was neither good not bad, absolutely no turn of pace, lacking in confidence and somewhat lackadasical and if this was his chance to stake a claim for first team action, then he failed, certainly seems to tire and run out of ideas in the latter part of games. Needs either a personal trainer or a good advisor to talk to him as the ability is there but willingness is somewhat missing

Trez i dont know any striker in the world who does as little as he does, come on you gotta create your own chances at times and its not fair to always rely on team mates

Zlatan best player by a mile
Dennis, I agree with most of what you've said...I just think that maybe DP tried a little too hard to make things happen. Lets face it, he is under extreme pressure to prove Cap wrong when he gets onto the field

Apr 12, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++

Dennis, I agree with most of what you've said...I just think that maybe DP tried a little too hard to make things happen. Lets face it, he is under extreme pressure to prove Cap wrong when he gets onto the field
Well, yea. But he cannot. He is done, in my opinion at least.

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
Guys, to be honest I was a little disheartened to be a Juventus fan after this game's loss. But after watching the replay of the game yesterday, I think there's still a glimmer of hope.

Now I understand why Capello wasn't upset at all.

We didn't play badly at all. We've had most the possession, although we did give the ball cheaply more often than we should. Although we do very well anyway to get it back.

I think there's quite a small hole in our defense, but it's very small so it would only be exploited on extreme cases. Sometimes though, Canna seems TOO COOL about defending and it becomes one of our risks.

Our midfield was okay too. Blasi is surprising though. I didn't know that he was that good. He only seems to be a gear behind Emerson, all the time.

The only thing that lacked potency really was our efforts, and we weren'y really lucky as well. We had clear cut chances but I'd have to praise Antonionli for thos STUNNING SAVES. He was lucky.

Okay so here's my absolutely UNBIASED OPINION ON DEL PIERO's GAME:

I can see that he now has more confidence. He seems to be more confident in trying new things, turning the defenders, and taking his chances with shooting. Although his pace is something that still needs to be worked on, he did faily well to keep possession of the ball the entire match and only gave away a bad pass around the 85th minute. I havent seen him play for a long time and I think that he's improved so much since then.

Capello is doing the right thing, putting the pressure on him. But the pressure he puts is more like a father-to-son pressure and not a punishment. A player who has achieved so much like Del Piero is hard to motivate specially after winning so much. So he puts a little pressure on DP for him to motivate himself and gettign back on top, genius!

Anyway, the loss last game I think was purely down to lack of luck. We can bounce back, and I'm confident about it!

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
I've been saying this about Trezeguet for a long time now, but whenever I say that people come with the same excuse over and over again, it's not his fault, he needs players to supply him with good service. Don't blame Trez, blame DP and Camo for not getting the ball to him in space. BS. Some here profess David to be one of the best strikers in the world, but the best strikers have to be able to create their own chances or at least make space for others. Trez is an excellent finisher but IMHO needs to add another dimension to his game. I know that he doesn't have the requisite ball skill to take on defenders and beat them or to play 40 yard passes, but just to get a bit more involved in the build-up, drop off sometimes to create room, draw defenders away from the centre, would make a difference.
Here is the thing Stuart, we have been over this thousands of times. Has Trezeguet ever done more in our matches other than scoring goals? Has he ever had that much of an influence on team build up or creating chances himself? So now since the going gets tough and nobody else is creating chances blame goes towards Trezeguet for not doing his part. However, the problem with this is that Trezeguet's job has never been creating chances, rather only finishing chances off. How can we press someone to do a job he has never been able to do and frankly never relied upon do so? Its not that easy and you should know that all Trezeguet provides is the goal scoring touch, and when the creativity runs dry Trezeguet becomes ineffective. It's as simple as that. Its either we fix the creativity and creating chances problem in attack or just get rid of Trezeguet. Err wait a minute, why should we throw away our most reliable goal scorer on the team? Again this is not at all Trezeguet's fault because its like asking a blind man to read Shakespeare, not gonna work out.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++

I disagree, Dp went back to help our defenders he was the only one running in the first half, all of them were sleeping except zambrotta, Dp helped midfielders to get out of that gap and try to play open football, so i don't think he only did what you just mentioned he was our best player in the 1st half, the 2nd half he almost scored but i have to admit that the Samp keeper is really awesome and i think you saw what a shot he saved from Dp....
Like I said before, he did not do much in the second half except for creating only one chance on net, in which he shot almost right down the center. The fact of the matter is Stuart and I could go in there and string some passes around the field, however when it comes to creating pure chances Del Piero did not do much. Nobody knew what to do with the ball on Wednesday and nobody stepped up to create chances, except for Ibrahimovic that is. He recieved the ball and made scoring opportunities out of absolutely nothing.

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
are you people still talking about this game..??!! :groan:

under the circumstances that we had before the match.. I thought maybe we'll get a draw.. but, they scored.. I said that's it.. we don't have a midfeild..!! Nedved and his backup were out.. who will lead the midfeild..?? del piero..!!?? he's too slow a thinker.. Attacking midfeilders should be fast thinkers.. quick in finding solutions.. and DP is way too slow in that matter.. another thing.. the right flank.. lead by the legend in wasting time and team effort.. the counter attack spoiler.. "Camoranesi".. this guy does a lot of thing.. but none is effective..

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Gandalf ] ++
are you people still talking about this game..??!! :groan:

under the circumstances that we had before the match.. I thought maybe we'll get a draw.. but, they scored.. I said that's it.. we don't have a midfeild..!! Nedved and his backup were out.. who will lead the midfeild..?? del piero..!!?? he's too slow a thinker.. Attacking midfeilders should be fast thinkers.. quick in finding solutions.. and DP is way too slow in that matter..
Del Piero didn't ask to be positioned to replace Nedved!

Again, it's like you're asking a blind man to read Shakespeare. Ridiculuous argument!

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Here is the thing Stuart, we have been over this thousands of times. Has Trezeguet ever done more in our matches other than scoring goals? Has he ever had that much of an influence on team build up or creating chances himself? So now since the going gets tough and nobody else is creating chances blame goes towards Trezeguet for not doing his part. However, the problem with this is that Trezeguet's job has never been creating chances, rather only finishing chances off. How can we press someone to do a job he has never been able to do and frankly never relied upon do so? Its not that easy and you should know that all Trezeguet provides is the goal scoring touch, and when the creativity runs dry Trezeguet becomes ineffective. It's as simple as that. Its either we fix the creativity and creating chances problem in attack or just get rid of Trezeguet. Err wait a minute, why should we throw away our most reliable goal scorer on the team? Again this is not at all Trezeguet's fault because its like asking a blind man to read Shakespeare, not gonna work out.
++ [ originally posted by Primo ] ++

Again, it's like you're asking a blind man to read Shakespeare. Ridiculuous argument!
Hmmmmm.

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Primo ] ++

did I say that DP asked to be in that position..??

No..

all what I meant is that capello should know this... DP sucks at midfeild positions.. the only place DP is successful in is the 2nd forward in the left side of our attack.. just before the finisher... like this:

------------------------------------------Trez/Zlatan
-----------------------------(DP)-------------------------

----------------------------------------whoever------------------

that is the only place DP can function well in..

so, don't get me wrong...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)