[Serie A] Juventus - Sampdoria (3 Viewers)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++

So your content paying top dollar in terms of salary for a player who "does his job" and may OR may not play well. The expectations for DP have really lowered. Whatever floats your boat.
I disagree with how much DP earns but there's nothing I or anyone of us here can do about that. DP may not have been exceptional but he had a good first half and made a decent effort playing out of position in the second. My expectations for DP are that for any other player. Why should he be expected to produce more than everyone else? Because his name is Alessandro Del Piero? Maybe in 98, not now though.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Capello defends defeated Juve
Thursday 3 February, 2005

Fabio Capello insists Juventus didn’t deserve to lose to Sampdoria last night, a defeat that re-opens the title race.

The Bianconeri lost 1-0 at home to Doria, leaving Milan just five points adrift after they destroyed Messina 4-1.

"We played well and created a host of chances throughout the game," said Capello after the Delle Alpi shock.

"I have to say that goalkeeper Francesco Antonioli, who I know well from my time at Roma, was their best player.

"He made two or three really excellent saves. Sampdoria had just two shots and I don’t think Gigi Buffon really had too much to do."

Doria took the lead in the first half thanks to an Aimo Diana header and managed to defend their advantage with some determination.

"Samp are a team who play their best football away from home," continued Capello. "They defended deep in the second half and played on the break.

"Samp did well but we were a little unfortunate. Despite the loss, I’m happy with what we did."

Juve started the match with Zlatan Ibrahimovic on the bench, but he again showed his quality when he was fielded alongside Alex Del Piero and David Trezeguet in the second period.

"He started as a substitute because of the rotation system but did well when he came on," concluded the tactician.

channel4.com

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by A_LAcki ] ++
Don't get upset because of this stupid loose. We were unlucky but also very weak. We simply need Olivera and Nedved back. Also, I hope Capello changes tactics and uses the 4-3-1-2 system again.
Buffon
Zebina---Thuram---Cannavaro---Zambrotta
Camoranesi---Emerson---Olivera
Nedved
Zlatan---DP

In summer, we should sell Trezeguet as quick as possible. This guy was good, and having him in the team, is like playing with 10 men. Really. even a Nonda would score more than this idiot!
This idiot scores more than dp who should be soled asap:(

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

It depends what you mean by that. We obviously didn't score any goals, but overall our second half performance was better, and we had several goalscoring opportunities, though a lot of the time it was simply a case of hoofing a long ball to the front where the ever-present Zlatan would win the ball literally 100% of the time. Our finishing wasn't very good on the day, though Samp's keeper Antonioli did make some fine saves from Del Piero and Zlatan.

For me, Camoranesi didn't seem very effective, as he spent a lot of the time being part of the build-up play from the back, but this mostly involved him trying to dribble out of defence and losing the ball, or passing straight to an opposition midfielder/attacker. Maybe that's just me though.

Blasi played an important part in compensating for our attacking overload in the second half, as all of our corners and failed attacks led to Sampdoria counterattacks, which Blasi did well to slow down/nullify. If we were to play an attacking formation (3 forwards) like we did today, I'd probably prefer to find a way to fit both Emerson and Blasi into the lineup, as they're crucial to breaking down opposition attacks.

Probably. We were playing well in the beginning of the match, and Kapo was involved in a lot of our attacks. If we kept up the pressure with Kapo and Camoranesi raiding the flanks instead of Blasi coming on to make our formation more defensive, Sampdoria probably wouldn't have had time to put pressure on us and score their goal.

Del Piero actually had a decent first half, but he was pretty much useless in the second IMO. If we're playing with 3 forwards, it would be better to have an AM like Olivera or Nedved behind them, because if Del Piero disappears as he did in the 2nd half against Samp, there's nobody to make chances for Zlatan and Trezegol.

I'd be inclined to say yes, but then again Juve always steps up a gear when we're behind. We were playing much too casually before we conceded the goal, and our defenders made stupid stupid mistakes whilst casually passing it around inside our own half. I'm sure the attack-minded formation played a big part in our improved performance though
Thanks for the info gray. I was just trying to find out if we would be better off in 4-3-1-2.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
David, both works only for 2 not for 3 :D

Anyway, it is too late to do anything now, we have to continue the season with what we have and what we lack.....After the defeat against Reggina, the team went back to winning, so let us hope we will be getting the 3 points in games as of now....

I do not judge the team with Pavel and Olivera missing, plus Sampdoria were packed in front of their box, something Trezeguet cannot deal with and definitely not DP....Zlatan managed to that and we know how well that he can (Italy - Sweden in the Euro is the best example) Unfortunatley he was unlucky yesterday.

I also think it is too early to judge anything about the Madrid game, but if things stay as they are (injuries and this form) oh yes, the Merengues will give us a spanky

To end this bullsh*t that I said......I am glad we are still on top with 5 points, not a bad lead at all

and

Forza Juventus

djleli

Aug 12, 2004
.... i only have to say one thing against capello.... why did he subsitute kapo to blasi. it does not make sense to play blasi tacchinardi emerson and camoranesi. he should have put pessoto to left back and zambrotta left wing.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
Well, what a pathetic match. We could not create anything in attack, and did not take our chances. Sampdoria took their chance and won the game, a full-deserved victory for them. We lacked pretty much everything in attack, especially movement, good touches, quick passes, and our players were not on the same page. Most importantly, we lacked passion and grit. All I saw was eleven players out there jogging around like the game was some sort of joke scrimmage; no passion whatsoever. The only player who deserves any sort of recognition in this match is Zlatan, as he basically made all the chances we had in the second half all by himself. I wish he would have started this match.

Buffon did not have much to do.

Birindelli did not do much either, and if Zebina was playing we would have had more of a presence on the right of the pitch and in attack.

Thuram was solid however he did not look good with the ball today.

Cannavaro was solid but again he did not do much, same as Thuram.

Zambrotta should have made more runs up the pitch. After Kapo went off with injury it seemed like he stopped making surging runs upfield. We need his runs if we want to score goals.

Camoranesi gave the ball away too much again and did not create much at all. Second half was worse than the first.

Emerson looked inept with the ball tonight, and did not do much. This goes down as one of his least inspirational performances of the year.

Tacchinardi was at fault by letting Castellini get his head to the ball, which led to the Diana goal. Not good enough and I am glad he was subbed.

Blasi was soild and looked more into the match than Emerson. His highlight was a blistering shot which almost caught upper 90. If that was the best shot of the night you know your team was in trouble.

Kapo was good until he was subbed. IMO if he was still on through the whole match we would have created more and possibly even scored. After he went off there was nobody doing anything on the left side of the pitch. Where's Zambrotta?

Trezeguet did absolutely nothing at all.

Del Piero made two nice moves in the first half, thats it. In the second half he did absolutely nothing, and hopefully people now see why Capello starts Zlatan.... Ibrahimovic came on and actually made some scoring opportunities for us, all by himself. I don't care what anybody says, Zlatan should have started this match and if he did we would have at least a draw after this so-called "performance." He is critical to our success this season.

Montero is just worthless. Plain and simple.

Hopefully Capello will teach our team how to move and play in attack. Looks like we still have not learned how to yet.
I disagree, Dp went back to help our defenders he was the only one running in the first half, all of them were sleeping except zambrotta, Dp helped midfielders to get out of that gap and try to play open football, so i don't think he only did what you just mentioned he was our best player in the 1st half, the 2nd half he almost scored but i have to admit that the Samp keeper is really awesome and i think you saw what a shot he saved from Dp....

Camoranesi was worthless,

I agree with Trezeguet

Another thing our defenders better start focusing, if they really think they are the best defenders around the world they better stay AWAKE all the time!

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
The only way we are going to win matches is if we score first. If we let the opposition take the lead, we become flustered and bewildered and cannot do anything in attack. Once teams sit back against us everything is on lock down, especially the opposition's goal.
aint a solution but great idea Andy, But we should learn some from Inter and Man utd, they never give up untill the ref blows his whistle, thats what Juve should do, play untill the last seconds, EVEN if we were leading, we should play attacking football Not defending....Inter can change a game in just 5min!!! i've seen them alot !

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
I didnt see the Atalanta game but I did read about it on here and it seems strange to me that a team who are bottom of the league can actualy outplay us even if we did eventually win.
But I did see this game and its the same old Juve, trying to steam roller teams without any coordination or skill.

Our attacking has no rhyme or reason, we just seem to score goals without any plan at all , its really a shame a team that plays like we do, always seem to be nearer the top of the league and lets be honest, no way in this world are we 8 points better than Milan as we are not better than them in terms of playing, we just know how to win

Yes we are 5 points clear but its a false position, yes we might win the league but its sad as we cannot say we are undisputedly the best, just the most consistent. If Inter and Milan could match our consistency we would come 3rd or worse every season

How do you expect to win convincingly with a midfield as inept as ours in the offensive sense

I was aghast to see Blasi, Tacchinardi and Emerson on the field at once

Come on this is Sampdoria , not Roma, Inter, or Milan so we cannot take risks and bring on Zlatan to replace Kapo? And what whas the substitution of Birindelli for Montero all about when you are 1 goal down , when we could easily have brought on Zalayeta

Inter went for broke and had all their strikers and came from behind to beat Samp, we decided to make Thuram play as a full back to try and prise open Sampdoria

As always Capello is always overly cautious in trying to win matches

Buffon didnt have much to do so no ratings either way

Birindelli is substandard but to be fair he has not been playing so its kinda difficult to come out of the cold and perform when it would have been better to let him play in some matches but you let him rot and expect miracles when he is needed

Zambrotta was below average as he didnt do very much at all and was shkay at the back

Cannavaro worst game for Juve thus far

Thuram was not much better than Cannavaro and was worse when put at right back

Camoranesi all his best work was helping the defence as he did help offensively at all

Emerson was poor

Tacchinardi was okay unlucky to be subbed

Blasi was alright in his limited ability way

Dp was neither good not bad, absolutely no turn of pace, lacking in confidence and somewhat lackadasical and if this was his chance to stake a claim for first team action, then he failed, certainly seems to tire and run out of ideas in the latter part of games. Needs either a personal trainer or a good advisor to talk to him as the ability is there but willingness is somewhat missing

Trez i dont know any striker in the world who does as little as he does, come on you gotta create your own chances at times and its not fair to always rely on team mates

Zlatan best player by a mile

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003

No, I clearly understand what you meant. My point is that Trezeguet's job is to finish off chances, however he only got two opportunities to score. That is not enough. The midfielders and other forwards are supposed to supply the ball for him to work his magic in the area. Was DP not one of those other forwards? Trezeguet never is involved in the match, so its nothing new. He is in there to finish off chances created by the other players around him. He did not recieve any service today.
so you trying now to cover Trezeguet and bash Dp?

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

This excuse that is continually reserved for Trezeguet is a poor one imo. When the service to you isn't good you have to move and make your own space. DP, Zlatan and even Zalayeta do it, but all Trez did tonight was stand up and hope Camoranesi put an inch perfect cross on his head, or Del Piero slid a through ball splitting the defence for him to run onto and score. My coach is always telling our strikers that movement is key and when teams defend in numbers like Sampdoria did today, you have to drop off or make lateral runs, even if you know that you aren't going to get the ball, just to make space for the others around you. I noticed that Ibrahimovic did this very well when paired with Del Piero when Trez was injured, but David was about as immobile as they come today. I suppose it's DP's fault that Trez can't create his own chances or chances for others, right? Even the best goalscorers, Shevchenko, Van Nistelrooy, Vieri for example, have had to learn how to be effective outside of the box. Don't you think it heaps an unfair amount of pressure on the support striker when their partner is Trezeguet (no disrespect intended) and the opposition is defending with 10 men behind the ball like today? Not to mention that the midfield offers absolutely NO creativity. How come it's fair for you to say that the service to Trez wasn't there, but I can't state that DP's performance is effected because of this too? Because he's the support striker and is supposed to set up his partner? It's not exactly easy for you to set up someone when no-one is setting you up.

Ratings for the strikers in today's game:

DP - 6
Trez - 4.5
Zlatan - 7

It has always been my view that when there's no creative force in a team, as is the case with us, the two forwards should be able to contribute to the build-up and be able to make their own chances, which is why I like the DP-Zlatan partnership. Trezlatan has been good, but if Trezeguet plays like he did today it won't matter how well Ibrahimovic plays.
:thumb:

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Bürke ] ++
You know why Juve lost? Does anybody?

I know, you want the secret, well here it is: DP started and played the whhhhhhoooooolllllle match. Theres your fuckin' problem right there.
HA HA HA , How funny this Burke can be...

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Dr-Juve ] ++

Hope so
Really want to believe u
sorry guys but forget Real....and CL and soon we will forget the top rank in italy.....every match (almost) we come to conclusions like this ....we are very bad.....sooner or later just few weeks and u will see how bad we are and hope Moggi open his shit wallet and buy players not combars like shit kapo zebina blasi tachi trz and the one am mad of hate him Rabishh camo.....

Get rid of DP also he is suck

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Juventinoo ] ++

sorry guys but forget Real....and CL and soon we will forget the top rank in italy.....every match (almost) we come to conclusions like this ....we are very bad.....sooner or later just few weeks and u will see how bad we are and hope Moggi open his shit wallet and buy players not combars like shit kapo zebina blasi tachi trz and the one am mad of hate him Rabishh camo.....

Get rid of DP also he is suck
Negative post....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)